• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All i want for christmas is just AoD line of supplies added to DH. Id buy the game thrice just for that.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Just because the AI cannot be improved should not stop the development of Darkest hour. In a perfect world perhaps, the resources necessary could be applied to move Darkest hour on to a newer engine. Unfortunately, that's not the case. I'm over it.
The important thing to realize about coding the AI is that it is done in a narrative literary style, as a metaphor, unique to each nation and circumstances for evolving frontline warfare needs to be considered with the entire extant map of Earth as possibility, so it is massively exhaustive but can be focused to extremely satisfying scenarios.

Is it ever going to be possible to select a group of air or naval divisions and right-click a target for one mission type? Currently, each division has to be set for the same mission. It gets tedious and I wouldn't mess with it normally, except some mods reduce the lowest ranking air commanders to commanding only one division. (Edge of Darkness)

Is it ever going to be possible to select a group of air or naval divisions and right-click a target for one mission type? Currently, each division has to be set for the same mission. It gets tedious and I wouldn't mess with it normally, except some mods reduce the lowest ranking air commanders to commanding only one division. (Edge of Darkness)
Pretty sure that isn't going to happen (changes that is). But you could always edit the mod to allow higher command limits

Pretty sure that isn't going to happen (changes that is). But you could always edit the mod to allow higher command limits
I'm curious what makes it a difficulty. The armies move and attack as the same command when right-clicking. Would be super radical to be able to set a default right-click option for navies and air, like ground support and convoy raiding by right-clicking for all selected divisions, and they all move at once towards that objective. Could be an option in the menu to set the default mission type for right-clicking with each service branch.

To be honest, there are loads of suggestion that would improve the game, I just don't see any new development coming our way ( BUT THEY CAN ALWAYS PROVE ME WRONG!!!)

To be honest, there are loads of suggestion that would improve the game, I just don't see any new development coming our way ( BUT THEY CAN ALWAYS PROVE ME WRONG!!!)
Yes, have not seen the Devs be active for a long time.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I wonder if DH will be compatible with SteamDeck. I feel like Grand Strategy could get pretty popular on it, especially the older games that could run easily and with minimal hassle on portable hardware.

Honestly, at this point its looking like the only future is to create a "OpenEuropa" engine similar to the OpenXCOM engine. Would also allow for extensive modding beyond our current capabilities, updates to keep the old Europa Engine games playable on newer systems, and even porting to other plataforms aside from PC and such. Plus if done the same way OpenXCOM is done, it would legally gucci with Paradox because it would still require legal purchase of the original game and its files to play.

But that's just me being crazy... or am I?

• 3Like
Reactions: