• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You need to send 10 spies into France and Yugoslavia at game start and set them on a mission to increase threat. Your neutrality is a function of the nation that is the biggest threat to you. France with a big army and a common border is your biggest threat. Spies increasing France's threat will lower your neutrality fastest. It should be lower than Yugoslavian threat soon after the Anschluss.

Cool, thanks!

I kinda abandoned this AAR and I became obsessed with expanding the mod. There is another AAR that I just started a few days ago with the mod as it has been expanded and improved. It is a hands off game showing the decisions of the AI and demonstrating how strong my Italy looks but how weak it really is (unless the player intervenes to fix things), just like in real life

Yes I've been following that AAR with great curiosity and will comment in there.

I noted that in this particular AAR you didn't use tactical air power. Any reason why not? Are you using the TACs on anti-ship missions?

Fun campaign as Italy using Tommylotto's TFH Mod

This is my first time winning HoI3 as an Axis power, and I must say that Tommylotto's TFH Mod was very fun. I especially like the increased unit variety: Semi-motorized Militia played a large part in my army in the early game, then being upgraded to Motorized Loyalists later. The various options for cavalry (Standard, Horse, and Loyal) were also useful.

The progression of the game itself was Mundane. First, I intervened in the Spanish Civil War, capturing some small coastal areas of Spain and insuring a Nationalist victory. Once WWII started, I advanced across North Africa over a period of ~2 years, while simultaneously my troops in A.O.I. slowly pushed the British out of East Africa. Once Germany began Operation Barbarossa, I sent the troops which had previously been fighting the French (during the Battle of France) over to the front with the Soviets under an AI army group. However, in 1942 the advance into Russia turned into a retreat, and I nearly gave up on the playthrough.
Even so, I decided to keep playing to the bitter end, and in Summer 1943, amazingly, combined German, Italian, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Romanian, and Slovak armies stopped the T-34s in their tracks and turned back the tide, capturing Moscow in February 1944 and defeating the Soviets a few months after. Meanwhile, the Canadians (of all people!) decided to invade Spain in 1942, so my divisions which had previously been in North Africa and the Middle East were sent there to defend my holdings and Spanish allies (who had nearly zero troops). It took a few months to defeat this odd invasion, but once this was done I sent those troops home for refitting: Infantry and Semi-Motorized were upgraded to Motorized or Mechanized, Light Tanks became Medium Tanks, etc.
Once this was complete (shortly after the defeat of the Soviets) I decided to invade the British Isles and perform the Sea Lion which Germany did not. Scout planes indicated that the Brits had few troops in Wales, so the initial landing was there. My upgraded divisions quickly took over England and Wales, while the German AI decided to invade Scotland and Northern Ireland. The British surrendered upon the capture of London in mid-1944, but the Allies fought on. Because I had never got to this point in the game, I did not know what I had to do to win, and thought that I would have to invade the USA, so I built up troops. In January 1945, I checked the Victory Conditions list and realized that Ireland had to be Axis-controlled for the Sea Lion condition, but figured that all conditions had to be completed for victory. Because Germany had many, many troops in Northern Ireland, I decided to declare war on the Irish so the Germans could defeat them and make them my puppet.
How surprised I was, when soon after the Germans defeated the Irish, a dialog popped up:
HOI3_ITA_wincropped.png

Here are some screenshots:
Full "You Win" screenshot - German and Italian occupation zones in Britain are also shown:
HOI3_ITA_winmsg.jpg
Exit screen - Objectives, Victory Points, and Faction members:
HOI3_ITA_winscrn.jpg
Diplomacy screen - the Soviet Union is my vassal:
HOI3_ITA_diplo.jpg
Europe map - the Mediterranean is mine, everyone's Axis:
HOI3_ITA_europe.jpg
Africa map - the Roman Empire extends from Egypt to Kenya:
HOI3_ITA_africa.jpg
Asia map - Japan did very well:
HOI3_ITA_asia.jpg

Uh... I think you might have been looking for the mod thread. This is a (rather old and abandoned) AAR by Tommylotto himself, your own AARs should be posted in the mod thread (if they are small like this one) or in an AAR thread of your own.
Thanks for the AAR though; I hope the mods won't just delete your post since I'd really like to see you write a full AAR :)

Uh... I think you might have been looking for the mod thread. This is a (rather old and abandoned) AAR by Tommylotto himself, your own AARs should be posted in the mod thread (if they are small like this one) or in an AAR thread of your own.
Thanks for the AAR though; I hope the mods won't just delete your post since I'd really like to see you write a full AAR :)

I would really like to see YOU writing an AAR :p