• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TehDarkMiner

Supreme Commander
29 Badges
Dec 9, 2012
  • Dungeonland
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
The Four Faction War

302a.png

Most German AARs are just Germany vs the world. This one's a little different. The USA, the Comintern, the Allies and the Axis will all be forced to fight against each other.

USA drops a bomb on London. Russia invades India. England invades Hawaii in a massive naval battle with Japanese, American and Allied ships. Who knows what will happen? All I can say, is that it's going to awesome.

Criticism is welcome! I'm not very experienced with AARs - I've only ever done one other and I never completed it due to the internet not working.

Ground rules
No cheating
Normal difficulty
Normal game mode
No mods

A few other things
I've given plans ahistorical names to reflect their ahistorical nature. Fall Sonnenuntergang - Operation/Case Sunset in English - is the invasion of Poland. Fall Silber - Operation/Case Silver in English - is the invasion of the Soviet Union.

If you want to skip to the actual war between four factions, start at Chapter Six.

Contents

Chapter One: Preamble and Plans
[post=16695653]Preamble and Plans[/post]

Chapter Two: Rise of the Reich
[post=16698414]Part I: A Modern Army[/post]
[post=16782510]Part II: A Small Taste of the Future[/post]
[post=16793186]Part III: Political Tensions[/post]
[post=16800734]Part IV: In Preparation[/post]

Chapter Three: Poland No More
[post=16807789]Part V: The Battle for Danzig (Fall Sonnenuntergang I)[/post]
[post=16813621]Part VI: The Road to Warsaw (Fall Sonnenuntergang II)[/post]
[post=16819187]Part VII: A Case of Mopping Up (Fall Sonnenuntergang III)[/post]

[post=16819253]Intermission 1: The Polish Campaign[/post]

Chapter Four: Schlieffen Plan Mark II
[post=16824940]Part VIII: Copenhagen Laughs[/post]
[post=16829563]Part IX: Not Such a Precarious Plan[/post]
[post=16829986]Part X: Last Day of the U-Boots[/post]
[post=16847838]Part XI: Strong Resistance (Schlieffen Plan Mark II I)[/post]
[post=16854687]Part XII: Panzers to Top Speed (Schlieffen Plan Mark II II)[/post]
[post=16865298]Part XIII: First Steps in France (Schlieffen Plan Mark II III)[/post]
[post=16870930]Part XIV: Paris is Threatened (Schlieffen Plan Mark II IV)[/post]
[post=16874794]Part XV: Refusal to Surrender (Schlieffen Plan Mark II V)[/post]
[post=16882060]Part XVI: A Holiday in Spain[/post]

[post=16887383]Intermission 2: The Western Campaign[/post]

Chapter Five: The USA Grumbles
[post=16914932]Part XVII: Fixing the Italian Mess[/post]
[post=16940332]Part XVIII: The Axis Returns[/post]
[post=16956870]Part XIX: Final Plans[/post]
[post=17005388]Part XX: The Pieces Fall into Place[/post]
[post=17027121]Part XXI: Roosevelt's Ambition[/post]

Chapter Six: The World at War (Fall Silber)
[post=17032214]Part XXII: The Prelude has Ended[/post]
[post=17037015]Part XXIII: The Maple and the Eagle[/post]
[post=17051357]Part XXIV: The Battle of Lwow[/post]
[post=17059322]Part XXV: The Fall of Pearl Harbour[/post]
[post=17065271]Part XXVI: Canada Defeated[/post]
[post=17078687]Part XXVII: In Full Retreat[/post]
[post=17084268]Part XXVIII: The Surrender of Communism[/post]

Chapter Seven: The Lions of the Sea
[post=17101346]Part XXIX: Japan and the Pacific[/post]
[post=17130203]Part XXX: Striking at the Heart of Britain[/post]
[post=17152078]Part XXXI: Norway[/post]
[post=17168460]Part XXXII: The Little Invasion of England[/post]
[post=17174466]Part XXXIII: Invasion of the Isles[/post]
[post=17192069]Part XXXIV: End of an Empire[/post]
[post=17207123]Part XXXV: Capitulation[/post]

Chapter Eight: World Power Manifest
[post=17291692]Part XXXVI: End to the Axis[/post]
[post=17340091]Part XXXVII: Finland Falls[/post]
[post=17545426]Part XXXVIII: Hungary Falls[/post]
[post=17651418]Part XXXIX: Romania Falls[/post]
[post=17656207]Part XL: Europe is Conquered[/post]
[post=17714125]Part XLI: Hitler's Secret Weapons[/post]
[post=17755403]Part XLII: The Far East is Safe[/post]

Chapter Nine: Calm Before the Storm
[post=17770508]Part XLIII: Reorganisation of the Fleet[/post]
[post=17828472]Part XLIV: Initial Strategy[/post]
[post=17867494]Part XLV: Islands and Corps[/post]

[post=17891413]Intermission 3: Oberkommando Amerika[/post]

Chapter Ten: Giants Clash
[post=18672015]Part XLVI: It Begins[/post]

Last edited:
Chapter One: Preamble and Plans

On the night of the 31st of December, 1935, a man sat at his desk, sifting through many different papers. Reports of foreign embassies criticising his actions. Newspapers reporting of a country preparing for a large-scale world-wide invasion spree. The man was tired. He had tried to keep his actions quiet, but somehow the world had found out.

He skimmed over headlines like
'Adolf Plans Attack on the US'
'Deutschland Will Nicht Mehr Krieg, Führer!'
'Allemagne Vengera ses Pertes'
'War is looming, warns Churchill'

The stories went on and on. The man stood up. He had had enough for one day. He told himself he would execute whoever leaked this to the western democracies. But they had correctly assumed his plans: to invade the world. And turning the great industrial superpower of Germany into a military machine was a perfect method of doing just so. Even though the world had found out what he had done, they merely protested. None of them responded with force or even a change in foreign policy.

The man had just changed his country's economic laws to reflect a war economy. Germany had gained a huge industrial capacity for military. That man was Adolf Hitler. And he planned to use it all.

Hitler looked at some other papers. Far more interesting ones. From the head of the military came an interesting booklet called 'Deutsche Invasionplaene'. Hitler opened the book.

ekix.png

Hitler smiled. That sounded like a lot of countries. Hopefully with some persuasion, he could get Yugoslavia and perhaps even Greece to join the Axis as well. He didn't want the British gaining a foothold in southern Europe. Hitler looked at his watch. 1 AM. Everybody else was partying - it was New Years Eve after all. But soon, Hitler thought, they would be fighting instead.

Last edited:
I probably should say, I plan to have the US join the war at around the same time I invade the SU. It might get a bit too weird (have to give this some historical plausibility, the US was fairly neutral up to that point)

Chapter Two: Rise of the Reich
Part I: A Modern Army
1st of January, 1936

Hitler knew it was only a matter of time before other countries felt threatened enough to start using their factories for military purposes too. He had to act, and what a great day it was to start! The new year shall herald the fall of the western democracies.

Hitler walked outside of his office, gently stroking his mustache. He headed straight for the man who would be of most use to him at this moment, the Chief of the Army. Werner von Fritsch and Adolf had always been friends, even when they were young children. They would play with toy soldiers for hours, both imagining if one day, they could control real soldiers like they did with their toys. Hitler remembered this for a second as he walked into the office of von Fritsch.

'Fritschy old boy, I need to know the general state of the armed forces!' Hitler cried.
'Okay, sure. Well as you can see here, these are the general locations of deployment of our glorious Wehrmacht,' Werner explained.

cbxm.png

Hitler looked up for a moment, and mumbled, 'Why are they all out of fuel? Are we really that incompetent?'
'No,' von Fritsch replied, 'they were redeployed several hours ago, supplies have not reached them yet.'
'Okay. So, what about our infantry divisions? What are they like?' Hitler queried.
'They're alright. With a bit of research we can make them something to fear! Mind you, those Allies would fear a single-brigade militia division!' von Fritsch laughed, 'Here, have a look at one and see what you think, my leader!'

thcp.png

'WAS IST DAS? NEIN! This will not do at all! There is no artillery! None! We must get to work producing an artillery brigade for every infantry division,' Hitler panicked, 'or those Allies might just hurt us,'
'Well, shall we look at our glorious Luftwaffe and our Kriegsmarine before I take you through our industry and research? Take a look, leader!'

wj7d.png

'Well, that's okay. But we need more!' Hitler exclaimed.
'Wait till you see our navy,' von Fritsch laughed.

wgtk.png

'I suppose Assmann's U-Boots will be at the bottom of the sea a lot of the time!' Hitler laughed.
von Fritsch looked at Hitler dryly. 'I'll have you know that he is a very respected naval officer! Do not joke about his name, please!' he stammered.
'Yes, I'm sure of it. Well, I shall have to scrap all plans of invading Britain, Werner. This is awful! We couldn't take down a passing Latvian fishing boat made of soggy paper with this!' Hitler sighed. He looked down again, 'I doubt this will protect us from the British, let alone attack with! Nein, we must rethink a naval strategy, we cannot create a strong navy by the time the war starts,' he added.
'Which brings us to production, leader. Time for your great economic law change to be used to full effect! What shall we get?'
'Get some artillery brigades, and scrap those above-water ships! Get some aeroplanes and perhaps some infantry divisions. Oh, and a panzer division. Let's get up that construction practical!
'So like this, my leader?' Werner asked.

vpx8.png

"Ah, ja! Ein perfect start to our world domination, Werner! And what about research? I'm not too acquainted with that stuff; you handle it, okay?'
'Okay! I was thinking to focus on land doctrines, military and airforce upgrades, and industry,' von Fritsch explained, 'and I shall allocate it as so:'

66nd.png

'Okay, and what shall we focus on for our spies? They can't be sitting around doing nothing!' Hitler demanded.
'Uh, let's try and make the Soviets feel weak! Spread rumours of power abuses and poor army abilities and such! They shall surrender to our might quickly, should we invade. And focus on making our own country feel stronger, get the people to love us!' Werner thought, 'So how about this? We can't get too many countries involved with our spies, we need to save leadership for research, I fear:'

bczh.png

'I have no idea, Fritschy, what any of that means, but it sounds helpful!' Hitler smiled.
'Excellent. Oh, I hear Italy is fighting Ethiopia in Africa, and I also hear Japan has a very uneasy peace with China. Perhaps we should bring them to our cause? We will need some allies in this war,' Werner recommended.
'Gute idee!' Hitler shouted, 'do that, Werner, and I will commemorate you greatly!'.

Hitler walked out of the room, stroking his mustache once more. He could still hear partying in the streets below him. He ignored it. The coming months would give Hitler some real power.

[post=16782510]
clickupdate_zpsc37fd38f.png
[/post]

Last edited:
This could get very messy very soon.
Very interesting, I like it :)

This could get very messy very soon.
Very interesting, I like it :)

I've never seen the AI of the Allies against the SU before, without Germany being defeated first. It would be cool if they invaded at Murmansk or Arkhangelsk while I'm attacking, and three armies fight over the SU :D

Oww, I thought this was a MP game. Nevermind, it should still be hard ;)

Good luck with this, I like the concept and eagerly await what transpires. Interestingly enough, I always found it amazing that Hitler wanted to invade France and the Low Countries in 1939 (right after Poland) but managed to get talked out of it by his generals. One might always speed things up a bit if things go exceedingly well! :cool:

And yes, one might speed things up...

Sorry again guys, my internet came back but before I could do anything, it went away again :\. I believe my internet will be stable now, so I will be able to update.
Sorry once more!

Last edited:
Part II: A Small Taste of the Future
13th of June, 1936

Adolf Hitler was very pleased today. He was in a small German town, Lingen, observing his new artillery brigades. His new Nebelwerfers would surely cause fear and horror among Germany's enemies, Hitler thought.

O2YTR4b.png

'Yes, they are beautiful, are they not?' Helmut Kämpfe, a commander of one of the new upgraded divisions, noted.
Hitler was about to say that he completely agreed when somebody came shouting and running.
'Mein Führer! I have important news!' that person cried loudly.
'What is it?' Hitler inquired.
'Here, have a look!' the man said, passing Hitler a piece of paper.

iT32LQJ.png

'You will give National Spain some help, right? Intervene in that war a little bit?' the man questioned.
'Ha! No, after I am done with France I will move onto Spain anyway. Why bother with helping them if they're getting crushed anyway?' Hitler laughed.
The man frowned for a moment.
'Well, there's this news, too,' the man said after a pause.

MUQmS2V.png

Now it was Hitler's turn to frown.
'It took FOUR MONTHS to defeat a little African kingdom? What is Mussolini PLAYING AT HERE? The fools!' Hitler shouted.
'You plan to invade Italy too?' the man laughed.
'No, but I think I might need to devote some of our divisions to help them in Egypt when the time comes. Weakening our power in Europe, I might add!' Hitler sighed.
'All this war, my Führer, is a taste of what the world shall soon see! I imagine, Italy's weakness in Ethiopia is also a taste of what is to come for Italy though. This invasion of the world you plan may be more difficult than expected, especially when undoubtedly Britain's ally the United States will come to their rescue,' Kämpfe noted.

Ah yes, Hitler thought, the United States. He would have to deal with them soon. But no military of Germany could cross the Atlantic with the mighty USN at the gates. Hitler needed a better idea. Something a bit more diplomatic.

Last edited:
Ah poor, Franco! (or the Republicans)...Hitler already looking at a post-war world, but why stop in Spain? ;)

I think this is a pretty cool idea. I'm interested to see how the UK fairs once the US withdraws its support (if you plan to let them support them at all).
I think I'll still let them lend-lease and such until the USA DoWs the Allies, just because the UK probably needs that IC more than the US :)

Ah poor, Franco! (or the Republicans)...Hitler already looking at a post-war world, but why stop in Spain?
I can't really expand much without taking the SU out first - I can't stretch the forces too thin! I might take out Switzerland and possibly Turkey (but if I don't have enough men to open a second front in southern Russia I probably won't) though, in the period between the invasions :)

Last edited:
Part III: Political Tensions
11th of January, 1938

A lot had happened in 1937, Hitler noted. He remembered the Japanese attacking China, having needed resources. They stormed through Shanxi in a matter of weeks, and even now China's armies were in complete retreat. He remembered his skillful diplomatic prowess as he coerced the Japanese into joining the Axis - giving the Allies a great naval threat that he could not possibly create himself.
Hitler also remembered how Republican Spain was defeated after a year of intense, long fighting. Not that the winner really mattered to him; they would be all be speaking German in a few years anyway, he thought.

But his mind was turned to other matters. A country, south of Germany, was demanded to join the Reich, and Hitler was eagerly awaiting the response from its leader.

A knock on the door.

Hitler stood up, already predicting the news. 'Come in!' he said.
'I have news! Look!' cried a man, 'It is a great day for the Reich!'

lvfa4Gs.png

Hitler smiled. More resources, manpower and industry. A few divisions too.
'And what is the international response?' Hitler queried.

'Nothing. They've done absolutely nothing.' the messenger smiled.
'Really? Not even a complaint?' Hitler opened his eyes wide in surprise, 'Well, in that case, I think Czechoslovakia shall be an easy target!' Hitler laughed.

Last edited:
Who the hell do you think you are, annexing Austria like it's nothing!
I am going to protest here and now at the League of Nations and, and, and. I don't know what but I will do you something! We will cut tea and croissant export to Germany by 10%!

Seriously though: Maybe not the most exiting, but certainly an important update. Looking forward to it's continuation.

Who the hell do you think you are, annexing Austria like it's nothing!
I am going to protest here and now at the League of Nations and, and, and. I don't know what but I will do you something! We will cut tea and croissant export to Germany by 10%!

Seriously though: Maybe not the most exiting, but certainly an important update. Looking forward to it's continuation.
Ha ha, cut croissant export :rofl:
I hate the pre-war stuff. I'll have one more update before the war begins - I'll get straight to the action :)