• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will put all the images into spoiler boxes tomorrow so people don't have to load all the images again.
EDIT: Done. All chapters/sub-chapters are now placed in Spoiler Tags so people don't have to load all the images for just reading a single post.

Last edited:
Chapter 3, Sub-chapter 12: The End of an Era
Its been a long time since the last update. Real life is complicated right now, but alas!

We begin with advancing our administrative knowledge. Soon we will get Exploration ideas! (After we get naval first).
ZtLJEUX.png

In Spain, Catalunya is independent now (Can't figure out how).
NixlLMM.png

In the east, we peaced out with the hordes after realising that taking more than 1 province would upset many neighbours of ours (Can't realise why, since Nogai is not connected to Europe in anyway (Culturally and Religiously that is).
umrDdwt.png

Soon after Georgia joins a coalition against us. Fine. If they envy us and try to take us out, then we will completely decimate them. Our armies will increase exponentially and we will end their feud against us and we will split Novgorod in half (South will be ours, while the north will become Finnish). Afterwards, we will go after the Magyars and the Serbs.

Sorry for this short update however, did not find time to spend playing any longer..

Whichever pisses me off first.
But honestly, I wish to expand South and East to establish good looking borders and then go west and eventually control Scandinavian and German lands. But it will be hard since every province I take I gain AE against EVERY neighbour.

Chapter 4: Blood For Blood

The Basarab bloodline led a small provincial Duchy to an Empire spanning on two continents in just two centuries.
7dv6sIk.png

And the coalition that almost destroyed our union will soon dissapear. Our troops are amassing on Georgian and Novgorodian bordes. The Finns have agreed to join in a full scale invasion, with Novgorod divided between us.
hebM25R.png

The current religious state of Europe/Middle-East and Africa:
og1anvZ.png

Damn! France requests our assistance in invading the Papal-States allies again. This time however...We cannot risk another massive logistical maneuver like last time and risk losing many soldiers. No. France can handle those small states now.
5P8PGjU.png

d0e6SRp.png

qz603qH.png

Lollard Heretics arose in Spain and Catalunya. Maybe a new faith on the world stage?
ZoDqmSG.png

Our current economy:
CVi9bGt.png

Current military:
opZ4XDe.png

Current technology:
b8OR5sK.png

And our current trade:
ZSKLsOr.png

I want my readers to understand the current situation. It could be better yes, but I have vague information regarding trade and building the "right" buildings.

Next Update I will perform an invasion of the current coalition forces.

Chapter 4, Sub-chapter 1: Major Offensive

Our army and its generals are ready. We can begin our major offensive against the coalition.
Our military has seen some advancements lately, no doubt will help in the coming war.
narbuud.png

We begin claiming a province in Georgia since it does not have any allies which can interfere.
zYZXkYX.png

Meanwhile, in South-Asia, Malaya claimed all the Indonesian provinces. A foe that can most likely withstand Yuan's strength.
ypeS1LK.png

Down in Africa, tribes rule the continent, with the exception of the Mali Empire and Morroco Kingdom dominating in the west.
eS22fi3.png

Back on the main continent, Padua surrendered to Francia.
ZDWuyIm.png

Back at the Kings Castle in Bran, Mihail the II'nd was browsing through the library as he finally found the time after a week of diplomatic meetings with the Finns.
As he was browsing the Chronicles of Rome, by Ecclisitius (Totally not made up name btw), an advisor storms through the main hall of the library, searching for the King.
"What is it with this commotion?" Mihail asked.
"My liege, we have made a great breakthrough in administrative capabilities. But, we still have not found out how to colonize a province." The Advisor responds.
"Curses! How long until we can colonise! This is getting annoying!" The King shouts.
Mx3UWmu.png

We unlocked Naval Ideas, however, we cannot select Exploration Ideas if we ever reach Administrative 25.
Zmj5ylp.png

In the north, the Scandinavians are losing a war against Poland. They must have gotten in way over their heads in some treaty.
RuvsSz3.png

And soon after, Lutheran and Anglican uprising happen all over the Catholic world. The Pope has failed to contain this uprising. They should not have separated from the Orthodox Church in the first place. It is their mistake, and they will pay for it. The true Faith has survived all this time since the collapse of the Roman Empire, if anyone thinks that these new religions will make any difference, they are widely mistaken.
wnPNgLQ.png

Time has come. Let us seal the fate of our enemies and unleash the horrors of war.
gchqaum.png

The Finns enter the play.
II1sdBq.png

800px-AtaculdeNoapte.jpg

Several mercenary groups are hired to supplement the front.
eRLkUFz.png

2S8S34O.png

RB2zWN4.png

The first battle takes place in Lvov.
HtkmmSr.png

Our King leads the main assault on Nizhny-Novgorod.
viSE9S5.png

Ahh, it appears Francia concluded their war and emerged victorious. This war will set-back the Spanish.
ArxTvaN.png

In the far West, there are rumours that Portugal, humiliated by Spain, sought new lands for quite some time. They have begun setting a journey in the vast Ocean of the West, known as the Atlantic.
spanish_ships.jpg

Apparently, France was called to war by Connacht, the Irish Power in the Brittish Isles. They requested the French assistance in order to combat the growth of the English threat.
We wish them luck.
zkf0pin.png

Back on the northern front-line, the Nogvorodians have arrived with 25,000 soldiers. We must watch our step or risk falling in an ambush that could seal the fate of the northern front.
2k1NiIs.png

Curses! Some Catholic Zealots have risen in the former Scandinavian colony. We quickly dispatch 4,000 mercenaries to deal with the problem.
oXm06IW.png

Down south, at the Georgian front-line, our sieging forces in Circassia were ambushed when attacking the province. We sent reinforcements, but I fear they will lose their position before the reinforcements arrive.
PP4UIQT.png

Damnit! Be it so.
XbArEsP.png

We hope Alexander, the only General on the southern front, can assure safety to the besieging troops.
tZnR60l.png

You are right Milton! My allies have no AE what so ever.. But my neighbours (Which are all rivals, FYI) receive AE all the time. And in no small amounts. Oh well. I guess I will have to deal with them in time. But what I have noticed is the Sunni nations in the south (Ottomans, Karamanids, Syrians) have no issue with me taking over any territory from Catholic, Orthodox or Tengri religions.

By the way, can you tell me why I cannot see the Exploration Ideas to be selected in the future? I have selected Naval Ideas so the Wiki says that after that I can select Exploration Ideas. Or is it a problem with me being in Eastern Tech?

EDIT: Here is the link to the wiki. Please take note that I have to update the mod, but will do so after this war.
Link to the Wiki.

2nd EDIT: Apparently I have been using the dev version and when I applied the update, my savegames are so corrupt, the game crashes when loading them.. Now I fear I'm stuck without being able to get Exploration Ideas.

Last edited:
Chapter 4, Sub-chapter 2: Battle of Circassia

"General Alexander is too late. My regiment was butchered by the Georgians. My friends...Oh God..Their heads crumbled at the sword of the Georgian troops... I am now in hiding, trying to find a path back to the nearest army. I know we are to protect our lands, but this.. Was it all worth it, God? Was it worth throwing out the lives of men who had families, of men who..had...mothers and wives.. Sometimes I wonder.. If any of this is worth it." -Inscription on a small papyrus laying near the body of Imperial soldier, with his back at a tree.

Satellite

General Alexander arrived with 27,000 Imperial soldiers. The battle is close to an end. The Georgian General is close to losing his major defense line.
PXyYRXf.png

AZE1Diw.png

In the north, Novgorod is preparing a major assault of Nizhny-Novgorod's besieged provinces.
e94ciMI.png

The 1st and 2nd South Armies will continue to rout all the enemy troops until they completely surrender, afterwards linking with the main northern assault.
dXhhEHs.png

Zubtsov's 10,000 army is attacking Tver when the Novgorodian main army stopped its march south and started heading north, most likely to crush the Finnish 10,000 men assault. The Finns are virtually defenseless against such numbers.

General Grigore of the 2nd North Army decides to start pursuing the enemy's main force in parallel. He knows the disaster it would fall upon the Finns if they were to lose their only 10,000 army.
zt61hA6.png

8UZTQvg.png

SyFKFWJ.png

Soon after, our royal marriage with France is null. We will have to re-marry then!
lfthWts.png

8ps0805.png

Finally Circassia is ours!
JdEnuTX.png

The Georgian Army is retreating. Alexander is in pursuit.
H2IYteh.png

Back north, our north-eastern invasion splits into two, to cover more ground seeing as the Novgorodian Army is south.
2SM492w.png

We fight Nizhny-Novgorod's last regiments.
xfLdUtR.png

KPdbwTC.png

And then the enemy's main force has stopped advancing north-west towards the Finns and started its initial plan of attacking our besieging troops in Nizhny-Novgorod.
HCblFPi.png

Far north, the rebellious forces are defeated and the region will soon be under our control.
hgG2dh8.png

Down south, in Georgia, Alexander notices another 26,000 strong Georgian Army just waiting to ambush our forces. Good thing our scouts discovered it in time or else we would be facing a major disaster and even lose the entire southern front. We reinforce the main assault.
BwdgSie.png

Damn! Boris and his strong Novgorodian army has caught up with 7,000 of our troops and they almost killed them off!
u3dMyI2.png

Reinforcements are dispatched but they will not reach in time.
However, Nizhny's last strong army is destroyed.
sHMaaf6.png

And Tver is now in enemy hands. We must re-asses this situation.
Jn2jYgH.png

Chapter 4, Sub-chapter 3: Darkness of the Seas

Admiral Ipsilanti's Trade Fleet arrived in the Black Sea as per orders of the King's War Advisor.
"Admiral! Georgian Fleet at Starboard!" Crow's Nest' Lookout yells at the admiral.
"Maurice! Turn 90° degrees right!"
"Aye Admiral!"

The Imperial Trade Fleet catches up to the Georgians and starts attacking.
nFa6PZI.png

Current War Map:
L5XmuZ5.png

In the South, the Georgians started attacking with their 27,000 ambush army.
1ozwzFf.png

And in the north, every soldier close to the Novgorodian Main Force is being redirected to attack the enemy army.
8cSIXsH.png

However, it proves fruitless. The Novgorodians have decimated the attacking force.
BsDcx4g.png

St27U0Q.png

But more reinforcements have been dispatched.
Z1PajPx.png

This may very well inflict heavy casualties on the enemy army.
Z1PajPx.png

y54mqHS.png

qSjekqE.png

Amongst all our war reports, news on the Magyars arrives. They are experiencing a religious disorder.
yYilIwv.png

Current Northern Front:
q9WeN5H.png

In Georgia, we have surrounded their ambush army. Moving in to attack.
UDYYpGn.png

FK53rKk.png

Our first siege is won! More to come, most surely!
2LQ7hAi.png

We firmly defeat the Georgian army.
pETGsaq.png

Personal Note: Found out in the mod files that I require Innovative ideas (as eastern tech) to get the exploration ideas. For the naval ideas requirements only work for byzantine tech or western tech. So I have to get the Innovative ideas and wait for year 1600.

Nice AAR! It's great to see the first ( I think?) VeF AAR. I'll follow it for sure! :)

Oh God, I almost completely forgot about this AAR. Sorry guys! But I must postpone it indefinitely. I have too much on my plate right now.

Excellent work...thanks for what you've done so far.

I also posted on reddit but I want to male sure you see the message.

Hey Darknotez. I am a member of the VeF team, which also happens to be a Romanian. I am in charge of graphics, music and testing. We are a total of two Romanians on the team and a few testers that are not official members. I am very proud of your achievements in the mod and I hope you keep on playing it for months or years to come.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to ask. I cannot promise that we will implement each and every thing, as we have a huge backlog of work that needs to be done, however I can promise that every suggestion is properly considered and discussed with the team.

In honor of your wonderful work on the AAR, I would like to present you with the future plans for Romania in the mod and honorary flags you can use for your great empire. I cannot promise you will like the province changes, but they are for the best, I guarantee it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgt66xkj697awpm/moldavia-overlay.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/in1wrkfabaykr8c/transylvania-overlay.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1ifk7vko15u7iy/VeF provinces.xls

Your flags (5 choices): https://www.dropbox.com/s/unhqmcvijxxqvzo/romanian_empire.zip

Seeing as this AAR is based on a very old and buggy(dev) version of the mod, I have decided to start a new AAR (With Wallachia?) in the coming future as soon as I have free time from my exams and what not.

I am thoroughly sorry for the viewers that were enjoying this AAR. But after reviewing my game, apparently I only have access to 6 or 8 ideas whereas the mod has 10? idea slots.

At the very least, you get to see a small country grow from the beginning.

Thanks for reading my short AAR. It was a pleasure!

Also, thanks Satyr, I will use those flags in the future when Wallachia grows strong! (or is stumped by the Mongols. Oh well!)

You will have access to more ideas once you unlock basic ideas.

I ment idea slots. As in those things that you scroll down , not the options of ideas (as in Exploration, Army Ideas, etc), and you can select in total 10 ideas slots (or 12? did not count).

In this bugged version, I have the default game number of idea slots.