• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I still consider Ubbe to have accomplished great things, it just appears that his brothers, and his son, managed to outshine him in the end. The timing of his death probably didn't help either.

Ubbe can at least be credited for laying the groundwork for Hæsteinn's massive success. That would have been a lot harder if the Christians hadn't already been beaten down beforehand.

A well-crafted story and nicely woven into a time-limited scenario. It gave it a particular sense of urgency and focus. Enjoyed the epilogue too. I have very much enjoyed this and thank you for it. And a fond nod for writing something with a beginning, middle and end: a rare writing victory seen through! :)

Ubbe's tale ends with a whimper, but Hæsteinn accomplished more than any of Ubbe's brother or their descendants so that's at least comforting. I can't fault the narrator for affirming Ubbe is the Forgotten Fifth, but I loved this AAR. Looking forward to your next.

Heh, I didn't really expect that, but it's nice when something ties back to the title in such a way. Ubbe could only do so much to buck the threads of destiny... he couldn't even manage Philip of Macedon status :(.

But a well done AAR. Excellent work!