• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
looks like the cold war's started... but a lot more in the USSR's favor.

World War III continues to unfold in the Mid-East.

19450712sovsannexpersia.jpg

The Allies start putting up a fight in Iraq...

19450804resistanceinIraq.jpg

...but India is wide open.

19450804butIndialiesopen.jpg

August 8th, 1945 the American President, Franklin Delano Roosevelt dies. He had been President for twelve and a half years, taking America out of the Great Depression and into two World Wars.

19450805fdrdies.jpg

Continued Soviet advances:

19450820sovietsfurtherinindia.jpg

19450904iraq.jpg

September 28 - first Soviet troops reach the Chinese border via India.

19450928sovsreachchineseborder.jpg

The Chinese continue to move forces to the border regions and establish forward supply depots. Maps are consulted and plans drawn up for land advances into Soviet territory and amphibious operations in the Soviet Far East. The high command marks its tripwires in secret - if the Russians look to push past Suez or Delhi, China will be at war again. Chinese Intelligence also begins making arrangements for other operations...

19451020delhiorsuez.jpg

19451101pushawayfromdelhi.jpg

19451201frontlines.jpg

The decision was made, the die was cast. Come the new year, China would cast its weight against the Soviet Union.

The situation 01 01 1946:

19460101india.jpg

The first shot in this new expansion of the war was not made on the borders, or even in the air, the impersonal war of bombers and artillery. The first blow was much more personal in nature.

19460101happynewyear.jpg

Alas, the attempt failed. Many more attempts would be made in the weeks to come, some by poison, some by gunfire, some by bombs. There was even an attempt by one of Stalin's bodyguards armed with an ice pick, attempting to recreate Trotsky's demise. But Stalin was a survivor. Nonetheless, the attacks at least partially served their purpose, making the Soviet leader even more paranoid and limiting his effectiveness at a critical time.

19460101war.jpg

19460101warplans.jpg

To further motivate the people for the conflict, the KMT announced a series of long-planned reforms. When the war was over, China could finally move on to the final stage of the revolution: democracy.

19460112chinareforms1.jpg

19460112reforms2.jpg

State of the war in the beginning of February 1946:

19460201asia.jpg

The Americans had landed in Poland, and were quickly overrunning the country. The most invaded place on Earth was seeing another round.

19460209polandberlin.jpg

Poland fell, and Mongolia soon followed.

19460209usapoland.jpg

19460219mongolia.jpg

The war in March:

German troops abandon France and Italy to rush back to Germany -

19460301germansabandonfranceitalyto.jpg

19460301part1.jpg

19460301part2.jpg

19460301part3.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone! :cool:

Funkatronica said:
wow what kind of numbers do you have fighting?

is there no soviet armour?

The initial clumps were around 20 divisions, with more concentrated in the far east at Vlad. After initial attacks they've spread out more and some forces have SR'd from the far east to the central asian front.

There is Soviet Armor, and general resistance, but their big stacks are in the ME up against big UK stacks. They are dealing with keeping forces up against those, and responding to my attacks along thousands of miles of front AND the US invasion in eastern Europe. They've got their hands full. The Red Army is also so massive that they're having supply problems, a lot of the time I'm fighting them they're out of supply, and an extra -20% combat penalty hurts.

Right now a lot of their stuff has been spread out and requires travel time to get to the fronts, but once they get more organized and the front lines shorten should get a lot tougher. If they can keep the US contained and maintain a front in Iraq/Persia and hold in the rough terrain of the Urals it could turn into a long grind.

Or they could just collapse. :p

Avenge... well, okay, most of the foreign disasters of the 19th century were conducted by the British & Japanese, but avenge them anyway!

Im suprised the American landing in Poland was so successful! They look like they are stalling though. I hate how the Soviets are always crushed in the end due to supply and technology problems. :(

Well poop.

My recent save games seem to corrupted. Something about 'illegal mountain 4' or somesuch. :( Found a January save file that worked, replayed a few months, but same thing happening now with those saves. I really don't want to try going back even further and starting WWIII all over again.

So I'm going to put The Five Elements to rest. I believe we would have won in the end. The Sovs were putting up counterattacks against me and in Poland, but overall they were on the defensive. A lot of their units were showing up as understrength, but I don't know if it was due to actual manpower shortages or just being unable to devote much IC to reinforcements. I wasn't planning to try to go all the way to Moscow/Leningrad myself, was just wanting to get the Urals/Central Asia and draw off enough Sov troops for the US to bust through. Break up the USSR and form Kazakhstan, Siberia, etc. Then hopefully a nice quiet game watching the colonial empires collapse. :D

Maybe down the road my frustration will have subsided and I'll reboot an even earlier save and try again. If it works, I'll post the results here in TFE. Thanks a ton to all the readers and commentators, knowing folks were reading it and interested was a definite treat. :)

But stay tuned! Even though this story is going on indefinite hiatus, keep an eye out for Khan of All the Russias, an All the Russias mod Mongolian AAR!

Damn, what is it what bad save and corrupted files, that has never happened once in the entire 4 years I have been.....knock on wood...computer gods please forgive the arrogance of this, your most humble servant.

Sorry to hear this. After going over your last update. I was really excited about the Americans in Poland. First time I have seen the allies go that route. Also, your inroads into the Soviet Union were looking very promising.

Hope you get the problem worked out.