• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(286778)

Banned
8 Badges
Mar 18, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
The Fight for Freedom - An American AAR

5aj5uv.jpg

30ijm69.jpg

Version: DH Full 1.01
Scenario: The Road to Another War (36)
Settings:

2zisqvo.jpg

Rules:
1. No rage quiting I'll fight till the end
2. No cheats at all
3. I might load up as another country to make things more interesting
4. I'll upload videos and pictures other than screenshots from the game
5. Thats all I can think of so if I remember any more I'll edit the rules

Index
Prologue
1. A New Beginning, a New World
2. Oh My America
3. Relations, Relations, Relations

Part I A Peaceful Earth Is Shaken
1. Home Sweet Home

Well as you can see this is a AAR about the United States of America and it is also my first AAR so don't expect some amazing masterpiece. From time to time I'll add videos and propaganda, but the videos will only be music from WWII or the beginning of the cold war. I will admit that I did kinda copy walrus's intro but thats it. I'll update either today or tomorrow, so while I'm baking up my prologue please reply, I need the motivation.

Last edited:
A New Beginning, a New World

2py1hg3.jpg

A newspaper article about the crash

At the end of the Great War the United States had decided to go back to isolationism and roll in its profits that it had gained during the war. After the conflict between the Triple Entente and the Central Powers had ended the United States went through an era called the Roaring Twenties where stock market prices were rising, but on September 4, 1929 the stock market crashed and was known as Black Tuesday, this started the Great Depression.

2ymxhts.jpg

President Herbert Hoover

Herbert Hoover was elected 31st president on March 4, 1929 a few months before the ensuing Stock Market Crash, he tried to deal with the Great Depression with volunteer efforts but they hardly helped turn the economy back around.

69hx08.gif

President Franklin Delano Roosevelt

On November 8th, 1932 Franklin Delano Roosevelt was elected president since voters were losing faith that Hoover could bring the economy back to normal. Franklin issued a program named the New Deal which congress had passed. More programs were setup over the years. Finally it seemed everything was a little bit better and soon enough it was 1936.

4sb39l.jpg

Mussolini and Hitler together, the swastika has been censored

During the 30's every country was effected by the Depression, but Germany and Italy started to rise out of the debt as new leaders also arisen. Tensions between the Allies and the Fascist States started to grow and become more belligerent.

Thanks! :)

Okay heres the update, sorry it took so long I just woke up at 6:42 PM.

Oh My America

312hgur.jpg

Screwed up USA in 1936, you can even see the dissent is high because of the economic problems

Well here is the US of A and things have to change before we can start the long road. During peace I'm just going to pay attention to other crisis's throughout the world to make it more interesting. But that doesn't mean that I'm not going to focus on my country.

14iee4g.jpg

Our current leaders and slider position

Right now the leaders are fine, but the sliders are not, as you can see we are very isolationist, and peaceful, we also cannot change our sliders in the beginning. We got a long way to go, very long, but lets check out the economy.

fjp1g9.jpg
Production and our trades​

Production is very naval oriented but thats pretty much all we need since our only threats are in Europe and maybe Asia, I mean we're separated by two huge oceans so we would need a navy. We have a trade deal with Japan 50.0 oil and they're giving us 15.0 supplies which helps us both in the long run and energy is in the negatives but will change quickly.

This might be very boring right now but after the prologue things will change and hopefully be interesting. Thanks for reading.

Relations, Relations, Relations​

Its been a long time so relations must've changed between us and other countries. We're probably good friends with the Allies but what about the Comintern, and the Axis, or our North American neighbors, how about Asia? Wells lets have a look.

Europe

2nuj9dx.jpg
21nkqvk.png
5nvr6e.png
i6axyb.jpg
10yidmd.jpg
6ftnr6.jpg
2vil2zk.jpg
The major players in Europe​

The UK, and France love us while the Soviet Union, and Spain aren't to happy with us but its still good that they don't dislike us like Germany, and Italy do (have no idea what we did to Italy).

2gubgig.jpg
6qbfy1.jpg

Canada and Mexico happily bordering us

Our neighbors are fond of us which ensures that our borders are safe from attack.

Asia

2m2yzcy.jpg

Our little puppet the Philippines in the Pacific while in Asia the warlords are running amok

pr7s7.jpg
ouyt6s.jpg
Surprisingly we have better relations with Japan than China​

In Asia everything is normal except for the Chinese warlords. Japan doesn't hate us which is good since we really don't want a war right now, or do we? Naw we don't want a war, I mean we are dove lobby all the way.

Anyways thats the end of the prologue next update we'll start the game and writing style will probably be different.

A nice easy light style. Will follow.

Holy crap Milities!

It depends who's easier to strike, but yeah I know relations aren't going to matter in the long run I just thought it would be nice to check up on who hates, dislikes, or can tolerate me.

Kay, sorry guys I still need to edit some stuff.

Jeez this took very long but most of the time I was watching TV while writing this. Enjoy!

Home Sweet Home

As everybody in the house was sleeping mother was preparing breakfast, the boys and father awoke to the smell of food and started to get dressed. The children ran into the kitchen where their plates and bowls were ready. As they were eating the father had came in and turned on the radio to see what was going on in the world.

Radio: Hello ladies and gentlemen my name is Johnnie Mapletrow and uh, this is my radio show. I will mostly talk about events happening in the world and in our own country the free and the proud United States of America. Well, uh, since I've already introduced myself um, lets get started. It looks like another program was passed to uh, help out the country, i-its supposed to allow more building of roads, and uh, industrial factories.

mbjrsg.jpg
Also have some convoy transports in there​

Radio: The science guys are also finding out ways to make farming easier for you uh, farmers out there.

27xlb4i.jpg
Yeah there's more but this stuff is secret to the public​

"Well thats good I suppose," said the father.
"Right," said mother agreeably.

Radio: Well anyways some strange events are going on in Europe though uh, it seems Germany marched their soldiers into the um, de-militarized Rhine which uh, didn't make the Brits and French too happy.

mw5ohk.jpg
Germans re-militarizing the Rhineland​

Radio: Some planes are ordered to re-base in DC to regroup, I um, hope they're doing well and having fun in DC, cause I know I would.

24bt1dc.jpg
I re-base them there so I can split them up and put them into one separate air force of bombers and interceptors​

Radio: The science guys made a speech of a new kind of uh, arrownawtic? Well however you say it they're trying some tests on it.

34fihcm.jpg
A discovery of rockets​

Radio: Gosh I have no idea when it comes to scienc-

The father turned off the radio.
"Well boys I've got to go, see you at dawn."
The children knew that father always worked late and always came home after the boys had fell asleep. The only time they saw him was in the morning. Before he left he gave his youngins a big hug and the mother a bigger kiss and left. The oldest, Thomas who was 13 decided to help out his mother in the kitchen while the other four went outside to play.
"Ma, how come pa has to work late?"
"Well Thomas, who do you think has to pay for the house, and the food and, for your clothing? The country ain't doing so good and we're barely able to support you kids and this house."
"Oh," whispered Thomas.
"Well may you excuse me Ma? I wanna listen to the radio in my room."
"Well I suppose so son."
Thomas took the radio into his room and jumped on his bed listening to music, and Johnnie Mapletrow's Radio Show for the rest of the day until his mother wanted the radio.

As mother was taking care of some more work she stopped to hear what Johnnie was saying.

Radio: Hello ladies and gentlemen uh, I just want to say that George Henry Dern has um, died today, let us all be silent for this man......

5aqnmw.jpg

Death of a good minister

Radio: Okay well this has been great and uh, I will be back on tomorrow. Goodbye and thanks for listening to my radio show.

Mother was saddened about the death but shook it off. She then got the boys into bed and awaited father's return.

----
Well end of this update, thanks for reading. Oh and like I said the style would be different.

Last edited:
got a dead picture pretending to be a dead minister there bub.

Sorry been gone for a lil. Can't change it till I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.