• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To everyone who reads this:
The game is looking more and more like a stalemate.
Maybe the Soviets could take Berlin...in 1948!
All 3 sides are very equal and I simply can't turn the tide as Belgium,
so I will write 3-4 short conclusive updates (EDIT: turned out to be 2 and not so short, lol)
and then call the AAR completed once and for all.

Last edited:
Battle of Voru: Belgium's last finest hour

From the diaries of Raoul van Overstraeten, Chief of the Belgian Army (1940-1945):

254.jpg

255.jpg

Gulbene, german occupied USSR, 30th August 1944,
"When Liebricths and Michez arrived in Podgorica to help the bulgarians,
General Boydev just said: "Thanks for coming but we already took care of them."
and they were sent back home.
This was outrageous.
I remember clearly: Degrelle was mad as hell, Victor was kicking everything, (even walls) and the king was sleeping.
We should never have let Degrelle took power.
At the beginning it seemed good, but now..."

256.jpg

Gulbene, german occupied USSR, 2nd September 1944
"Yesterday we saw a golden oppurtunity...to encircle Voru.
Only 1 Arm and 1 Mot division stood in our way.
I talked to Chardonne and he agreed, Drubbel was called to assist us in case things go wrong."

256.jpg

Gulbene, german occupied USSR, 5th September 1944
"We changed the plan: We sent Drubbel forward.
The 2 divisions returned but the germans are here to help."

258.jpg

259.jpg

Gulbene, german occupied USSR, 8th September 1944
"Drubbel was driven back by the soviets, but that was expected,
his patetic cavalry was good just for Horseburgers.
Later Chardonne launched a probing attack but the soviets were too many for us.
However, more and more germans are pouring into Pskov...and pushed back.
But this small battles must have an impact on the encircled troops in Voru..."

261.jpg

262.jpg

Gulbene, german occupied USSR, 11th September 1944
"I was right! Horray! The soviets in Voru were tired from the battles and surrendered to us even if we were outnumbered 2:1.
This will boost Belgium's prestige everywhere."

~end of update~

Last edited:
You could defeat the rus by taking over the Wehrmacht.

yes I could, but I got the HOI3 demo yesterday so I'm going to write the last update in about an hour and complete this AAR once and for all.

Peace with honour

"The war is over!"
"Armistice with Germany"
"The european axis surrenders, Japan keeps fighting!"
"The soviets refuse to negotiate peace!"
"The treacherous germans have let us down. Banzai!"
"Degrelle is overthrown and flees to Spain with Ouwerx, Lob and Lambricths"
"A new government in Belgium,
Generals Stryndonck de Burkel and van Overstraeten take power until elections can be held"

-News headlines all over the world, 24-30th April 1945

On the 24th of April 1945 an armistice was signed between the allies and european axis.
Why?
Because Japan was growing stronger and stronger,

280.jpg

281.jpg

The British lost the jewel of the crown and the USA couldn't fight japan alone.
The allies also saw that the european fronts became stalemates and that the axis couldn't be broken soon.
The british were so desperate that they tried to coup germany:
276.jpg

With Hitler dead, the allies didn't have a good reason to fight anymore.
So they decided to stop the bloodshed. A peace conference was to be held in Ghent, these are the peace terms:

Peace terms (defined at the Ghent peace conference, 5th May 1945)
- Belgium will renounce on Congo and the French occupied territories,
but it will be allowed to keep Amsterdam + all the pre-war conquered territory.
- All the axis country will have to give up all former Yugoslav territory: a new Yugoslavian state will be created,
ruled by Josip Broz-Tito until elections can be held.
- Hungary will keep Slovakia but will also have to return Translyvania to Romania
- Germany will return all French occupied territory except for Alsace-Lorraine which will remain under german control.
- Germany will end the occupation of Norway but keep Denmark.
- Germany & Belgium will have to pay (small) reparations to UK, France, Yugoslavia and Norway.
- Nazi and Fascist elements in all countries will have to be turned to the allied high command.

On this conditions, the state of war between the Allies and the European Axis will cease to exist.
Signed,
Winston Churchill

279.jpg

(UK and France shared belgian Congo)

The european axis agreed to these terms, they were reasonable afterall and the USSR wasn't willing to negotiate yet.
The last peace terms triggered an exodus: all the big Nazi-Fascist leaders who were not dead yet were fleeing into Spain and Italy.
About 10% of them made it.

Stalin was MAD! He cut all ties with the allies and continued the war against germany&co...
until september 1945, when his precious spy Richard Sorge told him that the Japanese were planning to avenge the defeat at Khalkin Ghol: they would attack in summer 1946.
Stalin immediatly signed an armistice with germany and peace negotiations were held in Helsinki.
Peace terms: (defined at the Helsinki peace conference, 22 September 1945)
- Finland would regain the territories lost in the Winter War
- A new polish state will be created as a buffer state(same as pre-war with the exception of Danzig being German)
- The USSR will have to return Bessarabia to Romania
- Germany and USSR will sign a Non Agression Pact

On this conditions, the state of war between the Comintern and the European Axis will cease to exist.
Signed,
General/Chancellor Ludwig Beck

Stalin accepted the terms, now he had bigger problems.
The Japanese were a much bigger threat.

The Japanese were fully defeated only when the americans dropped 2 nuclear bombs in 1947. China surrendered shortly after.

With that, WW2 was finally over.

~end of AAR~

I finally completed this AAR, I achieved 14,429 and counting wiews.
My next AAR will be with HOI3, next summer, ofc.
This AAR was started the 05.07.2008 and ended 05.08.2009...precisely 13 months

Last edited:
I have just caught up reading... It was a very good read and quite a novel idea, although I have to say your Belgian leaders are not that good at using "synchronize arrival". ;)

It's a shame you decided to pull the emergency break with such a lame peace in the east. Never would the Germans have allowed Poland to get back the corridor! Why didn't you make it so that Germany gets its 1914 borders back and Poland be established with all cores but those in the west? I mean the axis was winning! :(

I have just caught up reading... It was a very good read and quite a novel idea, although I have to say your Belgian leaders are not that good at using "synchronize arrival". ;)

my belgian leaders made many mistakes in the 2008 part, I should have executed them, grumble :)D)
(I was still noobish then)

It's a shame you decided to pull the emergency break with such a lame peace in the east. Never would the Germans have allowed Poland to get back the corridor! Why didn't you make it so that Germany gets its 1914 borders back and Poland be established with all cores but those in the west? I mean the axis was winning! :(

Reasons why i did it:
- the game was lagging horribly
- stalemates on every front
- HoI3 was about to come out
- we were doing work at home so i wasn't able to use the PC at all
(from 9.8 to today)

and i think the peace was fair, given that the austrian painter was dead and that the axis wasn't winning (read: stalemate)
I'm firmly convinced that by 1947 Berlin would be in Soviet hands.

btw, thanks for the nice words

Edit: oh, and:
Peace terms: (defined at the Helsinki peace conference, 22 September 1945)
- A new polish state will be created as a buffer state(same as pre-war with the exception of Danzig being German)
the germans keeped the corridor