• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Fourth Reich
[#4 - Fire]

Ramkam: Look at this. Such a basic thing. (Igniting a fire)
You ignite it by a reaction. These two stones. A spark. The right environment allows it to survive its ignation. Now it burns.
Now, you need to be careful to it in its early stages, or else it will die before it could do enough.
But, no matter how much attention you give it, it will anyways start to fade.
Cordelia: Then you give it more wood.
Ramkam. You give it reasons, hope, ambition. The fire will absorb them all and live longer.
But you give it too much of these, and it will become too strong. So strong that it can start to destroy the very thing that made it. The perfect fire is the one that it is perfectly balanced.
Now, use your psionic powers on it.
*Cordelia uses her power on the fire, and noticed that she can control it*
Ramkam: Your psionic ablities are the greatest gift from nature. Those powers are one of the many links you have with the Universe.
You can control this fire. You can control the nature. You can control life. Can you control yourself?

The DLC is out and now I'm starting the work on recreating the galaxy and the context of the old save! Keep in mind that the next update will take place during the Dragon attack on the Castrum. This is where the story remained before I added those little fillers.

It took me some hours, but I managed to finish mapping the stars. For the ones who wants to know how to do it, I started the game with my forced empires, and I used the "mature_galaxy" cheat to simulate 100 years of the game. Once that was accomplished, I started changing the borders by using the "play x", "own", "populate" and "kill_pop x" cheats. Unfortunately, there is no cheat to eliminate all the pops from a planet, so you have to do it manually for each one of them. (Need to use debugtooltips to see the id of the pop). After that I started replacing the species portraits for the fallen empires so they would be like the the original ones (I couldn't bring the original ones but I kept restarting the game until I got the right ehtos fallen empires). After that I started creating the Castrum, gave some balancing to the game by giving some people Habitats or other megastructures. I ended the work by creating the diplomatic situation as it was in the last game. Created the Council of 5 and the defensive pacts of the other empires.
The map ain't exactly as before unfortunately, but it is as close to it as possible. I couldn't give anyone the star systems that were unclaimed, because I had to use "own" cheat on the stations to give the systems to the empires. The Arthell were the most affected by that, but they got the planets of a fallen empire, and I expect them to take these unclaimed territories fast.
I will have to do some more balancing, and I will start working on the update.
https://imgur.com/a/jv83T

Chapter XVIII:
The Xha'Till Rebellion

Cabeacna's Capture

*Meanwhile, in the Castrum Command Center*

Ranoi Cnc: It's just one Dragon! I think he is the leader. Commander, tell the fleet to engage with caution. If possible, try to capture him.
Asterian Cnc: So the Dragons are indeed capable of incredible long range FTL. No reports from all the way the Acturian space to here ... incredible.
Arcturian Cnc: Archean, we will need your ships too.
Archean: They are under your command.

Hb6UoVJ.jpg

ok08Aly.jpg

kmzttTO.jpg

Fo0nvNY.jpg

Arcturian Admiral: Councillor, the Dragon ceased the offensive operation. He looks unconscious. Do we proceed with capture?!
Paradissian Cnc: His brethren could jump right into our fleet. It looks like a trap. I advise to kill the Dragon immediately.
Archean: No! I've already called the fleets from the Archean space. They will arrive at any moment now. If anymore Dragons show up, the will be slaughtered. Give the order to capture him.
Arcturian Cnc: Proceed with the capture. Transmission over.

dYsznXG.jpg

Cabeacna was put into a huge prison sphere and dragged into the Castrum. No reinforcements appeared.

Archean: Wake up.
Cabeacna slowly awakes from the faint..
Cabeacna: FOOLS!
Human Cnc: Look at that ... Oh God.
Cabeacna: ARCHEAN! DESTROY THE VIRUS! AT ONCE!
Archean: You've attacked the Castrum, alone, during one of the biggest ceremonies of the galaxy, when everyone brings ships here.
Cabeacna: AGHHH! I SMELL A XARDASIAN!
Archean: You almost destroyed the Xardasian Empire together with your brothers. Where are they?!
Cabeacna: THE NEPHARIANS ARE HERE, YOU FOOLS!
Archean: ... What? ...
Cabeacna: THEY CONTACTED ME! THEY SENT A VIRUS THROUGH THE TRANSMISSION!
Archean: They contacted us too. What virus are you talking about?! It's affecting you?!
Cabeacna: MY MINIONS! THE XHA'TILL NO LONGER OBEY ME! THE NEPHARIANS ARE HERE!
Archean: How is this linked to your intrusion here?!
Cabeacna: MY MINIONS TRACKED THE SIGNAL OF THE TRANSMISSION BEFORE THEY GOT VIRUSED! IT CAME FROM HERE!
Archean: Councillors, shut down the station. IMMEDIATELY!
Asterian Cnc: What?! We can't shut down everything! The life support will go down too! The Dragon will be liberated!
Archean: ARE THE NAZARANS OUT OF THE STATION?!
Ranoi Cnc: They left right before the battle.
Archean: We had our doubts. Turns out it is true.
Cabeacna: WE ARE STAYING ON THE NEPHARIANS' EYE OF THE GALAXY! THEY SEE US! THE NAZARANS ABANDONED THE STATION WHEN THEY FOUND THAT OUT! YOU FOOLS TOOK IT INSTEAD OF DESTROYING IT!
Archean: And they didn't tell anyone...

The Castrum goes dark. The power is down.

Inside the Star

Cabeacna: MY BROTHERS BETRAYED ME! THE NEPHARIANS SCARED THEM OFF! MY MINIONS HAVE GONE ROGUE! MY BROTHERS SAW THIS AS TOO MUCH! THEY ARE INTO HIDING AGAIN!
Paradissian Cnc: How did you manage to control the Xha'Till anyway?
Cabeacna: I'VE CREATED THEM!
Paradissian Cnc: Wait .. The Xha turned to robotic gear after their Star turned against them. They thought that the robotic attachments would save them from diseases and death. Only that this gear turned on them, and thus the creation of the Xha'Till...
Cabeacna: I'M RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CLIMATE CHANGES! I GAVE THE XHA THE MEANS TO CREATE THE ATTACHMENTS!
Paradissian Cnc: Of course ... it makes sense.
Archean: It might already be too late, but the Xha'Till needs to be destroyed. And if we manage this, you will stabilize their star and we will bring some of the Xha from the Perseve to repopulate. Your evil can still be undone, Cabeacna.
Cabeacna: THE NEPHARIANS
Archean: Their arrival is inevitable now. When they will arrive, we need you and your brothers at your side. And so do we need the Xardasians. What happened in the past must remain in the past.
Cabeacna: ALTHOUGH NOT COMPLETELY ACCOMPLISHED! WE GOT OUR REVENGE! IF IT WOULDN'T BE FOR THE NEPHARIANS, I WOULD'VE COMPLETELY DESTROYED THE LAST REMNANTS OF THEM!
Xardasian: ENOUGH, DRAGON! Too many have died for this childish act! All of these ships could have been used against the Xha'Till or the Nepharians!
Cabeacna: YOU STILL HAVE THE SMELL OF MURDER AROUND YOU!

Archean: Our scientists have scanned the Castrum. Nothing in particular was found.... Of course it isn't on the Castrum. If it would have been here, the Nazarans would have found it and removed it themselves ....
Asterian Cnc: But?
Archean: The Nepharian device is inside the star. That's why the Nazarans had to abandon the ringworld..
Cabeacna: I CAN DRAIN THE POWER OF THE STAR AND GIVE YOU ENOUGH TIME TO DESTROY THE DEVICE!
Archean: Councillors, assembly every excavation team you've got. Tell them this isn't any regular mission.
Paradissian Cnc: Once the Dragon drains the star, we will fire an excavation laser into it. We should be able to destroy the device with it.

*The operation was carried successfully. Cabeacna stabilized the power of the star once again, and with the Nepharian device destroyed, there is no more Nepharian spying into the Galaxy.*

Archean: The device had a link with the Castrum. The Nepharians were communicating with the device, and the device with the Castrum. Very ingenious.
Xardasian: So now they supposedly lost any kind of contact with our galaxy. So how are they supposed to control the Xha'Till now?
Archean: The Nepharian policy was always against murder. The Xha'Till virus must have been supervised by them .. but now without that...
Cabeacna: THEY WILL GAIN THEIR OWN CONSCIOUSNESS!

*The power goes online on the Castrum and the GNN (Galactic News Network) is being heard on the TV's*

"The Castrum lost all contact with the rest of the Galaxy after it was reported that the Dragon that attacked during the finals of the Castrum Racing Tournament, was being brought into the station! Billions of citizens of the Galaxy are being there for the CRT! We will keep you updated on the situation!
In other news, the Rhonians claimed that they are now under attack by the Xanderi! With the loss of their most trustworthy friend, the Xardasians, which were brought to almost total annihilation by the Dragons, the Rhonians are being attacked from all the directions! The Xha'Till are also spotted on the borders!

...We interrupt these news ... The Castrum is back online! After, what might have been one of the most ambitious operations in the last century! The imprisoned Dragon cooperated with the Council Races to destroy a supposedly ancient device from inside the Castrum's star! We are trying to gather more information about the sitation!

NzWYja2.jpg

I lost track of this AAR for a while but now I've caught up again! Great story and good work with the recreation. The story gives off a real sense of urgency and panic now with the threat of the Xanderi, Xha'Till and above all the Nepharians of course. Looking forward to where this is going.

I lost track of this AAR for a while but now I've caught up again! Great story and good work with the recreation. The story gives off a real sense of urgency and panic now with the threat of the Xanderi, Xha'Till and above all the Nepharians of course. Looking forward to where this is going.
Thank you for the kind words! I've been planning to continue it strongly after the release of the new patch, but I failed to predict how unfortunate the release would come to be. I was under constant fever for some days anyways, but now I've gotten better and I am looking forward for the developers to fix the problems with the patch. Hopefully I won't have to remake the whole galaxy again.

Thank you for the kind words! I've been planning to continue it strongly after the release of the new patch, but I failed to predict how unfortunate the release would come to be. I was under constant fever for some days anyways, but now I've gotten better and I am looking forward for the developers to fix the problems with the patch. Hopefully I won't have to remake the whole galaxy again.

I've heard about it. Having to redo everything would indeed be...unfortunate