• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, the price of fame! :D Denmark AND Brest! Oh, too bad!

Glad to see you're keeping on with this. I particularly liked the line about 'ruling the way I want to, naked and drunk!'

That's the kind of absolute monarch we can all appreciate... from a suitable distance, of course!

I can't help but notice that Austria is both attacking and supporting the turks.....

Spring 1904

After the fiasco of my generals last year, I'm proud of myself to be on time so I won't miss my orders. Maybe I should erect a national monument to commemorate this event. Or maybe a national holiday would be more suitable? What about "The national holiday of Mr. Black to remember his incredible bravery and determination when he went to work on time, the day of April 15th, 1904". Yeah, that sounds good. Sometimes, I happen to look at the mirror and thinking how it would be outstanding to live in the body who is reflected... before I realize that I'm speaking of myself, which makes me happier. Maybe I should ask one of my counsellor if it would be worth it to create a holiday everytimes I find myself outstanding?

COUNSELLOR!

[...]

COUNSELLOR!!...... COUNSELLOR!!!!! :mad:
Where is that damned counsellor!!
Crier : I THINK THEY DECIDED TO STOP WORKING FOR YOU!
WHAT?!! HOW DARE THEY!?
By the way, even if you are a crier, you are not obligated to shout all the time when you are required to talk.
Crier : SoRRy, I am NOt usED to HOLD my voICE to A loWER TONE!
Crier : AND to ANSwer YouR QueSTIon, I ThINk TheY DO NOT apprECIaTE the WAY you tReAT THeM!
What! What way!?
Crier : Unjustified Human SacrifiCE isn't very well seen nowadays in the populaTION!
Which unjustified sacrifices!! I don't remember any of them!! All this is pure lies to try to overthrow my reign!!
Crier : I'm sorry Mister, but :
Mr. Black : WHAT!?! You dare oppose me in my attempt to extand our EMPIRE! I should burn you at the town center for such senseless actions... actually, I don't see anything that can prevent me to do so. GUARDS, take him!
you started really bad #4, when you contradicted me in such an absurd way. I'm afraid you should take an hasty retirement. Well, retirement is a pretty big word, let cut it to 5, "death" and we immdiately find it more aesthetic, isn't it?
And I would like to tell you that you could have easily stayed quiet and therefore lived a little longer. Mr. Black receives help from nobody!
You just arrived and you already have bad habits of insulting the Emperor!? GUARDS, TAKE HIM... AND #6 TOO... I don't like his colour.

But.... I.....

All right... All right... maybe I actually was a little unfair to some of my counsellors... but I'm certain that I wasn't personnaly responsible of their deaths!
Crier : Again, I'm sorry to contradict yourself, but I think you have a short memory. For every counsellors you had (which they are all dead) you executed all of them on the public place in front of hundreds of people... and you explicitly asked to be their executioner.
When we can't even have any fun...
But, I still need a counsellor to know if I must create a national holiday every times I find myself outstanding, nobody here can help me??

*toc* *toc* *toc* (for those who wonder... this is the sound of a walking stick hitting the floor)

a045.gif
: The end is near! The end is near!

What are you doing here old man? You should know that it is [...] WHAT!! THE END IS NEAR!!? NOOOoooooo....!
a045.gif
: We're all going to die! We're all going to die!!

Oh shit... me who thought I would have the time to go hunting this afternoon... I believe it would be impossible. :(
a045.gif
: There is a way! There is a way!

A way to save us!! Go on talk!
a045.gif
: Answer, and you will know...
When you are claimed
Or when you are offered an oar
Closed would be your door
And to the water you are headed

[Some minutes]

[Some hours]

[Some days]

OH! I understood...:cool: but to make sure that my generals are competent enough, I will send them the riddle, and not the answer...:eek:o

I need a pensi[...] oh, yeah, my slav,... counsellors are deserters, I must serve myself.

MAILMAN! I HAVE LETTERS TO SEND!

[Some months]

Last edited:
Fiftypence said:
It seems that Mr. Black's eagerness to kill his counsellors has come back to haunt him. :rofl:

Wait untill you see the next episode, THEN you will be able to comment what is hunting him! :D

Enjoyable! But can someone please tell me how you can attack and support the same nation?

Ph33r him

Very amusing man. I am not sure I entirely agree turning on Germany, but its very fun to read about.

Lord Boreal said:
Enjoyable! But can someone please tell me how you can attack and support the same nation?

Err...backstab? :D

These supports and attacks aren't necessarily done in the same turn, so it is possible that two country are in war together and then realize that they must support themselves against a mightier opponent.

Or they can also have an agreement, like country A can take a region of Country B, and in return B must support A.

Or, like I said earlier, A and B have an agreement to support each other, but B backstab A and then he attacks instead of giving support.

As you can see, there is plenty of possibilities, but since I don't know which one you refer to, I can't really tell.

And by the way, thank you Mettermrck to change the thread title as requested!

Summer 1904

Crier : Mister, I think you should check today's newspaper... Your generals don't seem to like your way to treat them.

What? What do you mean?

*Grab the newspaper*

*CRITICAL NEWS!*
We just got a letter from all the generals of our Empire stating how displeased they are by the way our leader treats them. This happens not long after the counsellors of Mr. Black went on strike, so the rumors of political tension inside the Empire is now confirmed.

Here is the letter :

To : Mr. Black

Dear Mister, we are sending you this letter to inform you that our jobs is not to solve riddle that you can't solve. Please, stop sending us such orders. The tension in our troups is building up and it's not your way of gouverning that will appease that.
PS. If you didn't solve it yet, the riddle meant to ignore every other country and to dominate the waters with you navy... my 6 years old boy found it.

How dare they insult me! Don't they know what is waiting for them? I beheaded more than one for less than this!
But with all this unrest, I now begin to fear for my health...

Crier : How, do you have cancer?
Me, I don't have cancer, I will never have, I'm against it. :mad: I was talking about these revolutionary groups that want my head.
Crier : Oh come on, this is nonsense, none of these groups exist... it's pure paranoia.
It's not because I'm paranoid that they're not all against me! :mad:
I know they are very near to achieve their coup d'état, I feel it. Old man, what do you think?
a045.gif
: The end has come! The end has come! Nothing can stop it!

How is this possible? I executed what you told me in the riddle!
a045.gif
: The riddle wanted an answer! An Answer! Not a transfer to someone else! You are damned! DAMNED! You didn't answer!

Oh... shit... since this is my end, can I at least know who is the revolutionary leader?
a045.gif
: The leader is ...
THE ANSWER OF THIS QUESTION AND MANY MORE IN THE NEXT EPISODE! :D

I do enjoy that old man in there Foller. He adds a touch of uniqueness I thinks

Fall 1904

a045.gif
: The leader is .... YOUR SON, MR. BLACK!

Mr. Black : NNNNOOOOOOOO, NOT MY SON!
Mr. Black : Yes, father, I am their leader!
Mr. Black : Oh.... well, good to see that the Empire will stay in the family, well... good luck!
Mr. Black : What? You're not angry that your own son overthrew you?
Mr. Black : Why would I? I was tired of this country anyway, I need a little change... Maybe I'll head toward Austria... or maybe Italy. I heard their governments are in difficulties.
Mr. Black : But how will you be able to take control of their state so fast? It took me 10 years before I could do it here!
Mr. Black : Because you don't know your father! :cool: Good bye!

[Some weeks]

*SPECIAL NEWS*​

It has been a few weeks that the Italian civial war started, and now it seems to come to an end.
The actual government will soon resign to the rebels. It is in these conditions that I will meet their leader, Mr. Black.

Tell us, Mr. Black, how you were able, in a few weeks, to mobilise an army to overthrow the government?

I would like to answer you... but it would be too long.
Can you at least give us a comment on you convictions and your plans once you get the power?
Ehh... there again I would like to help you, but I can't right now...
Even not a small one about your recent success to get the population's support?
Ehh... I must go...

After this interview, I can, in my journalistic objectivity, confirm you that we will replace an inept government, by a dictator as much inept and who doesn't even know how he was able to take office for this country's head of state.

[Jump until the end of the revolution]

AAAHHH!! At last! I have again access to power! But now is not the time to rejoice, this county is in ruin and we are attacked from everywhere. The only solution to solve that?... well I can only see one : To mobilise every ressources left to prepare an offensive war! :cool:

First, we should take Spain, I always like Spain. Then we should dislodge Russia from our territory.

MAILMAN! Quick, send these orders, we don't have much time!