• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(15683)

abstracteur de quintessence
Mar 20, 2003
Visit site
*Edited*

Well, since my AAR is translated, I guess I'll make this first post official. This is a Diplomacy game, started with the patch 1.01 and changed to 1.02 during play.

Here's the list of the episodes I did :

Spring 1901
Fall 1901
Spring 1902
Fall 1902
Spring 1903
Fall 1903
Spring 1904

Please, feel free to leave a comment (in fact, I encourage you to do so!) because the better part of writing an AAR is to read them!

Last edited:
Seeing the few numbers of AAR for Diplomacy, maybe I could try to translate my AAR so the majority of you could understand... only, of course, if you're interrested by this proposition? :)

Foller said:
Seeing the few numbers of AAR for Diplomacy, maybe I could try to translate my AAR so the majority of you could understand... only, of course, if you're interrested by this proposition? :)

I think that would be appreciated by many fence sitters :)

edit: in case you didn't notice non Diplomacy Players can now post here :cool:

Foller said:

Yes, that would be great! :)

Yes do it. :cool:

Joe

Definitely! I could try to run your AAR through Babelfish, but a friend tells me it likes to throw in curse words at odd intervals. ;)

Ok, I'll try to translate it during the week-end or maybe at the begining of next week. I've been busy recently so I didn't had the time to finish it...yet.

Obviously, there will be some jokes and expressions that I won't be able to translate from french, but I'll do my best!

Foller said:
Ok, I'll try to translate it during the week-end or maybe at the begining of next week. I've been busy recently so I didn't had the time to finish it...yet.

Obviously, there will be some jokes and expressions that I won't be able to translate from french, but I'll do my best!

Good show old chap! :D

Realy should learn French though.... amybe if this ones realy good i may try to read some of the French ones... no presure though ;)

Sir Clive.

Go for it. Any and all AARs here would be fantastic. Maybe my high school level French will help me with some of those phrases (though I doubt it.) :rolleyes: But I remember more of that than I do my college Italian. ;)

Just to let you know that this is my first AAR...

The settings are v.1.1 with the AI difficulty set to hard and it's the standard scenario. England will be my country.

Spring 1901

Counsellor #1 : Mister, Mister, a french diplomat just arrived and he has an important message for you!
Mr. Black : What? Already? I'm not even out of my bed and I'm already disturbed by unwanted strangers!! Maudits français! :mad:
Counsellor #2 : I'm sorry Mister, he said that it's urgent.
Mr. Black : Alright...he may enter.
French diplomat : Your honorable Mr. Black, I was sent here by my country to transmit you a alliance proposition so that we coul[...]
Mr. Black : STOP, speak no more! Go back to your silly country and tell them that England will never accept such a propositon before, at least, my first meal. Good bye. :mad:
Counsellor #1 : Congratulation Sire, you reacted very well.
Counsellor #2 : Now, what do you propose to do?
Mr. Black : Hmmm... Since France came here with hostile intention[...]
Counsellor #2 : But Sire, they wanted to form an allian[...]
Mr. Black : SILENCE!! Like I said, France is now considered as an enemy, so I propose a defensive alliance with Germany and then we could rest ourselves in my manor in Brest.
Counsellor #1 : I'm sorry Mister, but we do not control Brest.
Mr. Black : WHAT!? If what you say is true, then we have another reason to attack France! Quick, I need my quill!

[After some months]

Counsellor #1 : Mister! Wake-up, our diplomats have sent us their reports. Europe is moving!
Mr. Black : Quick! Show me!

Mr. Black : Hmm...France neglect Brest, interresting... but I can't see the rest of Europe?!
Counsellor #2 : I believe they weren't able to reproduce their maps. They only sent this paper.
Mr. Black : Maybe we should consider to sack them ; ENGLAND DO NOT TOLERATE THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR IN HIS EMPIRE!

Fall 1901

Counsellor #1 : Mister, I believe you just fell asleep.
Mr. Black : What? Oh... sorry. But what do you want me to do, everyone is ignoring me. This calm after the bustling start appears suspicious, I suspect... FRANCE! I need my pen and a paper, I must send theses demons where they belong!
Counsellor #2 : I fear, mister, that you are using your judgment in a unsuitable way. It would be bad for our reputation to attack furiously our neighbour.
Counsellor #1 : Please note, Sire, that I'm not responsible of my colleague's remarks.
Mr. Black : WHAT!?! You dare oppose me in my attempt to extand our EMPIRE! I should burn you at the town center for such senseless actions... actually, I don't see anything that can prevent me to do so. GUARDS, take him!

Counsellor #3 : Good day Sire, I'm pleased to now be in your council.
Mr. Black : Very well, but please try to not interfer with me, that's not why I'm paying you... (After thinking for a while, I believe some verifications with the state budget must be done... there are definitely useless jobs.) GUARDS! Take them!

Mr Black : Finally, all alone! I can now govern the way I want : Naked and drunk! :cool:

[Some pints later]

And now is the perfect time to make big decisions... I say, ATTACK CANADA!... no wait I mean KILL ALL CANADIAN CIVILIANS!
On second thought, Canada doesn't deserve my incredible presence in their pitiful land... let's go back to the usual way...ATTAQUONS LA FRANCE!!

[Some months later]

Mailman : Mister, these are the orders that our foreign diplomats sent us.

Oh! I didn't expect to get my Brest so soon! And as I hoped, the french and german armies met in Belgium. Really nice start, but I think I smelled the Russians in the East.
Very good, I'll now rest in my newly acquired manor in Brest. Good Bye!

Mailman : But Sire, won't you look what's happening in the South-East?
Mr. Black : Bah... it's not these laughable Turks that would bother me!

While Mr. Black left for Brest, the orders stayed on his desk

Nice start... nice to see The Empire being run the way it's supposed to! :D

Nice start indeed. Good to hear that your empire is using renewable resources and burn counsellors. :cool:

Those counselors were plotting to overthrow your government. It was a good thing one of them misspoke.

Is it possible to have all the AI countries be run by a character of the same kind, i.e. all run by a sphynx, or all by a monkey?

Spring 1902

I foretell this year will be a prosperous one. With new troups out of training, I'm feeling ready to attack the 6 battlefronts. :cool:
Counsellor #4 : But Mister, you don't have enough territories to attack all of them at the same time...
What?! You're back again?? I've been pretty clear last time when I beheaded the two others... I don't want any counsellors. :mad:
Counsellor #5 : It's because we noticed that you were talking alone during long hours and we are concerned about your mental health.
I DON'T HAVE MENTAL ISSUE!
Damn you! :mad:
Counsellor #5 : It's a pleasure Sire.
However, I will not tolerate any abuse of power from you two... and you started really bad #4, when you contradicted me in such an absurd way. I'm afraid you should take an hasty retirement. Well, retirement is a pretty big word, let cut it to 5, "death" and we immdiately find it more aesthetic, isn't it?
Counsellor #4 : But Mister, it's wrong to deny reality.
I SAID DIE BASTARD!!
[...]
Counsellor #6 : Good day Sire, I'm pleased to now be in your council.

With all this, I'm late for my orders. Let's begin by analysing the military dispositions.
Definitly, I don't like the smell Russians, maybe we should call the Nazis so we could get rid of them.
Counsellor #5 : I'm sorry Mister, but I don't know what you are talking about...
How come you don't understand!! Nazis : Natifs d'Allemagne au Zénith de leur Incroyable Stupidité!! Would you also like me to describe the meaning of Nazism!!
Counsellor # 5 : It's not necessary...
Damn, I had a good one for this...
Counsellor # 5 : But why are you using french if you hate so much their country? Or is it because you don't have enough vocabulary?
SHUT UP!!
Whatever, I request that we send to Germany a dipl[...]

Crier : A GERMAN DIPLOMATE ARRIVED!
Ah! I knew I didn't have mental problem... I would even say I'm a psyche master! I bet he's here to propose me an action against Sweden.
German diplomat : Hello, your honorable Mister, I have here a propostion from my country to kick the Russians out of Sweden.
Mr. Black : What was I saying? :cool: However, before getting onto this subjet, please change your voice accent ; I do not tolerate it when people speak like me. :mad:
German diplomat : But that's how we speak in our country...It's you who speak incorrectly, you should talk like this.
Mr. Black : Obviously, you don't understand the all subtilities of this world. :rolleyes:
German diplomat : Because you want it, I will please you... Like I said, we are worried by the coming of the Russians and we want you to support our attack on Sweden.
HA! You now admit your inferiority by requesting my help! So be it, I will help you, but by mere amusement of seing you begging for help.
German diplomat : I thank you. And we hope that you will hold to your promise.
Who do you think I am!? I've never been known for such treasons...yet. :eek:o
Now go away, I must finish my orders.

MAILMAN!! I have letter to send!

[Some months]

Mailman : MISTER! I HAVE THE INFORMATIONS!

Counsellor #5 :Hey #6, do you think I should tell Mr. Black a mistake he did?
Counsellor #6 : Obviously, I don't see why he would be irritated.

Counsellor #5 : Mister, I would like to tell you that you could have told Germany that in exchange of our help in Sweden, they would support us in Belgium.
And I would like to tell you that you could have easily stayed quiet and therefore lived a little longer. Mr. Black receives help from nobody!
*Death*

AND WHO IS THE INEPT THAT CAN'T DRAW A MAP OF ALL EUROPE!!? :mad:
How do you want me to laugh at the Austrians if I can't see them and their pathetic situation?

Counsellor #7 : Except your respect Mister, it is really easy to find out their situation by looking at this :

You just arrived and you already have bad habits of insulting the Emperor!? GUARDS, TAKE HIM... AND #6 TOO... I don't like his colour.

Guards : YES SIRE.

The good news is, at least at this point in time, Germany seems committed to fighting France as well. The French AI really should've stopped you from getting into Brest though.

It looks like in Autumn you'll have the superiority you need to seize Berlin, though getting the German AI to agree to it would probably be a good idea as well. Then you'll be able to launch a general advance into the heart of France.

This is a very nice AAR, you are doing good, and it is very funny as well. Mr Black sure seems to like to get rid of his advisors… Nice writing :)