• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandenburg III

A Smooth Operator
25 Badges
Jun 22, 2007
  • Lead and Gold
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • The Kings Crusade
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company Collection
  • Darkest Hour
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
17qxef.jpg

The EUIII OscAARs

Another year has passed and another string of AARs have been completed. Each completed EU3 AAR from in 2009 is sitting below, waiting for you to read and nominate them so they can advance to the final round of voting to begin next month. For each person there is only one vote, one nomination. If you want to second, third, etc. an AAR, be sure you say in your post the name of the AAR you’re giving a +1 to in order to avoid any confusions or misunderstandings.

Nominations will end one month from this day so get them in when you can.

Opening The Papal AARchives 1453-1792
Bingo Brett

A return to EmpiAAR – An MMG Mongol Khanate AAR
aHuman(oid)

The VikINg League
Urcules

Europe is our dancefloor - let's waltz
aldriq

In Peace and Freedom: A Swiss AAR
curufin

Italy: Tales of Friendship, Treason, Love and Death
Capibara

Granada's Adventures
loverdos

The Revolution
Brandenburg III

I’m Gonna Be IN PictAARs: An Algiers AAR
Brandenburg III

The Sons of Erin or My Attempt to Not Die: An MMP AAR
Brandenburg III

Ragusa: Jewel of the Adriatic
Chief Ragusa

Returning Home - A Golden Horde AAR
enkhuush

Tale of Serbian Kings
Serbian Knight

Will Yaroslavl Live Through the Weekend? An MMP 1.5 AAR
Brandenburg III

Islamic Spain - IN Granada AAR
Monnikje

And Rumours of War
King of Men

Ireland Forever
Range

I Want to be Russia When I Grow Up: Yaroslavl MMP 1.5
Brandenburg III

Hungary AAR #1: The Reign of Ziggy I
badger_ken

The Grand BazAAR - An IN Castillian AAR
naggy

The Book of Saint John: Volume 3
The Swert

Of the coming of Buddhism to the West - a French AAR.
birdboy2000

Range, Scotland’s Highland Chieftain
Range

Rise of the Yoroslavl - A Cu aar
Devilmay

Noir Knights: A ReligAAR of Cologne
Hitmanalex

There Must Be Order - A Teuton AAR
kebzero

Yemen – The Happy Arabia
Range

The Dark Muse
Brandenburg III

A Very Venetian AAR
badger_ken

Invaders must die - an Ottoman Empire WC AAR
Eino_Day

The Shortest Road to Damascus
aldriq

900 yeAARs of AARs (Part 2 - reboot)
Kuipy

The Long Way Home: Developer's HtTT AAR, Byzantium GC
Brother Bean

The Audacity of Pope - A Papal State WC AAR

tuore

The Audacity of Hope - An Iroquois IN AAR
PrawnStar

The Creek Coast - A Creek IN AAR
tuore

Rigid with FeAAR – MMP 1.402 Navarra
gabor

Yes We Can! - A France IN AAR
PrawnStar​

If there’s an AAR that has been forgotten, send me a private message with a link and I’ll check it out.

Am I allowed to nominate myself?

I think we should follow the ACA example and say you can't vote for yourself unless a mod chooses to come around to state otherwise.

tuore said:
you seem to have done lots of AARs last year.

Some of them were short (see: annexation) games and didn't require much time to write. :D

Great work, BIII! :cool: Make sure you head over to the GD area and bump the awards thread so people make know to come over here.

As for nominating yourself, we have never allowed it before in nominations so I see no reason to start now. ;)

Okay, then I nominate Returning Home - A Golden Horde AAR by Enkhuush. This is because this AAR made me actually want to write an AAR about Eu3 (I've done lots of AAR before in M2TW and Empire).
This was really a hard choice, and I would also like to congratulate for these AARs:
The Audacity of Hope by Prawnstar (inspired me for my Papal State WC, with similar name)
There Must Be Order by kebzero
The Shortest Road to Damascus by aldriq.

Because of the reason I wrote, Enkhuush's AAR deserves the title IMO. Of course I think my AAR should win (who wouldn't?), but because of the rules...

I have to nominate The Audacity of Hope - An Iroquois IN AAR, by PrawnStar.

I'd like to nominate Italy: Tales of Friendship , Treason , Love , and Death by Capibara . Although Capibara is more well known for his well loved gameplay AARs , this narrative is not only expertly crafted , but provides compelling , charming , and memorable misfit characters who get involved in one of the most terrible plots in Italian Alternate History .

This is great...now, everyone gets the chance to know the completed versions. Thanks for getting The EUIII OscAARs going. This is great for everyone.

As for my nomination....(drum roll), I would like to nominate "The Dark Muse"...by Brandenburg III...a great AAR narrative (it sets the standard).

Last edited:
There Must Be Order is quite good, I'll vote for that one. I wish I had a chance to read every single one of these completed ones, but that was the best of the ones that I've read.

coz1 said:
Make sure you head over to the GD area

:eek: We have a general discussions area?

tuore said:
Of course I think my AAR should win (who wouldn't?)

I think that opinion varies from person to person. To want to win and to think you ought to win are two different things. Not that I presume to speak for everyone but that’s my opinion on it. :)

john_who said:
So many great AARs, hard choice...

I agree. I think this is the best grouping of AARs since the EU3 Oscars began. Almost any of these AARs could put up a strong showing against the previous year's top 3. It’ll be interesting to watch the results.

Range said:
This is great...now, everyone gets the chance to know the completed versions. Thanks for getting The EUIII OscAARs going. This is great for everyone.

There are others. At the bottom of the EU3 library you can see past winners.

lordkestrel said:
I wish I had a chance to read every single one of these completed ones, but that was the best of the ones that I've read.

This is just the nominations round. After this - after a month - then a poll will go up for the top nominated AARs. That will go on for a month and should give people enough time to read that much smaller selection.

At the very least this serves as a place to go if you’re like me and your favorite AAR is a completed AAR. :D

As a final note I'll be posting here once a week until the nomination phase ends. The posts will primarily serve as a bump but will also include AARs that have been nominated and the number of times they've been nominated. This will make it easier to count the totals and may spur more people to nominate their favorite AARs if they see a close race.

I wish to nominate The Shortest Road to Damascus by aldriq. It's exceptionally well written and drives towards a clear, neat goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.