• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Drive the muslem bastard out to the ocean!

Sure :cool:

You're really picking up on your map making skills! Keep up the good work (and the AAR as well, I've always wanted to do an Ethiopian one, although I'd never even contemplate doing it with MMP ;))!

Thank you :)eek: Milites likes my graphics!!)

Good luck! This looks like it could be fun!
It was fun in Heir to the Throne, so it is fun in MMP2.

Ethiopia is an interesting choice. Looks like fun. Good luck!:)
Thank you.

etiopialogo.png

Chapter II: Situation of Ethiopia until 1399

Ethiopia is a major Despotic Monarchy. Throughout it's history, Ethiopia is known for its moral economy. Ethiopia has also lately favoured innovation over tradition, bringing new reforms and new ideas to the realm. This has been possible because of the slight tendency towards decentralization. During the last decades, Ethiopia has strictly increased the serfdom in its kingdom. The militaristic talent of the previous rulers have raised two military ideas: military drill and conscription. To counter against the increased number of heathen beliefs, Ethiopia believes in the Divine supremacy.

Ethiopia has no friends; Adal, Yemen, Hedjaz, Mamluks and Swahili have all swayed under a heathen religion: Islam. Also, fetishmism is spreading from the remote jungles of central Africa. Ethiopia is in turmoil.

Dawit I is not a militarily talented ruler, but he is good enough to command the future armies we create... Ethiopia must be Oriental Orthodox, by any means necessary.

relig.png

Religious situation of Ethiopia in 1399

We should strive for a society that is not completely against serfdom - we need to accept the fact that free subjects is not completely bad. We must hope that the change does not cause any unrest within our country...

the map is beautiful but we're still waiting for some action :p
i remember playing Ethiopia in one of the earlier incarnations of MM and the trick i used was to sell Massawa early to... Hedjaz; this somehow limited Mamaluks' interest in my fertile soil ;)

the map is beautiful but we're still waiting for some action :p
i remember playing Ethiopia in one of the earlier incarnations of MM and the trick i used was to sell Massawa early to... Hedjaz; this somehow limited Mamaluks' interest in my fertile soil ;)

Just wait, we need statistics first :p. In my test game, I annexed and released Adal as my buffer state (to block the strait to Yemen) and sold them Massawa (to block the Mamluks).

Two roads diverged in a vast savanna and I, I went with the herd to Ethiopia!:D (Sorry, it came to mind and I couldn't resist.)

But seriously, cool map, the situation looks tough though. Is Adal your first move?

etiopialogo.png

Chapter III​
Dawit I​
Part I​

Ethiopia is surrounded by heathens. With the Mamluks in the north, Adalese in the east and the trading people of Swahili in the south, Ethiopia's situation is extremely dangerous. Dawit I and his predecessors had built the Ethiopian empire mostly on Orthodox religion. He wanted to make sure it remained so. That's the reason why he started the new century with a speech - praising the Ethiopian culture and telling how their brethrens in the east were being tortured.
Through the long year 1400, Dawit firmly established trade in Alexandria - the prosperous center of trade located on the coast of the Mediterranean. During those years he realized that the Ethiopian port infrastructure was poor, limiting our trading possibilities - limiting the only connection to the outside world.

All the diplomatic treaties he tried failed miserably. The Islamic nations are clearly acting hostile against us. During the summer of 1400, two spearmen groups were trained; one in Kefa and one in Tigre. Already by that time Dawit knew that the only way to achieve peace was through conquest. On Monday, September 18th of the year 1400, Dawit I sent his diplomat to send a message to the Adal. The message was simple; a war had started.

Swahili honoured their alliance with Adal, unlike Yemen. Dawit's plan was simple, but effective; our soldiers would first defeat the army of Adal in Harer, then proceed and capture their other provinces.

adalwar.png

The progress of the war. Number of troops indicated in thousands,

The battle of Harer was won quickly, but the siege was brutal. Over 2,000 men lost their lives, and when the city finally surrendered in May 1401, a triumph was held.
Just as Dawit had planned, the province of Ogaden, a hostile, non-occupied region held the Swahilian invaders at bay until Adal was utterly defeated.
During the war, aristocratic faction cleared their path and influenced several provinces, most notably Shoa. The war proved that our nation was self-sufficient, therefore making it easier to restore order should it ever tremble.
With the siege of Berbera still ongoing, Dawit and his army proceeded to Mogadishu, the rich province adjacent to Haud. In late 1402 the city surrendered, but Berbera still held.
During spring 1403 Dawit managed to stabilise the economic situation, despite the war still raging. Aristocrats gained even more support throughout the country, giving Ethiopia benefits.
In October 1403, Berbera finally surrendered, with the siege lasting for 387 days. Adal was completely razed, leaving only Harer left. This lowered our government's effeciency, which is now considered as a competent government. In the next summer, we no longer had the problem of limited port infrastructure, allowing our merchants to compete at a higher rate. On 26th July, Ethiopia had good contacts all over the world, making our society more open. The reforming will hurt our economy and military for ten years, but Dawit was sure it was worth it.
The Ethiopian campaign against Adal and Swahili was almost concluded when the last forces of Swahili surrendered in Malindi in December 1404. The war continued for another 6 months, though. When a great uprising in Zeila started in July, Dawit made peace with Swahili, demanding the sea region of Mogadishu. The uprising was quelled in October.

Great! You've done a lot of good work...keep it up. I'll be looking out for updates.

Also, you've given me an idea on how to evolve my AARs...thanks

Great job! You put the Muslim heathens in their place.:rofl: