• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Second Coming of St. Jesus the Carpenter

After fifteen years since the Death of Marcus the Marshmallow maker had came to its august in middle of the June, a young woman came crying in to the streets of Leipzig.
”Suffer o' sinners, the end is coming!”
And people passed by let her wage her rage without much of intervention.
And in third night of that June of the year 409 since the abolition of Holy Warsaw Municipality, another women came out to the street and cried:
”Hell damns us all, the sky is falling!”
And She was arrested over disturbing the quite hour, that the Land lord Guy Gauntlet had regulated in Leipzig. The woman was charged with fine and send back to her quarters, and his grim omens and revelations were duly ignored.

And day after that incident had occurred, a young women came to the streets and spoke unknown tongues, and her breasts poured 5.5 % strong Beer and turpentine. It maddened the nearby quarters and those who came to drink from her right breast got merry and joyful but soon started to be mad at trees and rocks.
Those who drink from her left breast had itching stomach pains and had feverish dreams of burning furniture.
And such ill luck had the city of Leipzig that this womens right breast carried unnoticed breast tumor that had shrunken its mammary glands. So after few hours had passed, people of Leipzig run to the streets and raved and drooled and started setting large pyres over piles of furnitures that were wrested from the very homes of kind noblemen.
And the People's Militia of Damaskus/Order that had won the contract over local police activity in Leipzig let this madness take place for few good hours as they were allegedly in secret cartel with the local furniture dealers and carpenters to make the prizes go higher.
So after the smokes begun to evaporate and the turpentine-intoxicated citizens either dying or retiring to their homes, The People's Militia of Damaskus/Order ordered the caterpillars to clean the streets.
And behold: Secretly they chuckled with the furniture enterprises and as it was foreseen, the prizes went high and the Leipzig fell into era of despair.

And people whined and groaned and agony and misery reigned. The joyful and merry times came grim and mirk and dogs howled and birds flew backwards.
The fair and gentle noblemen had no longer afford to keep shiny and pretty stools and tables and they had to eat from rickety rigs and drive their younger children to the streets to beg as there were no longer strong enough benches to support their fleshly bodies.

And people formerly free and full of spirit came down into level of beggars, thugs, Transvaalnians and someone's took Yngling Corsair names, rest just cried and wept.
And People drank more turpentine and suffered more stomach aches and had more dark dreams of dark hours.
...They came to the streets to rave and they wore sheepskins taken from their neighbours and spoke hasty judgments of their relatives and strangers.
...And people burned courthouse and repainted old churches. Taxi drivers started to wear nylons and Soldiers sold their rifles to purchase swords and lances...
And foul were time and lot of things was heard and in the second hour of the darkness, An unscheduled flight of Air-Mango's Boeing 707 flied over the sun and in that partial eclipse, cold wind blew and a Man named Ahmed spoke his words of his famous revelation.

Behold! The revelation of Ahmed Al Jib of Edinburgh:

Chapter 22
Chapters 1 to 20 deals most about market prices of various stocks of furnitures. Chapter 21 tells about different flavors of turpentine.

1The Revelation of Ahmed Al Jib o' Edinburgh, given to him freely and without forcing by the Mother Amma-Kun, thirty sixth descendant of Queen Liza, the first mother of Bassileus twice born.
2Transmitted and broadcasted by the TV-4 of Leipzig
32009 TV4
4Behold: The times are short and the demon is walking.
5He rides with horses of foul breed and low speed.
6and sometimes he has to use bicycle.
7 And to those who be blessed with vigour and understanding: Behold! He doesn't move at all in foul weather!
8 To the congregation of Halle: You haven't paid for the washing machine that I borrowed in last mont.
9I know your deeds and I shall condemn them.
10 To you who takes the tolerance and patience as signs of weakness: The time is short and if you don't pay the set prize,
11 I will **** cook your **** in melted butter!
12 Bloody *****, *****suckers....
13 Mumbling...
14 Your time will come!
15 All hail the congregation of Chicago and loved Father Nicodameus.
16 For he was well witted and fair.
17 Without lust of Sodomy in his thoughts
18 Nor deeds of villains nor corsairs.
19 Indeed righteousness man he was.
20 As righteousness was his virtue.
21 Until the end of the times.

Chapter 23

1 And I've seen that the riot will run loose and political influences will root deeply into average life
2 And opinions will run from side to another and between them the devil rides whit:
3 Either his slow horse
4or
5 With his bicycle
6 Uncharted are the roads of holy god but well is written the path of satan.
7 As it goes trough Limmerich and Brussels.
8 Via the road M5
9 Cross the Bridge of Nieberlung
10 To the Paris and Berlin!
11 And long journey that is to ride with bicycle
12 Not to mention with slow horses
13 And thirst often overtakes the journeymen
14 And doomed are those who give water to the devil.
15 As they themselves drink from the bore well of Diabolia.
16 Whose waters are not regulated by any sanitary officials nor organisations.
17 Not now and not in the past.
18 And not in future, unless the meek will vote for the Bulgarian Communist party.
19 As they have done great deal of good
20 And many civil engineering reforms have come from their initiative.
21 And they have candidates of honest lineage and reputation.
22 And those who have understanding shall count the number of the candidate.
23 And it is a rather common number.
23.1 (between 11 and 13)
23.2 (and remember to write it and only it into the voting ballot)
24 And that number is 3451.56

Chapter 26
Chapters 24 and 25 contains mostly the candidates of the Bulgarian communist party nominates to the next city council elections in Leipzig.)

1 I heard that the door to the temple was open and it still stood closed and tall.
2 And yet the path of the 12 white bicyclist lead past the doors to the temple and they entered there with various selection of bruises and injury.
3 And they were never seen again
4 But instead I saw the lamp of god eating grass on Mount Blank
5 And it was either male or female kind but still had that vicious look of neutral person.
6 And with him were the 44 thousand virgin mens from all tribes of Mongols.
7 They had not defiled themselves with women but had stayed pure and untouched by the prettier sex.
8 Some of them were just unlucky, but most of them felt that life for zealot was good excuse of social incompetent.
9 And many of them had physical problems. And some prefer other ways of pleasures.
10 Few were just plain ugly or disgusting.
11 And these followed the lamp everywhere he/she went. They had been brought among the numbers of men as a firstfruits for the Lamp.
12 And the Lamp paid many ducates over them as the Satan himself was bidding and kept pushing the price higher.

Chapter 27

1 And I heard the Lamp cry: Wolves! And three time it shouted, none came the wolf and the 44 thousand virgin men started to show expressions of fear.
2 And they took the hairiest and ugliest among themselves and gave him the name of the wolf.
3 And youngest of them, who were nothing but mere boys were sacrificed to the new wolf and the elder virgins eat the flesh of the sacrification and bonded between themselves in gently and suspicious ways.
4 And they touched each other with paternal way and gave silly nicknames to each other.
5 And the lamp ate more grass and pasture flowers.
6 The wolf was build temple and it had sixteen walls and its towers had no roof, nor its windows any glass.
7 And huge smoke rose from inside the temple as the wolf burned the pasture grass and the lamp was prepared to be tested of its sex.
8 And the men called themselves as were-wolves and they rallied all the kings of the earth into great battle. And they spoke of turmoil and despair and raised a prostitute to rule the city of Leipzig.
9 And they drunk turpentine and eat the flesh of younger virgin men. And when all that was wasted they took middle-aged virgin men to be eaten until only 13 were-wolfs and the original wolf remained.
10 And they molestated the lamp and shore the innocent wool out to make their war ensing.
11 Foul was the ensing and it carried the colors of turpentine.
12 And the sixteen virgin men, aged over 50 years of age rode to the war and teared the outer walls of the Leipzig into shatters.
13 And from its tower the prostitute laughed and threw stools and tables into the street. All the furniture he wanted to burn and all the products of carpenters.
14 And the ones who believed into the lamp fell into fear and they called the police but the were-wolves controlled all phone lines.

15 And they started to print their mark on to the ones that had defiled themselves with women. That mark was foul and it burned the flesh and it mocked those who thought it was socially bit laughable to be virgin at the age of 50.
16 And Behold! As I've seen that mark burned in the sky during various ages. It carried different shapes but it always deprivated the sexual freedom of hetero-sexual citizens of Leipzig.
17 And the Lamp I saw without no wool and I cryed and threw stools out of the window.

Chapter 29
Chapter 28 list all the furnitures Ahmad Al Jib threw from the window)

1 And then came the Angel and told me: Hollowed be the motorcycles as they rode faster than Devils bicycle
2 Not to mention his slow horse
3Behold: The four motorcyclist of Heavenly icrusion. They wore the leather suites of papal fashion.
4 And they had defiled themselves with beutiful women and sometimes with not so beutifull women and wore the marks of them as triumphs in the wall and their skin was allergic to the sign of the Were-wolves.
5 And they had the knifes to skin the wolf.
6 And huge tuba that they blew to make the wolven ears ringing.
7 And the first motorcyclist blow the horn and ten thousand little gnomes crept into the catacomb and they lit the candle and transformed into 13 and half recarnations of Elton John.
8 The third motorcyclist blew the horn before the second and the earth did tremble and buildings lost their plasterings.
9 And the fourth Motorcyclist blew the horn a melody that was accused as plagiatry from God Save the Queen but it brought the fear of god into the heart of the wolves and they had to wear sunglasses as the light of god shined trough the clouds.
10 And the good won and the hour of wolf passed and they all rode into the thecnicolor sunset.
11 except the devil, whose horse were too slow. He remained among the burned piles of furnitures.

Chapter 30
1 The Devil shake his head and looked the burned wood. He did not see the second motorcyclist who had not rode away.
2 As he was mad to have his turn taken in the grand finale.
3 And he decided to remain in Leipzig. The city of torture and pain now as no full table remained, no unbroken closet.
4 No fine chair nor bench, no coat racks.
5 And he looked the pain of the city deep in its root and grinned.
6 Were not the prices high and unreasonable?
7 Indeed it was time to make some profit...
8 St. Jesus the Carpenter had few thoughts of new Jerusalem and new tree of life.
9 But he forsake them as they were too far out and unrealistic.
10 And contained no economical security for gifted craftsman like he was.

for reward: 20 Prestige

Can we have a list of who is playing what nation? I didn't know, for example, that fasquardon had dropped out, nor am I tracking which nation danomite is playing (although whichever nation it is I wish you better luck than poor unlucky Belgium had last time).

It says which nation in my Signature :p

Sid Meier - China
Danomite - Indonesia Federation
Secrets - Georgia/Ottoman Empire
Von Runny - France
Kazmir - Japan
Falahk - Prussia
Ismael - Transvaal/Britannia
Varyar - Italian State of America
Gollevainen - Imperial Novgorod/Finland
Carillon - Germany
King of Men - Norway

A few edits for clarity :p

Sid Meier - China
(China, Manchuria, Mongolia and Tibet)

Danomite - Indonesia Federation
(aprox 1/3 of India, Burma, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore. The Islands include Brunei, East Timor, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and New Caledonia.)

Secrets - Georgia/Ottoman Empire
(Greece, all of the ottoman empire east of Constantinople & the Suez, as well as the rest Arabian Peninsula, Persia, Pakistan, Afghanistan and northern India)

Von Runny - France
(France, Spain and Portugal as well as the vast majority of Italy)

Kazmir - Japan
(Japan, Korea, Part of Manchuria, Taiwan and minor part of India)

Falahk - Prussia
(Eastern Germany/Poland, Part of Lithuania and Latvia, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Most of Romania and Bulgaria and Yugoslavia, as well as a minor part of India)

Ismael - Transvaal/Britannia
(Africa. Period)

Varyar - Italian State of America
(All of South America, the Entire Caribbean, Central America, Florida, Louisiana, and everything west of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska, Including the coast of Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and Alaska)

Gollevainen - Imperial Novgorod/Finland
(Finland, Russia, Estonia, Most of Ukraine and a third of Kazakhstan)

Carillon - Germany
(Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and Denmark)

King of Men - Norway
(Everything the Italian States of America doesn't own in America, Greenland, Iceland, United Kingdom, Norway, Majority of Sweden)

In addition here are some updated world stats for 45 compared to 36:

Population

China - 379,018,000 - Decrease of 4 million
Georgia - 173,352,000 - increase of 6 million
Indonesia - 166,808,000 - increase of 16 million
France - 108, 482,000 - increase of 11 million
Finland - 93,278,000 - increase of 8.5 million
Prussia - 74,465,000 - increase of 7 million
Japan - 72,297,000 - increase of 6.5 million
Africa - 70,878,000 - increase of 5.5 million
Germany - 67,909,000 - increase of 8 million
Norway - 63,201,000 - increase of 10 million
America - 46,424,000 - increase of 4 million

Thoughts:
At first glance, Indonesia is leading the pack in population growth, but if adjusted for base population you see Norway growing nearly twice as fast, with Indonesia growing at similar rate to that of France. Astonishing rate of growth for Norway!
On the flip side, for its population Georgia has a painfully slow rate of growth, one can only speculate as to why. Increased funding to their social programs might be called for. And then we come to China who is taxing his population to death.

Factories

China - 8 - increase of 3
Georgia - 18 - increase of 3
Indonesia - 25 - increase of 12
France - 30 - increase of 13
Finland - 10 - stagnant
Prussia - 10 - increase of 1
Japan - 9 - stagnant
Africa - 12 - stagnant
Germany - 14 - increase of 1
Norway - 16 - increase of 4
America - 14 - increase of 1

Thoughts:
The most notable increases are with France and Indonesia, both of which are under Lassiez faire parties along with strong capitalist base. Norway, Georgia and China made increases as well. Those that are stagnating however seem to be suffering from a lack of available goods. We should see those nations improve drastically in the coming session as goods trickle down into the rest of the market.

Army/Navy

China - 61/27 - change of 1/0
Georgia - 68/49 - change of 0/0
Indonesia - 25/98 - change of 0/0
France - 53/43 - change of 13/0
Finland - 35/0 - change of 0/0
Prussia - 14/11 - change of -12/7
Japan - 21/59 - change of 0/9
Africa - 15/7 - change of -13/0
Germany - 17/8 - change of 0/0
Norway - 14/42 - change of 0/0
America - 17/129 - change of -4/0

Thoughts:
China is building a bigger army!!!
Also to be noted is the vast military build up by France, while many other parts of world are actually down sizing there armies (for the upcoming 1850's half maintenance ruling).
Another interesting note would be Prussia and Japan both building up there respective navies. Are they preparing for something sinister, a grab at naval supremacy in there respective regions?

National Rankings!

-----------Prestige/Military/Industry
France 94/142/869
America 282/137/508
Indonesia 209/116/471
Georgia 240/156/395
China 80/135/325
Prussia 31/29/348
Norway 77/73/272
Germany 116/41/275
Japan 13/100/216
Africa -76/27/326
Finland 62/57/164

Summary:
France PWNing it up, America and Indonesia in a fairly tight battle for second place. China is closing in on Georgia's score both military wise and industrially can Georgia keep the lead? At the other end we have Finland being late to the industrial race can he catch up?

Stayed Tuned to find out!

Last edited:
At the other end we have Finland being late to the industrial race can he catch up?

It will, or it will die trying....and we don't go down alone!!!!!

I followed the previous great game and this, but failed to comment, so here I will. :)

Of course, King of Men's Yngling AARs steal the show, and because of that i'll be rooting for him despite his seemingly third rate status.

Whoo hoo finally you guys made it to Vicky :D

So China is forced to tax his people to death? 4 million down, another 121 million to go... :eek:o But where does the tax money go? War reparations to Italy and France? or a massive hoarding of goods and increases in mobilization? I'm waiting for the day when China decides to overthrow the Shanghai treaty and mobilizes 400 divisions.

Germany and Prussia seem like a powerful alliance. 10% population growth, massive resources, but not many factories (yet). If they get time and stick together, and find a naval ally, they could all by themselves make a viable bid for hegemony in western Eurasia. Unless France strikes first ofc. :eek:o WTF though does the reduction of 12 divisions in Prussia mean??

Russia and China used to be the unbreakable alliance in EU3, right? Well they seem to have serious issues here, Russia/Finland with a worryingly low population, and China with this taxation madness and ofc the distrust of the rest of the world. I bet if the two could, they would expand Finland to the Atlantic and China all the way to the Indian ocean. Those two are sinister, buddy!

America/Stati Uniti Italiani d'America? seems to be doing alright. Weak resources for the most part (except for Sulfur, IIRC from my Vicky days) but a strong enough navy that they can avoid falling prey to the hungry Euro wolves. I wonder what their business in China is, though. Maybe they would like to take a bite of those 350 million Chinese? A minor annexation of 20 million Chinese souls would not hurt China much but would almost double Italy's population. :eek: Maybe some of those Chinese peasants can be persuaded to emigrate to the new world?

As for Africa... I wonder what the continent of darkness will be capable of pulling off. It's quite unusual to have all of Africa -and nothing else- be a county of itself in Vicky. What do their ethnic statistics look like? And what cultures do they accept? What are their industries like? Furniture, wine, food? They and Georgia might be able to actually make an impact if they set aside their past differences and team up... specifically looking north, towards those rich coal and iron lands...

Norway ofc is going to do alright. With Britain at the heart of their empire, and most of North America to boot, all they need is peace and they will climb to a great position in the world. I am not worried about them.

Indonesia is also peculiar. Strong Navy, they need it. Also a strong army. Interesting. And a good industry. Most surprising. If China gets into trouble, watch out for her southern neighbour taking a bite...

Here's hoping for action on all fronts - economically, diplomatically, and of course WARRRRRRR!

Last edited:
I followed the previous great game and this, but failed to comment, so here I will. :)

Of course, King of Men's Yngling AARs steal the show, and because of that i'll be rooting for him despite his seemingly third rate status.

Eh I'll say his nation is a 2 and 1/2 rate power :p He is does have the 2nd most railroads after Indonesia thus far.

So China is forced to tax his people to death? 4 million down, another 121 million to go... :eek:o But where does the tax money go? War reparations to Italy and France? or a massive hoarding of goods and increases in mobilization? I'm waiting for the day when China decides to overthrow the Shanghai treaty and mobilizes 400 divisions.

Unfortunately for us, this is likely sooner than we would like :S

Germany and Prussia seem like a powerful alliance. 10% population growth, massive resources, but not many factories (yet). If they get time and stick together, and find a naval ally, they could all by themselves make a viable bid for hegemony in western Eurasia. Unless France strikes first ofc. :eek:o WTF though does the reduction of 12 divisions in Prussia mean??

Reduction of army size might be due to money problems? Or that he has simply ensured via diplomacy that his lands will be safe from all sides?

Russia and China used to be the unbreakable alliance in EU3, right? Well they seem to have serious issues here, Russia/Finland with a worryingly low population, and China with this taxation madness and ofc the distrust of the rest of the world. I bet if the two could, they would expand Finland to the Atlantic and China all the way to the Indian ocean. Those two are sinister, buddy!

Indeed this is the very issue that has the world worried! Will China go on the offensive and if so, will we be able to stop him! Till then the only thing we can do is prepare for such a day.

America/Stati Uniti Italiani d'America? seems to be doing alright. Weak resources for the most part (except for Sulfur, IIRC from my Vicky days) but a strong enough navy that they can avoid falling prey to the hungry Euro wolves. I wonder what their business in China is, though. Maybe they would like to take a bite of those 350 million Chinese? A minor annexation of 20 million Chinese souls would not hurt China much but would almost double Italy's population. :eek: Maybe some of those Chinese peasants can be persuaded to emigrate to the new world?

Indeed America is in a decent position with its mighty navy and vast lands. I foresee it attracting fair amount of immigration from china. However Norway is an unknown, will viking hordes come from the north and raid America? Or will they live in peace allowing for a peaceful coexistence on the northern continent?

As for Africa... I wonder what the continent of darkness will be capable of pulling off. It's quite unusual to have all of Africa -and nothing else- be a county of itself in Vicky. What do their ethnic statistics look like? And what cultures do they accept? What are their industries like? Furniture, wine, food? They and Georgia might be able to actually make an impact if they set aside their past differences and team up... specifically looking north, towards those rich coal and iron lands...

Indeed, as far as I know there is a lengthy NAP between Georgia and Africa for the time being, giving both peace of mind at least in the short term. Both these nations are vast, Georgia lacking on a few resources but having a solid industrial base, and leading producer of Machine Parts, while Africa had abundance of resources. I can foresee some mutual benefit for both in working together. (especial since editing of resource stockpile trades is allowed)

Norway ofc is going to do alright. With Britain at the heart of their empire, and most of North America to boot, all they need is peace and they will climb to a great position in the world. I am not worried about them.

They unfortunately have a reputation of being backstabbers. This will likely get in the way of having a truly safe and secure empire. They have America as an uncertain front, a vast Atlantic ocean to patrol, 3 possible hostile nations to the south in Europe and Finland always aiming to liberate Scandinavia.

Indonesia is also peculiar. Strong Navy, they need it. Also a strong army. Interesting. And a good industry. Most surprising. If China gets into trouble, watch out for her southern neighbour taking a bite...

Indeed for most of Eu3 Indonesia had the worlds strongest navy, that is until it got into an arms race with America. As for land army it is the middle of the road I think, Neither strongest nor weakest. That said it may not be enough, just look at my neighbors, China and Georgia both with twice my standing army. In the event of an invasion I will likely have to get the help of the other other wise loose to the aggressor.

Industry is not that surprising given the ahistorical nature of our game, I had the 3rd highest income in Eu3 for nearly 150 years, and top 5 for 250, that in turn meant I had a fair number of manu's which lead to a better chance to get Industries and capitalists in the conversion.

Hehe while I won't expressly admit to imperialistic desires into china, I will say if its the world against China, I am with the world. That said, my main goals will far more likely be in securing more islands in the Pacific, maybe even the 2 big ones, Aussie and Kiwi land.
Watch out Georgia, your era of forcing your will on Southeast Asia maybe at an end...

Here's hoping for action on all fronts - economically, diplomatically, and of course WARRRRRRR!

Oh there will be plenty of action I assure you :) China will see to that :(

Last edited:

No it was Finland and Georgia who we married in Eu3...China flirting is just late eu3/Vicky era way;)

And who needs population, when all I need is twenty transports and twenty divisions and someone pointing out where the Yngling nuclear reactor lays:D:D

Prussia was AI for the first hour while Falahk figured out the problem with his router, so that may account for the drop in army size.

session1scene2.png

Thanks to King of Men with giving some inspiration with the script although I thought of it first (the idea not the precise lines, from there I funnied it up).

Great minds, as they say. Good work, Blayne. Even my wife found it interesting, and she doesn't play.

I've decided to more or less shoplift "Italy"'s personality from the Anime "Axis Powers" for comic relief. :) Glad to know your liking it. I'm getting really good at this.

I've decided to more or less shoplift "Italy"'s personality from the Anime "Axis Powers" for comic relief. :) Glad to know your liking it. I'm getting really good at this.
If you're gonna make Italy the village idiot, at least give him a proper (huge) Italian moustache :D