• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I BEG YOUR PARDON?!

Abandon my family's vineyards to those rebel scum? I'll march into Italy myself and take them out single-handedly before I see my family estate touched by those traitors! And to even suggest letting Rome fall is absurd. Even with our capital at Constantinople, there is no Roman Empire without Rome.

- Senator Raphael Favero
There will be no Roman Empire without victory in this war. We must do what is necessary to win this war. Are you calling the Eastern Roman Empire unroman? How dare you insult our ancestors! If we do not shorten the land we need to defend, we will be crushed in this war. For the greater good.

-Temporary Senator Palaiologos

Reactions:
"Given that our ancestors are dead, it would make more sense to focus on recovering Italia and meeting the Russians in battle."

Reactions:
"Given that our ancestors are dead, it would make more sense to focus on recovering Italia and meeting the Russians in battle."
Give our ancestors are dead, it would make more sense for us to survive instead of attempting and failing to keep their estates safe.

Reactions:
"Then we agree that our revered ancestors have nothing to do with the issue and that bringing them up just hinders discussion."

Reactions:
Senators, We thank you for your insights. It is still too early to make too great of plans, but We hope the situation will continue to stabilize quickly. We hope Our citizens will not suffer under these rebellious regimes for long, and that the northern barbarians will be thrown back yet again. We will hold a new meeting when there is more news. In the meanwhile, We will most often be found at the Hagia Sophia, where the Patriarch is holding continual prayer services for the Empire and its citizens.

102. The Time of Troubles, the First 58 Days - Senate Responses
"Germany is our natural ally," say the French. We should bring up the matter of Alsace-Lorraine with them.

Those barbarians in Russia and Germany! For the second time in the Empire's history, the barbarians are invading us! We must rally all of our troops to defeat them and put them in their place! The Ministry of Security is getting in touch with subversive units such as radical communists and fascists within Russia and Germany to see if they can help us bring down our enemies. Of course, I shall only give the green light on your command.

I regret to inform you that General Palaiologos is dead, killed in action in Britannia but apparently, a misprint on a letter has caused Rome to believe the Sixth Legion has been destroyed. It is instead, the Tenth Legion that has been destroyed. I, Paulinas Palaiologos, will carry on my father's legacy. I hail from Britannia and escaped the vile communist forces there. I may be young, only 29, but I know what is best for this Empire. I request to lead the Tenth Legion against any forces that may seek to defeat Rome. We may be outnumbered but we are Roman, not the barbaric scum that call themselves nations.

The news of Australia and Aoteorea's rebel governments was of concern to Hairini. She worried for her family's safety, because of her working overseas for the Empire. Following the session, Nestorius tried his best to calm Hairini down, assuring her that her family should be fine. However, she wouldn't take it; she needed to contact them by telephone, as she had bought them one a few years earlier. At their residence, she made the call as Nestorius stood by her side. She waited for a couple of minutes, nervously waiting for an answer, before getting one.

"Who is this?" she heard a familiar male voice say. It was her brother. "Anaru! It is Hairini!" she yelled into the phone, startling the Senator next to her. "I have heard of news of the Aoteorean dictatorship. What's going on over there?!" she asked frantically. She waited for a moment before getting a reply. "Things are looking grim here. The guy in power, who is only known as Tane, has been instituting some fairly frightening rules. He has forces which routinely check those who have some sort of connection to the government. I'm always looking through our windows, hoping to never see them. He has also been enforcing segregation for non-Maori of the island, differentiating immigrants and settlers from foreigners born on Aoteorean soil. The ghettos are depressing," Anaru revealed to her. "The worst part is how some policies are being borrowed from the Australians. I've only heard rumors, but if they are true, then non-Aborigines there are having an even worse time."

"So, you, mother and sister are all fine?" she asked worryingly. "Yes, but I don't know for how long. Please, if you can, spread the word to the Greeks in the West! I'll try my best to protect- oh no, I think I see them. I have to go," he told her. "Anaru, wait!" she yelled before he hung up. She put the receiver down, looking blue. She turned to Nestorius and told him what she had found out. He was shocked. "We'll have to see if we can do anything during the next meeting."

---

Nestorius' head was in his hands when he heard that the Northern Alliance had declared war. Hairini, knowing what this meant for the Oceanian states, looked as though she was about to scream her head off.

((Somewhere over France))

The Empress Veronica shook as something hit it. An officer screamed as bullets smashed through a nearby window, striking metal and flesh with extreme prejudice.

"What the hell..." said Laskaris.

A small and dark shape shot past the bridge with a loud hum, and briefly John-Loukas could make out the shape of a hammer, sickle, and Britannian Union Flag.

The British had airplanes too.

"Red alert!" shouted John-Loukas. "Action stations! Set all stations to condition 1!"

Klaxons blared all throughout the ship as the crew manned their stations, among them the two rudimentary antiaircraft guns.

"Find that plane and shoot it down!" ordered John-Loukas.

"Uh, Captain, I think we have a bigger problem than one plane," said Laskaris, pointing in front of them.

Out of the clouds emerged a large airship, painted in all red, bristling with weapons all over. It was of the same design as the Empress Veronica, but it was twice as large and significantly more armed than the imperial ship, with five more light cannons and three more antiaircraft weapons, as well as what appeared to be a larger bomb bay and...a runway? John-Loukas swore he saw planes inside, getting ready to take off. On the side of the communist airship was written: Aiden Gray.

"Sir, they are hailing us over the wireless," said the communications officer.

"Patch them through," said John-Loukas.

"We are the proletariat," said a Britannian manon the other end, "Lower your weapons and surrender your ship. We will add your social and class distinctiveness to our own. Your experience will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

"No," said John-Loukas.

"Reactionary bourgeois scum," said the woman, "I understand you recently bombed the poor proletariat in the free city of Paris."

"Yes, I ordered that," proclaimed John-Loukas.

"You will pay for your crimes against the proletariat!" said the man. "The Workers' Commonwealth and the liberated proletariat of Britannia shall triumph over the reactionaries in Constantinople and bring the revolution to all corners of the world! Surrender now and we shall not kill you all. Resist...and you already know what fate befalls you. It is no use resisting the revolution and inevitable victory of the proletariat."

"No," said John-Loukas, "I fight for Emperor and Empire, and I will not bend to some Syndicalist scum!"

There was no response for five seconds. Then there was a laugh.

"Fools," said the man, "Let us show you the true might of the proletariat!"

The Aiden Gray opened fire on the Empress Veronica, unleashing a devastating hail of flak from its cannons as its complement of biplanes strafed the imperial ship, tearing large holes in the sides of the Empress Veronica's hull.

The ship rocked from the sheer force of the impacts. Some crew screamed or lost their balance and were tossed overboard. Others bravely tried to man their stations.

"Engines three and four are down!" reported the chief engineering officer, "We have reports of fires breaking out dangerously close to the hydrogen reserves."

"Seal them off and execute Protocol Herculean," ordered John-Loukas.

"But sir, there are forty crewmembers still trying to escape from that section!"

"I hate to say this, but if we wait for them the flames could reach the hydrogen, in which case we all die! So do as I order you to do, and execute Protocol Herculean!" shouted John-Loukas.

"As you wish." The officer turned a key on his console.

There was a rumbling as thousands of gallons of ballast water were suddenly released from their holding chambers, rushing through the lower regions of the ship and dousing all flames. Looking out of the corner of his eye, John-Loukas saw water cascading out of the exhaust pipes and gaps in the hull, carrying with it all forty flailing crewmen over the edge into the abyss that was the sky.

"All fires accounted for," said the officer.

"Very well, get engines one and two fully operational!" ordered John-Loukas.

"Sir, even if we did, and I am pretty sure we can, we still wouldn't be able to outrun the communists," said Laskaris, "Their ship is too advanced and too fast."

John-Loukas leaned over. "I wasn't saying we retreat," he whispered.

"The reactionaries reveal themselves for who they really are," said the man, "Cowards, throwing away the lives of the proletariat as if they were trash. The reactionaries declare the wars, while the proletariat fights the battles. In war, the proletariat loses. But not today. Today, we have triumphed over the reactionaries in Constantinople! Today, the revolution will succeed!"

"Not on my watch," said John-Loukas, "Laskaris, full speed ahead."

The first officer smiled. "Yes, sir."

Laskaris gunned the throttle, and the Empress Veronica lurched forward, towards the port side of the Aiden Gray.

The voice came back, more panicked now. "What are you doing? Stop! Surrender to the proletariat at once!"

"I will never surrender to any traitor to the Empire!" said John-Loukas. "For Emperor and Empire!"

The Empress Veronica rammed into the side of the Aiden Gray, and both ships tumbled from the heavens, towards the earth below.

Nestorius takes his head out of his hands and looks at the other senators. He knew he would have to share the info he had gathered from Hairini and decided to just do it. He stood up. "If you all don't mind, I would like to share some info I had gathered from a source regarding Australia and Aoteorea," he said.

"As we know from last week, Aoteorea is ruled by a dictator, while Australia is ruled by what seems to be a cabal of businessmen. According to my source, both parties, the Aoteorean dictator and the Australian businessmen, are natives of their respective islands; Māori and Aboriginal Australians respectively. The Aoteorean dictator goes by the name of Tane, and his dictatorship has been instituting some fairly shocking rules. His forces routinely check those who have some connection to the Empire," he said as he gave Hairini a glance, "as well as enforcing segregation for non-Māori people, whilst differentiating between newly arrived immigrants and settlers from non-Māori born on the island itself. They spoke of depressing ghettos. And, according to my source, some of their policies are being borrowed from the Australians, who are reportedly even worse than the dictatorship. By the way they spoke of the rumors they had heard, non-Aborigines people are even worse off there," he revealed in a worried tone.

"It may not be much, but I knew this info had to be shared," he stated, as he sat back down. Hairini looked at him worryingly. She hoped that the info would vivify at least one of the senators.

Oh dear, Racism? Excuse me for a moment everyone, but cover your ears or leave the room if you don't like loud noises.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?! ARE YOU ACTUALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW?! THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE! WHY IS AUSTRALIA EVEN A DICTATORSHIP? THIS SHOULD NOT EVEN BE HAPPENING!"

"Julius, the cult has influenced many people and many influential people has convinced the citizens to rise up-" Senator Doukas began.

"SO WHAT! OUR PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE EDUCATED,NOT A BUNCH OF PEASANTS! IT'S SICKENING! ALL MY LIFE I HAVE BELIEVED IN THE ORDINARY NATIVE TO SEE LIGHT AND ASSIMILATE INTO ROMAN CULTURE PEACEFULLY, AND THAT HAS ALL BEEN SHATTERED! AND WHAT ABOUT CHINA! THOSE BASTARDS HAVEN'T HELPED US ONE BIT, THANK GOD THE UTA HAS JOINED AGAINST THE NORTHERN ALLIANCE, THOSE UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS. WE HAVE BOUGHT LIGHT AND TECHNOLOGY TO A DARK EUROPE AND THIS IS HOW THEY REPAY US!
*Julius sits down, calming down a bit*

I
once met an Australian family while travelling in Australia when I was 16. They were nice people, offered me food and water and helped me to Sydney. They believed in the empire, and wished for it's eternal life. Now, after all these events,I am shattered. Hairini, I apologise for all these events regarding your family. Hopefully, you will find them.

Now, let us crack some skulls, shall we?

Nestorius and Hairini were both blown away by Julius' reaction to the news. They didn't expect that kind of vilification, especially Hairini.

She spoke; "T-Thank you for your kind words, Senator Marco," she said nervously, "but you must remember that many immigrants and settlers who come to Oceania are racist as well. Regarding education, I would be willing to bet that those in power there currently are highly educated and are using their intelligence to take power. We natives want to assimilate, to consider ourselves Roman, but with how we are treated, we end up assuming that you don't want us to be that. In fact, that's what I feared the most when I started working overseas, but I am relieved to have experienced a lack of racism in my time in Europa. I was humbled by your kindness," she told the senate. "And I doubt any Cult is involved in Oceania; most natives follow either a syncretic faith, combining Christianity and their local beliefs, or just Christianity outright. And because of the aforementioned racism, I doubt any native asking for independence would ask help from people not their own race," she explained.

Nestorius spoke up; "And one has to ask; what is truly Roman? We may be Romans now, but in the times of antiquity, the Romans were Italics who ended up conquering the land we stand in now. They brought the culture of the ancient Greeks into their own, syncretising it with their own. Perhaps we should do the same too. I mean, if it weren't for this fact, then how did Gaul, Iberia and other such territories allow themselves to be enveloped by Greco-Roman culture?" he asked the Senate.

Julius. This kind of sentiment is the reason we are in this mess. Instead of working with each other for the benefit of the Empire, we are arguing and even killing each other over racial differences! If we are to survive and save the Empire, we must work together. Keep in mind that the Old Empire fell when the people failed to work together to oppose the barbarians and instead killed each other. We must not let that occur again! Calm down, because if we fall apart, the Cult could bring us all down by exploiting our rivalries, and then we will all die.

"To be Roman is to speak Greek and embrace the ideas and values of Rhomaion. You can be born as far from the bells of the Hagia Sophia as it is possible to be on this green earth and still be a Roman if you believe that you are. Remember: One God, one Emperor, one people."

((Burn the Heretics!))

Okay...Yes.. thank you. I apologise for my outbreak earlier.
Speaking of which, I think something here is odd. God loves us, yes? He punishes sinners, does he not? Then, pray tell, why is he allowing this? Hell, why did god even let catastrophe's in the past happen! The bible says love thy neighbour, and treat everyone as you wish to be treated, and that hasn't stopped prejudice, or hate. Also, what is religion? Believing in a god, but the religions just interpret it differently.

"I am not qualified to debate on theodicy or the nature of God, Senator Marco. Perhaps you should ask a priest?"

hmmm... good idea.

"Aren't the values and ideals of Rhomaion ever changing, Senator Angelos?" Nestorius asked. Hairini stepped in. "While this discussion over Romanity is an important one, I think discussing what to do over both the rebellions and the war against the Northern Alliance would be significantly more important."

"Good point. We can continue this discussion after all the warring has passed," Nestorius said. "Now, does anyone have any idea how we are going to go about the wars?"

My suggestion: withdraw as many legions to the borders and hold the line there, while other legions try to defeat as many rebel factions as quickly as possible. Once at least the European rebels are defeated, we can focus on defeating the Northern Alliance (this means probably abandoning Australia and Aoteorea for the time being, my apologies). Hit Germany and the Central European members first, then go after Russia. But it's up to the Emperor to decide what to do.

How much men can the russians pull up, and what is their equipment? I would like to think we have superiority in the equipment field.

We do not have enough Legions to even attempt an offensive that has a reasonable amount of success. We must mobilize every single able bodied male in this Empire and rush them to the borders. We will have to abandon Italia, land to the East of Romania, and land north of the Caucasus. Guyana must also be given up. With the shorter lines, our decisive advantage as the defender in home terrain will show and we will take down 10 enemies for each Roman. Africa will be easily subdued as will North America. India, this time, is a useless ally as their navy is too small to transport their armies to where they are needed.

I never advocated for a primarily offensive strategy; I only advised that we withdraw all of our legions to our own borders to hold off the Russians, while on the side we send a few legions to defeat the smallest rebel factions. I hope that clarifies everything up.

We simply do not have the men to do what you propose. We must mobilize, shorten our borders, and hold in defensive terrain. We do not have enough troops to simultaneously bring back into the fold some of weaker rebel factions while holding off the Northern Alliance. We must wait for India and the UTA to come reinforce us.

I BEG YOUR PARDON?!

Abandon my family's vineyards to those rebel scum? I'll march into Italy myself and take them out single-handedly before I see my family estate touched by those traitors! And to even suggest letting Rome fall is absurd. Even with our capital at Constantinople, there is no Roman Empire without Rome.

- Senator Raphael Favero

There will be no Roman Empire without victory in this war. We must do what is necessary to win this war. Are you calling the Eastern Roman Empire unroman? How dare you insult our ancestors! If we do not shorten the land we need to defend, we will be crushed in this war. For the greater good.

-Temporary Senator Palaiologos

Give our ancestors are dead, it would make more sense for us to survive instead of attempting and failing to keep their estates safe.

"Then we agree that our revered ancestors have nothing to do with the issue and that bringing them up just hinders discussion."

So says the reactionary...

ah, the hypocrites in this Senate.

"As I recall, it was the fascist who brought up their ancestors first, but as has been noted, there are hypocrites in the Boule."

Order! Order! I will not having us giving in to petty arguments while we are at war! We are senators and Romans! We must unite together against the rebel scum and the Russian menace, or else we will all die!

((Insert inspiring speech here because I suck at speechwriting:p))

((INSPIRING INSPIRING))
Julius sniffs.
That speech was truly inspiring, Doukas. Our boys in the legions could use it.
Here is a propoganda poster I am using to help recruitment.
View attachment 171417

Senators, We thank you for your insights. It is still too early to make too great of plans, but We hope the situation will continue to stabilize quickly. We hope Our citizens will not suffer under these rebellious regimes for long, and that the northern barbarians will be thrown back yet again. We will hold a new meeting when there is more news. In the meanwhile, We will most often be found at the Hagia Sophia, where the Patriarch is holding continual prayer services for the Empire and its citizens.

Last edited:
102. The Time of Troubles, the First 58 Days - The Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere - 24 June 1910
June 24, 1910

Senators,

There has been much news in the past week. As might be expected, XXIII. Legio was immediately attacked by German forces after the declaration of war. Simultaneously, a German fleet moved to block the transports from being ready to extract the legion. The North Sea Fleet attacked the German fleet, though most of the German fleet slipped away. Both battles are still under way.

XXIX. Legio had escaped to a safe location in Pannonia, when yet more of their regiments declared for Burgundy. XXVIII. Legio had hoped to rest and recover a little, but immediately moved to assist XXIX. Legio.

Transports arrived in Quiberon Bay to extract VI. Legio from La Roche. They are expected to have fully boarded the transports by 3 July.

On 22 June, Persia gave India military access, so India may yet be able to assist the Empire.

Also on 22 June, XXV. Legio reported that they had completed destroyed all British forces in Guyana, making it secure for now.

On 23 June, XI. Legio was dropped off on the Cocos Islands, and the transport fleet moved to rescue XXXII. Legio from Java. They are expected to arrive on 4 July.

Thus far, We have not seen to much action from the Northern Alliance. There are scattered German forces in the Alps, and a Russian army in Stavropol, but no other forces of note in the heartland of the Empire. A few armies have left the Scottish and English colonies in Africa, but once the rebels are defeated, the local Legions should be able to fight them off. However, Ukraine is being attacked by both Russia and Poland-Lithuania. It is too early to see how this will go, but We are not confident.

In potentially good news, Japan and Ming have formed what they call the 'Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere', and even swapped some land to cement the treaty. We hope this may distract Russia.
102-24.png

Last edited:
"As I recall, it was the fascist who brought up their ancestors first, but as has been noted, there are hypocrites in the Boule."

Order! Order! I will not having us giving in to petty arguments while we are at war! We are senators and Romans! We must unite together against the rebel scum and the Russian menace, or else we will all die!

((Insert inspiring speech here because I suck at speechwriting:p))

Reactions:
((INSPIRING INSPIRING))
Julius sniffs.

That speech was truly inspiring, Doukas. Our boys in the legions could use it.
Here is a propoganda poster I am using to help recruitment.
Unknown.jpeg

Reactions:
((Sometimes I feel like the squabbling between Patrikioi and the Varangians is like Clinton and Sanders - they have very similar platforms, but one is more extreme than the other and neither is terribly distinct from the other.))

Reactions:
Workers Revolutionary Army HQ. - Brest Fortress

Gathered to listen to the Workers Beacon of Hope and Chairperson of the Workers Combined International Armed Forces - Layla Gray, daughter and granddaughter of the Senatorial Gray family, are representatives from France, Brittania, emissaries from the Northern Alliance and Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere and the entire parliament of Brittany.

Men and Women of the Revolution, I have received word from Paris that our superweapon the Aiden Gray has managed to bring the Imperial death machine to the ground. However it too has been lost and all on board as well. With sadness we acknowledge the martyrdom of those on board.

However to business, we welcome our guests from the North and the East. Our proposal is simple that each of us hve much to gain with the demise of the Empire, we may have differing goals and our visions for the future vary but as my French counterparts have noted recently to the German ambassador until the threat of the Empire has passed we are all at risk of gaining naught but extermination.

The threats and insults coming from the capital prove that if they had their way our cities would be torn down and our citizens enslaved or worse. Or proposal is simple, though no formal alliance will exist between the Workers Combine and either the Northern Alliance or the GACOS, we will not engage in hostilities and will allow passage of troops through our respective territories in order to better co-ordinate this war against the true enemy.

The various workers parliaments have agreed so we provide you with the various agreements for you to take to your superiors for approval, with that if there is no other business you will have to excuse me as we still have battles to fight.

Reactions:
((I have finally caught up Idhrendur, having started with your first doomed attempt at a Byzantine megacampaign. Great work in keeping things interesting throughout.))

(( Thanks! ))

102. The Time of Troubles, the First 58 Days - Senate Responses
Workers Revolutionary Army HQ. - Brest Fortress

Gathered to listen to the Workers Beacon of Hope and Chairperson of the Workers Combined International Armed Forces - Layla Gray, daughter and granddaughter of the Senatorial Gray family, are representatives from France, Brittania, emissaries from the Northern Alliance and Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere and the entire parliament of Brittany.

Men and Women of the Revolution, I have received word from Paris that our superweapon the Aiden Gray has managed to bring the Imperial death machine to the ground. However it too has been lost and all on board as well. With sadness we acknowledge the martyrdom of those on board.

However to business, we welcome our guests from the North and the East. Our proposal is simple that each of us hve much to gain with the demise of the Empire, we may have differing goals and our visions for the future vary but as my French counterparts have noted recently to the German ambassador until the threat of the Empire has passed we are all at risk of gaining naught but extermination.

The threats and insults coming from the capital prove that if they had their way our cities would be torn down and our citizens enslaved or worse. Or proposal is simple, though no formal alliance will exist between the Workers Combine and either the Northern Alliance or the GACOS, we will not engage in hostilities and will allow passage of troops through our respective territories in order to better co-ordinate this war against the true enemy.

The various workers parliaments have agreed so we provide you with the various agreements for you to take to your superiors for approval, with that if there is no other business you will have to excuse me as we still have battles to fight.

Last edited:
102. The Time of Troubles, the First 58 Days - The GACPS Expands - 1 July 1910
July 1, 1910

Senators,

Again, there is not detailed news on the war front. You should know that Italian incursions into Pannonia and Naples have been thrown back, but the legions now desperately need time to recover. Meanwhile, new incursions have begun.

XXIII. Legio made an excellent showing for themselves in Amsterdam, and should board their transport fleet by the fifth.
102-25.png

The only legion still in danger is XXXXII. Legio in Batavia, and it seems there is a chance they might win their battle, despite the 60,000 enemies they have faced since the outbreak of the rebellion. Nevertheless, the South East Asia Transports will arrive on 4 July.

We fully expect Pannonia to be cleared of rebels within a week, at most, two. Once that is complete, recruitment of new regiments to bolster the legions in that region can begin.

In world news, the Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere has expanded. We now believe their interests will be opposed to both the Empire and the Northern Alliance. But what truly will happen is yet to be seen.
102-26.png

102-27.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
Nestorius wasn't really sure what to add to the conversations at the Senate. He wasn't much of a military man, so all he could do was praise the victories and hope for the best. He was however getting worried over Hairini. She had been trying to contact her family once more, to no avail. She had lost that wunderlust she had back when they arrived in the capital; she had become a nervous mess disguised in a calm skin. Nestorius tried to think of something to reassure her that everything was going to be fine, but nothing came to mind. He was looking over the balcony on the evening of the 30th of June, watching the city stay awake as Hairini slept. All of a sudden, he got an idea. He knew that he always worked better as a governor than a senator, especially when the news at the Senate consisted mostly of military events. He decided to go through with his idea tomorrow.

---

Nestorius stood up, ready to go through with his idea. "My Emperor, if I may ask something of you," he started, "I would like to be assigned the position of Governor of Aeteorea," he said. "I have learned much in my time as Governor of Naples, and I feel as though my abilities gained would allow me to serve as an able provisional governor," he stated. "However, as I have learned, a governor by himself cannot run a governorship. Those who have worked under me in Naples are excellent at their jobs, and thus I ask for them to join me in the provisional governorship," he asked him. Hairini looked at Nestorius in surprise.