• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My most royal Majesty, would it be impudent of me to request an update of those that that dare to call themselves our peers?

I am sure I speak for all senators when I say that we would like to be able to advise on those near us that should be brought closer to the imperial fold and which of these worthless "Great Powers" we should crush beneath the legions heels.

Reactions:
86. 1837-1839 - Diplomatic Details
My most royal Majesty, would it be impudent of me to request an update of those that that dare to call themselves our peers?

I am sure I speak for all senators when I say that we would like to be able to advise on those near us that should be brought closer to the imperial fold and which of these worthless "Great Powers" we should crush beneath the legions heels.

Certainly not, Senator Γκρέυ!

A clerk quickly leaves the hall and returns a surprisingly short time later with a stack of broadsheets which are distributed to the Senators.

86-25.png

Last edited:
Congratulations to you, my Empress, on your marriage. Perhaps one day your husband's home may be freed from the control of the perfidious Russians.

It is unfortunate that Poland was unwilling to accept our protection as the Livonian Order did. Are they still amiable to an alliance though? ((I'm guessing not because you can usually only ally one great power and that would be Germany.))

Castille is most unwise to interfere in Ethiopia, a nation of great importance to the Empire. ((Where exactly is Castille located if not in Iberia?))

- Michelangelo Favero

Reactions:
Empress, would the Hungarians be amiable to our protection? Would be useful in any war in the East and stop the Bavarians from stealing their lands piecemeal.

Senator Γκρέυ

((The second should be Gray. I just put my name in a Greek convertor, so like the man with a chinese symbol tattoo, who knows what it actually says.))

Reactions:
May I be amongst the first to offer my warmest congratulations, most esteemed basilissa, on the occasion of your marriage? I am sure that kaisar Yevhen will make a spl,endid match for you, sebaste."

~ Kyriakos Angelos

(Sebaste = feminine version of "esteemed/venerable one". Kaisar = a royal title, originally meaning "Caesar".)

Reactions:
Congratulations on your Marriage Veronica, may it be long and produce many heirs. Now down to business and first I would like to support Michelangelo Favero in his support for both an alliance with Poland and increased influence in Ethiopia. I want to condone the colonization of Australia and hope for further colonial expansion across the world. The maps should be painted purple! I also want to address Veronica's interest in the UTA and all I can say is they are not fit for our influence. They are a bunch of tribal barbarians who can't survive in a civil society. We must sail our Legions across the Atlantic Ocean and destroy them before they grow to powerful for us to handle.

I know I have said that about the Germans and the Rus but we cannot run anymore on the assumption that we will be the unchallenged masters of the world for much longer. I see powerful rivals in the UTA, Rus and the Germans, enemies that must be destroyed before they can kill us. I want also want to congratulate both the Empress and the Royal Engineers in finally bringing our Legions up to scratch. I further hope that we can become pioneers in the military field.

- Potitus Caristanius Gallio

Last edited:
Reactions:
We have Livonian Order in our sphere, which is good. I must say that news from Poland are unfortunate, but from broadsheets provided by clerk we can tell that situation with Poland is not stable. Germany and Livonian Order, our allies and friends, have cores on them. Poland is ignoring Russia, our common threat. Also, they seem eager to expand internally*. I can suggest nothing less radical than partition of Poland, which I consider the best option to stop russian threat in Europe. Having in mind that Poland has no allies, it is higly possible that, if we don't do it, Russia will.

Alexios Damaskinos

(( * - Somebody noticed that Poland is one of four countries that have any points in industry? In my opinion, it means that they can soon be stronger than Mexihco and Bavaria, being 4th Great Power))

Reactions:
I wish you and your new husband a lifetime of happiness, your Majesty. I also believe the recommendation to restore Blachernae and provide for us the use of a palace for affairs would be must conductive to the nature of the state -- However, I hear there are problems arising between non-Greeks and Greeks in the Western regions. I take great interest in this, as my home lies in the lands settled by the Burgundians -- for my mother herself was one of them. I am of Greek cloth, but I accept my barbarian ancestry as it helps me better and civilize those in the West -- my suggestion is that we seek to co-opt their support, rather than grind down their cultural heritage into dust. We are Romans, let us make them Romans through education and noble rule, not through beating them down.

- Konstantinos Galatias

Reactions:
Introducing Georgios Blenchard, a member of the Christianikoú Kómmatos Metarrýthmisi̱ party, born in 1798 in Paris, France. A Franco-Greek family led to his odd name; he is mainly concerned with the plight of non-Greeks, and wants to fight for their rights. This often puts him at loggerheads with his colleagues. Besides that, he is a normal social reform liberal, strongly against the military, for reform and decentralisation to some degree, and for interventionism.

Reactions:
86. 1837-1839 - Responses and replies
Congratulations to you, my Empress, on your marriage. Perhaps one day your husband's home may be freed from the control of the perfidious Russians.

It is unfortunate that Poland was unwilling to accept our protection as the Livonian Order did. Are they still amiable to an alliance though? ((I'm guessing not because you can usually only ally one great power and that would be Germany.))

Castille is most unwise to interfere in Ethiopia, a nation of great importance to the Empire. ((Where exactly is Castille located if not in Iberia?))

- Michelangelo Favero

Empress, would the Hungarians be amiable to our protection? Would be useful in any war in the East and stop the Bavarians from stealing their lands piecemeal.

Senator Γκρέυ

((The second should be Gray. I just put my name in a Greek convertor, so like the man with a chinese symbol tattoo, who knows what it actually says.))

May I be amongst the first to offer my warmest congratulations, most esteemed basilissa, on the occasion of your marriage? I am sure that kaisar Yevhen will make a spl,endid match for you, sebaste."

~ Kyriakos Angelos

(Sebaste = feminine version of "esteemed/venerable one". Kaisar = a royal title, originally meaning "Caesar".)

Congratulations on your Marriage Veronica, may it be long and produce many heirs. Now down to business and first I would like to support Michelangelo Favero in his support for both an alliance with Poland and increased influence in Ethiopia. I want to condone the colonization of Australia and hope for further colonial expansion across the world. The maps should be painted purple! I also want to address Veronica's interest in the UTA and all I can say is they are not fit for our influence. They are a bunch of tribal barbarians who can't survive in a civil society. We must sail our Legions across the Atlantic Ocean and destroy them before they grow to powerful for us to handle.

I know I have said that about the Germans and the Rus but we cannot run anymore on the assumption that we will be the unchallenged masters of the world for much longer. I see powerful rivals in the UTA, Rus and the Germans, enemies that must be destroyed before they can kill us. I want also want to congratulate both the Empress and the Royal Engineers in finally bringing our Legions up to scratch. I further hope that we can become pioneers in the military field.

- Potitus Caristanius Gallio

We have Livonian Order in our sphere, which is good. I must say that news from Poland are unfortunate, but from broadsheets provided by clerk we can tell that situation with Poland is not stable. Germany and Livonian Order, our allies and friends, have cores on them. Poland is ignoring Russia, our common threat. Also, they seem eager to expand internally*. I can suggest nothing less radical than partition of Poland, which I consider the best option to stop russian threat in Europe. Having in mind that Poland has no allies, it is higly possible that, if we don't do it, Russia will.

Alexios Damaskinos

(( * - Somebody noticed that Poland is one of four countries that have any points in industry? In my opinion, it means that they can soon be stronger than Mexihco and Bavaria, being 4th Great Power))

I wish you and your new husband a lifetime of happiness, your Majesty. I also believe the recommendation to restore Blachernae and provide for us the use of a palace for affairs would be must conductive to the nature of the state -- However, I hear there are problems arising between non-Greeks and Greeks in the Western regions. I take great interest in this, as my home lies in the lands settled by the Burgundians -- for my mother herself was one of them. I am of Greek cloth, but I accept my barbarian ancestry as it helps me better and civilize those in the West -- my suggestion is that we seek to co-opt their support, rather than grind down their cultural heritage into dust. We are Romans, let us make them Romans through education and noble rule, not through beating them down.

- Konstantinos Galatias

Senators,

Thank you for your insight. We shall research what approaches can be taken to Poland. We fear they will not be amenable to an alliance, and the Westphalian system may make a partition impossible. Yet there should be some means of containing Russian expansion into Europe. Hungary as well will be approached.

But for the immediate future, We suspect that there can be no extended military campaigns. The Imperial stockpiles can only supply the Legions for a short time. It seems we have entered an age where a nation's industry is the greatest factor in its strength.

We thank you for you amenability towards the restoration of Blachernae as a royal palace. The restoration will commence immediately.

Finally, We will strongly consider approaches to non-Greeks within the Empire that are less harsh.

Until, the next address, Senators.

(( I think that's sufficient for me to go and play some more!

For the record, Castille was driven from Iberia to the Azores in the EU3 era (I couldn't tell quite when from my updates, I may dig into the saves to see more), and it amused me to let them persist on their islands. They have a minor African colony now, too. Somehow they got lots of culture, prestige, and tradition in EU3, so they're a GP now. It won't last too much longer, I think. ))

Introducing Georgios Blenchard, a member of the Christianikoú Kómmatos Metarrýthmisi̱ party, born in 1798 in Paris, France. A Franco-Greek family led to his odd name; he is mainly concerned with the plight of non-Greeks, and wants to fight for their rights. This often puts him at loggerheads with his colleagues. Besides that, he is a normal social reform liberal, strongly against the military, for reform and decentralisation to some degree, and for interventionism.

(( Welcome! You've been added on the character page! ))

Your Highness, would it be unwise to ask for an update on the world outside of Europe?
In addition, our education system must be reformed. We cannot continue relying only on our Greek populations to manage our government and man our military. Many of the non-Greeks are every bit as Roman and loyal to you as the Greeks, and if they are not treated as such they will resent your rule and attempt to rebel. Our education system must educate all of our people the same way, as Romans. The benefits of this universal education system will be that there will be more intellectuals and professionals, each one fully loyal to you. With these intellectuals and professionals we can usher in a golden age of culture and science, the Age of Nike! Then your Majesty will be remembered for all time by the people of the world!

Reactions:
Your Highness, I have come to ask a trivial question and then a serious one. Do you prefer Your Highness, Your Excellency, or Empress when we address you? On to the serious question, what is the current status of Africa and it's colonial powers?

Reactions:
(( Oh no! I had though I had made it clear that session of the Senate was over. I've certainly already started playing. We'll consider these to be messages sent to the palace. What details would you like on the world outside Europe? ))

((I just need to pay more attention my apologies. Are you planning to bring this farther than Vic 2? Or end it here? Or is a surprise :p))

Reactions:
((I just need to pay more attention my apologies. Are you planning to bring this farther than Vic 2? Or end it here? Or is a surprise :p))

(( Well, today I wrote this on the Vic2ToHoI3 Converter thread, so… ))
I've implemented political parties. It is documented here if you want to add a link to the OP.

((The sound of Imperial panzers rolling through Moscow does have a certain ring to it.))

Reactions: