• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(( VI. Legio and XXIIIa. Legio are waiting for transport fleets to arrive to pick them up. They'll have to avoid enemies until the 19th and 20th of June.

I've edited Italy appropriately, and intend that if they or Burgundy occupy territory, I'll edit to be controlled by them. Well, depending on how that affects war score calculations.

Can you provide more detail on suggested builds for the legions? Our combat width is currently 15. It'll go down later, but that's next decade's problem. ))

(( VI. Legio and XXIIIa. Legio are waiting for transport fleets to arrive to pick them up. They'll have to avoid enemies until the 19th and 20th of June.

I've edited Italy appropriately, and intend that if they or Burgundy occupy territory, I'll edit to be controlled by them. Well, depending on how that affects war score calculations.

Can you provide more detail on suggested builds for the legions? Our combat width is currently 15. It'll go down later, but that's next decade's problem. ))
((Uh- oh, I chose the wrong legion to get destroyed. Hmmm, how do I fix this... rename and pretend it never happened?

You should feel out the whole frontline with four cavalry and 11 infantry, then I would say 10 artillery and three engineers. Later, I would replace a few infantry with tanks and a few artillery with aeroplanes.))

Reactions:
What should we do with the Empress Veronica, which as you know is the militarized and renamed La France airship? Should we send it on reconnaissance missions or bombing runs? And where should it be deployed?

((Private - Samarkand))

"Excellent...everything is going according to plan. Begin preparing for the final solution to destroy the Empire!"

Reactions:
What should we do with the Empress Veronica, which as you know is the militarized and renamed La France airship? Should we send it on reconnaissance missions or bombing runs? And where should it be deployed?

((Private - Samarkand))

"Excellent...everything is going according to plan. Begin preparing for the final solution to destroy the Empire!"
((Hey! The final solution is for the fascists to destroy the minorities!))

((Well, you guys can have the ULTIMATE solution, how about that? Sounds better too, eh?;)))

*Workers Army HQ, Rennes Brittany*

Chairperson Gray, we have received missives from Britannia, they have suffered a massive loss to the Legions and even now are being scattered and hunted across the island. However it seems that all Legions are leaving our territory, we feel that they will be withdrawn to the home lands. However we now face a much tougher fight as our troops are limited. - Random Plebian

The former Senator Gael has let us know that further nations seek to rip the Empire apart, we will have to be the jackal to their lion. Allow the Capitalists to fight amongst themselves and we will take the scraps. As long as we can maintain peace between the Marxists in the UK, the Anarchists in France and ourselves we will be able to grow our forces and subdue the neighbouring fascists.

Soon we will be powerful enough to take the fight to the rotting corpse of the Empire!

- Chairperson Gray, Head of the Brittany Workers Council

Reactions:
"Sir, we have arrived over Paris," said First Officer Michael Laskaris of the Empress Veronica. "What are your orders?"

"Fire at will," said Captain John-Loukas Picardie, "Make it so."

And the bombs fell all across Paris, flattening block after block of building and sending communists in all directions, scampering for cover as the Empress Veronica soared overhead in all of its imperial glory, utterly unopposed by any rebel forces.

Reactions:
This is quite worrisome. Tanks seem like an excellent solution at this point.
What was the population before the.... what should should I call them? Scum? Traitorous A**holes? Rose up. Then maybe we could define the population of each area and figure out how much men they can call up.

Reactions:
If you wish to be "politically correct," just say "rebels."

Reactions:

And the bombs fell all across Paris, flattening block after block of building and sending communists in all directions, scampering for cover as the Empress Veronica soared overhead in all of its imperial glory, utterly unopposed by any rebel forces.

((Don't you mean Ioannes-Loukas Picard? :p Besides, how are we supposed to always have Paris now?!))

((Don't you mean Ioannes-Loukas Picard? :p Besides, how are we supposed to always have Paris now?!))
((Frak, should've done that, but I already have an Ioannes character, so better to call him John-Loukas because it sounds like Jean-Luc and won't confuse us.

And what do you mean by have Paris?))

(( It's a reference to this, which is itself a reference to Casablanca.
Also, for the sake of jiving with the in-game events, the Empress Veronica is going to have to be like the Paris Gun in WWI, scary for Paris but ultimately ineffective.

Edit: And I'll run with the suggestions for Australia and Aoteorea. I'll say something in character about it. ))

Last edited:
Reactions:
((It's been a while since I watched Casablanca and TNG, my references are a bit spotty. Also, yeah we'll just leave the zeppelin bomber as a really scary but not that effective war machine. Doesn't fit with the story if I can just rain destruction down on all of the rebels without any retaliation, right?:D))

Australia and Aoteorea both have not made any sort of contact with the Empire. The various technicians insist the telephone cables are intact, so We can only assume they are choosing not to send any messages. The few bits of information gathered from radio transmissions suggest Aoteorea has fallen sway to reactionaries, led by a single dictator. XI. Legio had intelligence suggesting Australia has fallen sway to 'Anarcho-Liberals', which seem to be a cabal of businessmen.

We will hold another meeting when We again have new information to share.

102. The Time of Troubles, the First 58 Days - Senate Responses
The loyalists in South Africa deserve the highest of honours. Three thousand men, all part of an artillery brigade, fending off five times their number is truly remarkable.

This Northern Alliance worries me. Who are they allying against and for what purpose? I can only assume they wish to take advantage of our state of weakness, for long have the rest of the world been jealous of our success and power.

- Senator Raphael Favero

The Northern Alliance is quickly becoming a major threat to the Empire. We must deal with the rebel scum as quickly as possible so we can deal with Russia.

For ease of communications, I would support making each army a legion in its own right. This would boost their morale and make it easier to identify each unit.

"Not only that, Favero, but those 3,000 men lost less than an eighth of their numbers, with each man called to God taking two dozen traitors with him. Surely, God is great! Further, I propose that Mikhael Papadopoulos be called to the Senate after the rebellion is over and awarded a medal for gallantry of the highest order."

"The expansion of the Northern Alliance is distressing. We'd face a 6 front war if they declared on us now," Nestorius thought aloud. "However, in these times, it is great to hear that more and more rebel regiments are being defeated," he said, as he thought of something. He turned to Hairini.

"Hairini, do you have any knowledge of what is happening in Oceania?" he asked her to her surprise. "Well..... no. I haven't had the chance to contact my family back home," she responded. Nestorius turned to the others. "Does anyone happen to know if the communication lines to Oceania are still up?"

I would recommend integration of several divisions of armor into each legion. These tanks show promise and potential. I fear that if we rely on sheer manpower too much, we could run into problems of the Northern Alliance begins using armor divisions. We must create legions consisting entirely of armor and use them to assault rebel positions with impunity. This way, on the battlefield we can quickly and decisive overwhelm our enemies with minimal casualties.

((Private - Samarkand))

*Workers Army HQ, Rennes Brittany*

Chairperson Gray, we have received missives from Britannia, they have suffered a massive loss to the Legions and even now are being scattered and hunted across the island. However it seems that all Legions are leaving our territory, we feel that they will be withdrawn to the home lands. However we now face a much tougher fight as our troops are limited. - Random Plebian

The former Senator Gael has let us know that further nations seek to rip the Empire apart, we will have to be the jackal to their lion. Allow the Capitalists to fight amongst themselves and we will take the scraps. As long as we can maintain peace between the Marxists in the UK, the Anarchists in France and ourselves we will be able to grow our forces and subdue the neighbouring fascists.

Soon we will be powerful enough to take the fight to the rotting corpse of the Empire!

- Chairperson Gray, Head of the Brittany Workers Council

"Sir, we have arrived over Paris," said First Officer Michael Laskaris of the Empress Veronica. "What are your orders?"

This is quite worrisome. Tanks seem like an excellent solution at this point.
What was the population before the.... what should should I call them? Scum? Traitorous A**holes? Rose up. Then maybe we could define the population of each area and figure out how much men they can call up.

If you wish to be "politically correct," just say "rebels."

Australia and Aoteorea both have not made any sort of contact with the Empire. The various technicians insist the telephone cables are intact, so We can only assume they are choosing not to send any messages. The few bits of information gathered from radio transmissions suggest Aoteorea has fallen sway to reactionaries, led by a single dictator. XI. Legio had intelligence suggesting Australia has fallen sway to 'Anarcho-Liberals', which seem to be a cabal of businessmen.

We will hold another meeting when We again have new information to share.

Last edited:
102. The Time of Troubles, the First 58 Days - The Great War - 17 June 1910
June 17, 1910

Senators,

It is as we all feared. The Northern Alliance has declared war on the Empire and its allies. However, before We review the details of this new war, let us discuss the events of the past week.
102-21.png

On 11 June, XXXV. Legio sent its rebellious regiments into retreat. It abandoned its former plan to clear the Greater Congo region of Jacobin rebels until it could recruit new men into its depleted regiments. Instead, it chased the survivors of the disloyal regiments to Kribi, where they were completely destroyed on 13 June.
102-19.png

XXXXIV. Legio had cleared Naples from all other rebels, so attacked an Italian army in Bologna on 12 June. The battle is not yet decided.

XXIX. Legio had waged a desperate defense against Jacobin rebels after most of their regiments had declared for Italy and abandoned them in the midst of battle. They were preparing to break out and escape the battlefield when the rebels instead routed. Nevertheless, XXIX. Legio retreated to a more secure location.
102-20.png

XVI. Legio successfully extracted from South Africa, their transports immediately sailing for the Mediterranean where they would be sorely needed.

And We begin to question the integrity of the press. No, no, Senator Doukas, We will allow them to continue to freely publish without harassment. But do check to see if this is the result of outside influence, and if so, what that influence might be.
102-22.png

So now, the war with the Northern Alliance. This map shows the extent of the allies willing to aid the Empire, and the extent of the Northern Alliance. We believe the former plan to withdraw the legions to the heartland of the Empire is still sound, though holding the borders with the Northern Alliance may be difficult. We hope to reclaim rebel territory in order to allow ourselves to recruit more legions to fight the greater war, but the next few weeks will show the viability of that plan.
102-23.png

Last edited:
"Germany is our natural ally," say the French. We should bring up the matter of Alsace-Lorraine with them.

Those barbarians in Russia and Germany! For the second time in the Empire's history, the barbarians are invading us! We must rally all of our troops to defeat them and put them in their place! The Ministry of Security is getting in touch with subversive units such as radical communists and fascists within Russia and Germany to see if they can help us bring down our enemies. Of course, I shall only give the green light on your command.

Reactions:
donut fear
{{What'd the pastries ever do to you?

Anyways, the interaction part of the IAAR is creating some interesting results. I want Britannia to win.}}

Reactions: