• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 1Like
Reactions:
How can you make such maps? Some hotkey?

Those ones were edited using GIMP. The necessary steps were something like:
1. Output a culture map and a normal countries map.
2. Create a second layer on the culture map by copying the first layer.
3. Set the brush color to the terra incognita map color.
4. Use the select by color option on the ocean.
5. Use the invert selection option to select all land.
6. Use the fill with color option to turn all land that color.
7. Open the countries map.
8. Use select by color to select the area of interest.
9. Copy it
10. Use it as a filter between the two layers on the other image. I forget the details of how I did it, unfortunately.

Reactions:
A comment and a request. Firstly, that's quite an impressive spread of Greek culture you managed to get; my culture always seems to spread dismally slowly (though I suppose realistically speaking that's good, but when I do get it in decent amounts it always seems to just pop up in random provinces, like a Norwegian Salerno and then it spreads to the rest of Sicily). Secondly, is it possible I could get a copy of the end of part 1? I'd love to have a better look at parts of that and maybe have a move into EU3 myself with it once I'm done with that one save I uploaded to the converter mod thread (the one with the Merchant France and Theocratic spain; it's far more competitive than most conversions end up being, which is nice, especially since Russia converted to its heresy in the last couple years so I'm having a hell of a time getting it under control and properly following the true faith)

• 1Like
Reactions:
A comment and a request. Firstly, that's quite an impressive spread of Greek culture you managed to get; my culture always seems to spread dismally slowly (though I suppose realistically speaking that's good, but when I do get it in decent amounts it always seems to just pop up in random provinces, like a Norwegian Salerno and then it spreads to the rest of Sicily). Secondly, is it possible I could get a copy of the end of part 1? I'd love to have a better look at parts of that and maybe have a move into EU3 myself with it once I'm done with that one save I uploaded to the converter mod thread (the one with the Merchant France and Theocratic spain; it's far more competitive than most conversions end up being, which is nice, especially since Russia converted to its heresy in the last couple years so I'm having a hell of a time getting it under control and properly following the true faith)

The culture spread is from purposefully placing Greek rulers with high stewardship in control of things whenever possible. That increases the rate of culture spread. As well, if the religion has yet to flip, there's an event that will do both at once. It's rare, but that's how you frequently get the randomly-placed conversions.

As for the save: if you'd like a converted one, it's with the test results for the converter here. If you'd like the CK2 save, I have the full set of saves here (I think I got the permissions correct). This evening I can upload just the final save, as the full set of saves is huge.

Reactions:
The culture spread is from purposefully placing Greek rulers with high stewardship in control of things whenever possible. That increases the rate of culture spread. As well, if the religion has yet to flip, there's an event that will do both at once. It's rare, but that's how you frequently get the randomly-placed conversions.
Yes, I know that's how it works and I do intentionally work towards that goal; the MTTH just seems to hate me for that event such as my last Britannia game only ending up with I think 3 Irish provinces in Scotland When they were ruled for 300 years and maybe one in Wales/England (though my religious conversions usually seem exceptionally smooth, so I guess it balances out)
Idhrendur said:
This evening I can upload just the final save, as the full set of saves is huge.
Thanks, 1.8 gigs is indeed a rather large batch of files.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
Thank you. Dear, I hadn't quite noticed how scattered the golden horde was before this. It's like its vassals are playing a game of four corners and the Roman Empire is the caller. (yay awkward similes)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Thank you. Dear, I hadn't quite noticed how scattered the golden horde was before this. It's like its vassals are playing a game of four corners and the Roman Empire is the caller. (yay awkward similes)

I was purposefully not focusing too much on what happened outside the Empire in my writing, but yeah. Their rise and fall was crazy. They pretty quickly conquered what we consider Russia, and about that time switched to Orthodox. They still nabbed through Poland, Scandinavia, and all the North Sea islands. And they held it. They even inherited the Il-Khanate (which conquered everything east and south of the Empire, and also converted to Orthodox). The Timurids grabbed much of the south (as can be seen in the save). And then just a few years before I ended it, the Golden Horde just fell apart. That's a good part of the reason I talk about rolling back culture flips in the mod thread. It's crazy (but left them with such random territory).

Reactions:
I know you said you were working on your own converter but now that paradox has said a ck2 to eu4 converter comes with an eu4 pre-order are you going to do that instead?

I'm not sure. I'll have to see how well their converter works, and if it's even possible to keep playing in CK2 until 1444.

But man, that would be awesome.

Reactions:
I'm not sure. I'll have to see how well their converter works, and if it's even possible to keep playing in CK2 until 1444.

But man, that would be awesome.

You have increased my expectations now!

• 1Like
Reactions:
You can transfer from any date in CK2, it just ports directly to EUIV 1444 no matter what date.

True, but a 30 year gap in the narrative just seems silly to me. Also, I'm not sure how good their support will be for older saves.

• 1Like
Reactions:
True, but a 30 year gap in the narrative just seems silly to me. Also, I'm not sure how good their support will be for older saves.
Very true. The saves might be a problem, unless it can run with ToG. (Live stream) I'm hoping my AAR save will be fine, as it is also running ToG

• 1Like
Reactions: