• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(21575)

Second Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
This is a Japanese AAR I'll be starting, i'll edit this post to add the starting information and opening moves.

The Empire of Japan as of 1, January 1936.
screensave0thumb12fd.jpg

Jan 1, 1936: Emperor Hirohito himself has ordered a complete modernization of the army, and Japanese heavy industry.

Several contracts are awarded:
Aichi is to design a new type of intercepter for our glorious army.
Mitsui is to research newer machinery, to power our industry.
Hino Automobile is to research newer models of field artilery.
Kawaski is to modernize the countries agricultural sector.

screensave2thumb0wy.jpg

This information circulates among Japans officer pool, and raises a brow among many a naval officer. Admiral Osami is the first to complain, about the lack of any great naval investment.

"How are we to return to the glory days of Tsushima if my navy rusts in the harbors!?" He cries over the phone.

"The Empire has no intention of going to war with any great naval power, in the foreseeable future." Comes the disheartening reply.

The Emperor decides on a risky course of action, and with the countries small amount of resources undertakes the construction of 3 factories on the Japanese Mainland.

This ties up our production capabilities for an entire year, so hopefully it pays off.

Also during this time, Trade agreements are concluded with Siam, Manchukuo, and the USA, the most significant being the trade for rare materials from Russia, and the 4 oil a day provided by the USA. This will allow our armies, to march across the entirety of the Co-Prosperity sphere.

All infantry units on the Shanxi-Manchuckuo border are prioritized for supplies and the latest equipment. This will ensure any threat posed by the chinese will be negligable at best.

Last edited:
Great start! Can't wait to see what happens with the Orient!

February 1st: All infrastructure along the Shanxi border is ordered to be updated, and several of the Infantry units are being refitted with more modern equipment.

On February 26th, several junior officers, in collaboration with several of the countries ministers stage a coup, and try to sieze power. Communications, are interupted, and several hostages are taken. The Emperor orders this coup be crushed immediatley, and so the idealistic upstarts are annihalated. This would forever be known as the 2-2-6 incident.

March 7th brought with it some interesting news. The ambitious leader of Germany reoccupied the rhineland further straining relations between the great powers in Europe. It seems both sides are gearing up for a confrontation. The Emperor asks his advisors how best to exploit this oncomming war.

"We sieze lightly guarded, Dutch, and British assets in the Southern Resource Area, to fuel our conquests in the Orient. Our Empire will stretch from Tokyo to Dehli!" exlaims general Matsui.

The Emperor was pleased with this idea, and so with the help of his generals began formulating plans for conquering the southern resource area.

In April, Matsui, and Kawasaki completed their research, and our industry recieved the newest machinery to continue working. The next round of contracts went to Nakajima for a new close air support fighter, and Nissan for rear area repair dumps.

screensave3thumb17jg.jpg

I wouldn´t refrain for focusing on the navy if I were you. In one of my HOI1 games as Japan, I am paying the price for not building ships.

But HOI2 might be different in that aspect, though.

Thanks for the comments guys, My navy right now is up to scuff, I'm more worried about china, and the resources that can be found there. I'll switch the focus to my navy around '38 or so.

On July 19th, civil war breaks out in Spain! Germany, and Italy, in the hopes of creating a fascist ally on the other side of France send manpower, and monetary support, throwing Europe further into Turmoil.

screensave4thumb4rw.jpg

Russia, fearing a war on her European border, begins appeasing our mighty empire by trying to influence some of our domestic and foriegn policies. The emperor is unsure of an alliance with Russia, memories of the 1904 war are still linger in the publics mind. How can Russia be trusted?

screensave5thumb0dj.jpg

Research on early field artilery, rear area supply dumps, basic tanks, and early intercepter is completed. Hideki Tojo is tasked with researching new air doctrines, so we might use our great airforce in ever multiplying roles. Aichi is to create an arieal transport, so that we can supply divisions where the infrastructure is poor deep within china. Last but not least, the tokyo arsenal is assigned the duty of modernizing the cavalry.

The three factories started in January are completed in late November, it is decided that our new light tank should be put into production, and an entire division is ordered.

screensave8thumb2on.jpg

Last edited:
Wait...isn't infrastructure different from factories? Factories produce IC, infrastructure affects unit speed, effective supply, and resources...I thought.

EDIT: Nevermind, you finished the factories, then started infratructure.

Last edited:
Very nice start. Since you have so many supplies, it may be worthwhile to deinvest 1/2 of them and get your upgrades done faster. You never know when the pesky Chinese will start gobbling things up.

I think he's already trading them away.

Shouldn't you try researchingn computers and more industry techs instead of techs that are before their historical date and thus have penalty to research?

This looks promising, Oprah, and gives us, who are still without the game, a chance to gasp in awe at the glorious screenshots. Japan's always been one of my favorite countries to play in HoI. :D

I will be very interested in this AAR. Very interesting so far...

One question and one comment:

QUestion is, if you are "barely"influenced by another national does it affect your diplo-slider? And if so, is there a greater degree of influence that will move more than one of your sliders? Etc.

And the comment is, I thought none of Southeast Asia (the map) was touched, but I am pleasantly surprised to see that at least one mistake was corrected... the fact that Thailand's border does not touch China.. instead Burma and Laos tough each other. That was corrected. Thank you Paradox.

Status
Not open for further replies.