• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(94521)

Captain
2 Badges
Mar 11, 2008
  • Europa Universalis III
  • For The Glory
Just a few quick questions:

1) How do electors choose who they vote for? Highest relation (what if there are two nations with +200?)? Does vassalage affect the choice (As in the vassal always voting for its master)?

2) Is it only supportive electorstates that gives bonuses to the emperor or does supportiv memberstates also contribute?

3) Does Austria or Spain (or any other nation for that matter) get any sort of hidden bonus in the election process?

4) Can a CRC monarch from outside the HRE become emperor?

1. Actually, the current system is a little odd. It's more or less the combined relations rather than discrete votes.

2. All members are included.

3. Yes, it's defined in Db\Religions\religions_special.txt. We removed SPA from the bonus list in FTG and added GER instead.

4. Specific continents and monarchs can be excluded via the game files, but other than that anyone who is Catholic, CRC, or a member of the HRE is eligible.

1. Actually, the current system is a little odd. It's more or less the combined relations rather than discrete votes.

2. All members are included.

3. Yes, it's defined in Db\Religions\religions_special.txt. We removed SPA from the bonus list in FTG and added GER instead.

4. Specific continents and monarchs can be excluded via the game files, but other than that anyone who is Catholic, CRC, or a member of the HRE is eligible.

for #4 .......which game files?

Also, IMO i think the HRE should come from nations only within the HRE and not nations, like SPA, ENG , FRA etc who like FRA, PAP or VEN despised the HRE

Continents: in geography.txt.
Monarchs: in the monarch files (set "emperor = no" in the monarch definition).

So vassalage has no influence whatsoever?
Not at present, no.
So this was changed from EU2? IIRC there was a voting system there...? And are the electors the same?
No, the only changes we've made were externalizing values and adding the capability to exclude continents and monarchs as mentioned. I believe the electors are the same as they were in EU2.

Also, IMO i think the HRE should come from nations only within the HRE and not nations, like SPA, ENG , FRA etc who like FRA, PAP or VEN despised the HRE

France didnt hate the HRE. At least, not while the french king had a clear shot at the election. Francis (i believe it was francis) had a pretty large sum of cash in order to invest in his election, but Karl managed to get much more cash thanks to the fuggers who managed to get a lot of other rich folk to contribute to Karl's election.

So, France should be allowed to be HRE.

Anyway, for multiplayer purposes, i wanted to make Austria the Holy Roman Emperor... permanently (maybe with one exception during the lifespan of Charles of Spain). But i dont want to change relations between german AIs and austria. And i would like austria to receive the full benefits from all of the german minors even with negative relations towards them. Is this in any way possible?

And i would like austria to receive the full benefits from all of the german minors even with negative relations towards them. Is this in any way possible?

Just make sure to exclude everyone but the austrian monarch.

->
Specific continents and monarchs can be excluded

That is a good way of going around the system i supose. :p

Or you could just give them a big election bonus. That should have the same effect.

The supportive-electors bit is hardcoded at +100 relations, though.

France didnt hate the HRE. At least, not while the french king had a clear shot at the election. Francis (i believe it was francis) had a pretty large sum of cash in order to invest in his election, but Karl managed to get much more cash thanks to the fuggers who managed to get a lot of other rich folk to contribute to Karl's election.
?

Close, Francis I competed with Charles II (later Charles V of the HRE) by using large bribes for the German princes, but it wasn't successful. Henry VIII also had a shot at that election too, but didn't get it.

Close, Francis I competed with Charles II (later Charles V of the HRE) by using large bribes for the German princes, but it wasn't successful.
Isn't that what he said? :confused:

Isn't that what he said? :confused:

He didn't mention which Francis I full name and said about some guy called Karl (perhaps another name for Charles V?

Close, Francis I competed with Charles II (later Charles V of the HRE) by using large bribes for the German princes, but it wasn't successful. Henry VIII also had a shot at that election too, but didn't get it.

as you state Charles II is the same Charles V. The issue is , is it advisable to let ENG or FRA or SPA or anyone outside the HRE to become Emperor because it would mean changing the HRE borders.

Besides IIRC Charles II (V) was born in the netherlands which was HRE at the time.

He didn't mention which Francis I full name and said about some guy called Karl (perhaps another name for Charles V?

Some European countries still refer to Charles as Karl , it something we dealt with in the AGCEEP forums a long time ago.

as you state Charles II is the same Charles V. The issue is , is it advisable to let ENG or FRA or SPA or anyone outside the HRE to become Emperor because it would mean changing the HRE borders.

Besides IIRC Charles II (V) was born in the netherlands which was HRE at the time.

He was born in and king of burgundy.

He was born in and king of burgundy.

yes you are correct, he was born in Flanders which at the time was under Burgundy and also part of the HRE borders , which is one of the only reasons/avenues he gained the title of Emperor.

What mayhem which can be brought about in this game if we adapt only regencies birth areas as a means of cultural changes......imagine ENG changing to german culture because they had hanoverian kings in which some could not speak English or Mantuan dukes gaining dutch culture because they had a title of count of Nevers etc etc :D:D

Well, there was only one Francis during the time where there was a Karl as Emperor. :p

Karl is indeed Charles V. But why call him Charles? He wasnt english or any sort of english ruler. Better call him Carlos I (since he was a king in spain) or Karl V (since he was an archduke in austria and the holy roman emperor).

Charles just makes no sense. It would like calling Henry VIII, of Henrique Oitavo in Portuguese. :p