• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
20170210211200_1.jpg

I became a dragonborn as Ayrenn. What are even the chances of legitimately becoming dragonborn? This is probably the first time I've become one without cheating.

I'm pretty sure if you do a search for "Dragonborn" and filter it so it only shows you my posts you'll be able to find me give the exact values from the mod file. I can't remember off the top of my head exactly what the MTTH would be, but if memory serves the Altmer have a reduced chance of getting the event. For me, most of my games end up with a Dragonborn within 30-40 years though.

I'm pretty sure if you do a search for "Dragonborn" and filter it so it only shows you my posts you'll be able to find me give the exact values from the mod file. I can't remember off the top of my head exactly what the MTTH would be, but if memory serves the Altmer have a reduced chance of getting the event. For me, most of my games end up with a Dragonborn within 30-40 years though.
30-40 years? At least with previous versions of the mod the event fired almost immediately after game start, and this time it only took two years. A whopping 30 or 40 years sounds like a lot of time for this.

I also just went to have a look at the event file and found out the MTTH is 5000 years, with Altmer having a factor of 20, as opposed to for example Nords with a factor of 0.5. So yeah, it would appear my first "game" in the Alliance War bookmark (just trying the bookmark out, cheated a load of money so I wouldn't get steamrolled by everyone else immediately) was extremely lucky. Too bad I actually have no interest in playing during this BM.

I also just went to have a look at the event file and found out the MTTH is 5000 years, with Altmer having a factor of 20, as opposed to for example Nords with a factor of 0.5.

That might sound a lot, but it's actually quite balanced. First of all you have to understand that his event checks FOR EVERY SINGLE LIVING character, so the sheer amount of characters mean it fires quite regularly. Secondly, player characters get a pretty hefty modifier (I think it's 0.15) so you're usually quite likely to get it as a player. Granted, I never got it personally, but statistically it's not that unlikely. I'm just a bit bummed that Atmorans don't get the some bonus to MTTH
as Nords...

Gan2O28.jpg

Gzsqhjn.jpg

This is the first time I've seen the Alliance War go really badly for the alliances. All three forces made a white peace with Clivia after being swamped by daedra. The Aldmeri Dominion has lost all territory on Alinor, with half in the hands of daedra and the other half controlled by peasants/bandits. Most of Black Marsh is in daedric hands too, as is half of Hammerfell. You can see in the religious map-mode how much land is controlled by daedra-worshippers by the shaded territories.

This is the first time I've seen the Alliance War go really badly for the alliances. All three forces made a white peace with Clivia after being swamped by daedra. The Aldmeri Dominion has lost all territory on Alinor, with half in the hands of daedra and the other half controlled by peasants/bandits. Most of Black Marsh is in daedric hands too, as is half of Hammerfell. You can see in the religious map-mode how much land is controlled by daedra-worshippers by the shaded territories.

I had a really odd outcome in a 3502 game as well:

Ed8tboX.jpg

A Dremora's concubine turned out to be Dragonborn and lit the Dragonfires.

Nothing better than a good ol' Khaneten Flu to improve your trade knowledge!
20180409233016_1.jpg

Oh, you think he's not a follower of the Divines? How in Nirn would you have that idea?
20180409233301_1.jpg

So, this was interesting...

20180619002907_1.jpg
Atmorans worshipping Sheogorath. This amuses me. Also the dragonborn kind of just... vanished. She showed up in High Rock somewhere, married to a lord of some kind, was an adventurer, then just vanished sometime before the adventurer warning told me she'd come to wreck my day. This makes me sad.

So... I really don't know how this happened, but I was going to swear fealty to the Cyrodiliic Empire as High Rock, when I noticed something odd...

6F3AEB9718F6355F36A8723D9967CEE2FA19CC2F

Chicken Emperor
EDFD8A5597ED6052B41AB56F3C5935AC9FE1C290

Chicken preist

451ABCB9456CAE5FB23E9053C8F9E202B03E8D68

Yeah it kinda goes on like this, every man, woman, child, every courtier, priest, and noble, are all Chickens in the Cryodillic Empire.... I just... I just.... that's it, I just, there's nothing else I can say... other than this is the only place that has this problem, As you can see in the corner, I'm fine, as are anyone not involved with the Empire, I just don't know what the hell happened...

Yup, I don't even know what happened.... but I think it's safe to blame it on Sheogorath, it seems like something he'd do for fun cause he got bored.

That's exactly what happened. The Emperor or a predecessor must have asked Sheogorath for a blessing. Other telltale signs of Sheogorath's activity include cheese or apples raining from the sky, sudden small leaps in technology and people getting squashed by basking sharks.

Really.

That's exactly what happened. The Emperor or a predecessor must have asked Sheogorath for a blessing. Other telltale signs of Sheogorath's activity include cheese or apples raining from the sky, sudden small leaps in technology and people getting squashed by basking sharks.

Really.

...I'm suddenly feeling very paranoid. Might I wake up as a chicken one fine day because my overlord decided to call on Sheogorath? Is there any kind of insurance policy I can take to prepare for this?