• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Machiavellian said:
Very interesting AAR thus far. Perhaps you might consider assassinating that duke whose land you are in line to inherit.

He's 74, he can't last that much longer. The only problem is that his son's daughters are starting to have children, and one has had a son already.

Lady Emma and Steward Randolph presented my Lord Earl with another grandson, John, on June 14, 1110, and Lady Emma the Elder and Randolph presented him with a granddaughter, Eremberga, on July 22.

Unfortunately, my Lord Earl's grandson Mauger took ill in October.

On April 11, 1111, my Lord Earl's third daughter, Adelaide, was married to Humphrey de Beaumont, son and heir of Earl Robert of Leicester. Also in April, Steward Randolph reported that our craftsmen had built a Salt Refinery.

Lord Mauger and Alis presented Earl Humphrey with another granddaughter, Judith, on June 9, 1111.

Mauger, son of Lord Mauger, died of his illness on August 25, the same day that Emma the Elder delivered a daughter, Isabel. On the 27th we heard that King Robert of England made peace with Duke Ralph, ceding all his claims on Duke Ralph's titles. Unfortunately, Lord Matthew has moved farther from the Ducal coronet with the birth of a son to Duke Ralph's granddaughter Matilda, oldest daughter of his only legitimate son. She is the wife of the Count of Rennes.

Lord Matthew and Beatrice had a son on November 23, 1111, his second and her first. His name is Simon.

Muriella the Younger, sister of Earl Humphrey, died of her illness on January 23, 1112. She was survived by her second husband, Gospatrick, and by four children, the oldest just 6 years old.

Lady Adelaide and Humphrey de Beaumont presented my Lord Earl with their first child, a daughter named Emma, on March 23, 1112.

In June traveling soldiers (we suspect deserters from the fighting in the south) explained to Marshal Humphrey of Warwick the advantages of the use of Defensive Terrain.

On October 14, 1112, Lord Mauger and Alis presented Earl Humphrey with another grandson, named Aubrey, and on the 26th, Lord Matthew and Beatrice followed suit, with a son named George.

June 1113: Lady Emma the Elder loves to ride horses hard through the woods. Earl Humphrey encourages her in her physical activities, and she has become Energetic. But alas! Lord Mauger has taken ill, while his wife is carrying their fifth child.

In July Earl Humphrey commissioned the construction of a small castle. On the 12th, Pope Martino passed away and was succeeded by Richard, Bishop of Artois. It is said King Robert of England has the papal ear.

On September 4, 1113, Lord Matthew and Beatrice presented Earl Humphrey with another grandson, Walter.

Alas! Alis' baby was stillborn on October 15. Tragedy seems to be stalking Lord Mauger's family.

richvh said:
A savegame to GEDCOM translator would probably come in handy, so you could import the genealogy database into a genealogy program.

I'm hoping I'll be able to program something like this once I get the game. Since I haven't seen a CK save game file yet, I can't get started on it, alas. (Unless you could zip up a save and send it to me to look at? PM me if you're willing...)

On November 11, 1113, Alberanda de Fauconberg, who had been keeping this journal, passed away. My father, Earl Humphrey, has asked me, his eldest daughter Emma (sometimes called Emma the Elder to distinguish me from my younger sister) to take it over.

March 1114: Father has spurned the advances of a pretty maid in the castle, and has replaced her with an older women. He has gained the reputation of being Chaste.

On April 20, my younger sister Adelaide had a daughter, Beatrice.

On May 16, Pope Richard left this mortal coil. Amedeo, Bishop of Julich, has been elected to replace him. It is said that King Robert of England has his ear.

My brother Mauger had another daughter on July 14. He and Alis named her Beatrice.

In November the small castle was completed, and Father declared war on the Sheikdom of Canarias. Grandfather, Duke Ralph of Norfolk, also declared war on them. The regiment has been raised and is being shipped to fight the enemy.

December 1114: My sister Adelaide loves to ride horses hard through the woods. With Father away at war, our stepmother has encouraged her to indulge in mental activities. Adelaide has become Wise, Just and Stressed.

My brother Matthew had another daughter, Juliana, on June 9, 1115. On the 12th, my brother Mauger's middle daughter, Judith, took ill.

On August 1, my sister Adelaide had a son, Drogo, and on the 15, my stepmother had a son, Guy.

Word reached us on that on September 15, 1115, my father with the help of Duke Ralph's Shrewsbury regiment freed the Camarias of the infidel yoke. Unfortunately, while they were away, the army of the Sheik of Canarias captured Shrewsbury and has just laid siege to our new castle in Derby. I pray that Father will return in time.

CanariasSiege.jpg

The Siege of Canarias

Duke Ralph, my grandfather, passed away on September 29. Our new duke is my young cousin, Tancred de Bretagne.

On January 20, 1116, Father defeated the infidel army besieging Derby Castle. They fled to Shrewsbury, where they were destroyed by the army of Marie de Normandie, Countess of Bristol, who is beseiging Shrewsbury Castle. Father has disbanded the army; the expense of this crusade will put us in debt for years.

Father's new fief of Canarias is Struggling. They have a Forestry and Fishing Wharf, and many more improvements could be made there if we only had the money to invest.

On September 2, 1116, Father gave the County of Canarias to my brother Matthew.

MacRaith said:
Well, no wonder we get duplications! Have to get to work on this. Right after lunch. ;)

Well, that is an extreme example for name lists. Most have a lot more. But if you are going through character_names.csv and see a list with few names, feel free to post a list of possible additions.

(BTW, the "Norman" name list is supposed to be for Norman Italy only, hense the small number of names. Characters in England should be using the English or French lists)

Demetrios said:
Well, that is an extreme example for name lists. Most have a lot more. But if you are going through character_names.csv and see a list with few names, feel free to post a list of possible additions.

(BTW, the "Norman" name list is supposed to be for Norman Italy only, hense the small number of names. Characters in England should be using the English or French lists)

A number of the starting nobles in England 1066 are Norman culture, and it takes a few generations to them to be acculturated.

On September 4, my sister Adelaide had a son, Philip. On the 23rd we heard that the Sheikdom of Orania had declared war on my brother's county, and on the 26th father decided that he could not in good conscience due else than support his son, so despite our great debt we are again going to war. The regiment has been raised and Father left for Orania. Duke Tancred has also taken the crusading banner. Meanwhile, my brother Mauger's wife presented him with a new son, Geoffroy, on the 25th.

On May 15, 1117, my sister Adelaide had a daughter, Sybilla.

Alas! The army besieging my brother's castle in Canarias was far superior to my father's army, and our army was totally destroyed on June 3rd. Father was lucky to escape to the ships with his life. The castle surrendered on the 7th, and Matthew returned to Derby with Father.

I've learned that my younger sister Emma, who was the wife of Roger de Warenne, Count of Surrey, died two years ago.

In December, due to Increased Land Productivity, our county became Rich. On the 30th, my brother Matthew had another son, Geoffrey.

On January 25, 1118, my brother Mauger died after a long illness. My father arranged for his widow Alis to marry his distant kinsman, Asclettin of Derby.

Alas! All is lost! The Sheik of Orania has captured our castle!

THE END

The infidels landed on England and took over the lands of Derby?! Any chance that we can see a map of the end, I would be curious to see the infidel bastion on the shores of England.

It was a good AAR while it lasted. I guess going on Crusade can on occassion have horrible results.

Holy crap! How'd the Sheik of Orania come out of nowhere and take you over, that's frightening. :eek: Too bad, though. I hope your future games aren't stopped as short :)

Machiavellian said:
The infidels landed on England and took over the lands of Derby?! Any chance that we can see a map of the end, I would be curious to see the infidel bastion on the shores of England.

It was a good AAR while it lasted. I guess going on Crusade can on occassion have horrible results.
Sorry, when your last province is taken, you go directly to the You Surrendered screen. Suffolk, the only demesne province of the Duke of Norfolk, was also captured. The Duke had called up the troops of his vassals, but they just sat in their home provinces, doubtless waiting to be picked off one by one.

Morpheus506 said:
Holy crap! How'd the Sheik of Orania come out of nowhere and take you over, that's frightening. Too bad, though. I hope your future games aren't stopped as short

Anyone can send their troops anywhere. I never stood a chance; they outnumbered out my original army that I sent to Canarias by 2 to 1, and took almost no losses in wiping it out. I would have appreciated a pop-up window alerting me to the start of the siege, but I had almost no troops in my pool to draw on after that disaster.

EricSaxon said:
I like your AAR, but I don't need to hear about all the children born in the County. The Count's children are all that intersts us, even passingly. You can speed up your game play, rather than give us the details of every child ever born. Show us, all the changes and all the things that are improving or not improving and any major changes in land, like land grabs. I know this sounds critical of your AAR, but if you don't give us who is born to whom and how many times, we won't be disappointed and will actually see a progress.
Within obvious restrictions, people are free, and encouraged, to write whatever they choose and how they choose. That goes for every one, including you. ;)

That's a shame about the loss, richvh. This was a good AAR. Better luck next time. :)