• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Stuyvesant said:
Romulus doesn't have a lot of sense now, does he? There are three people who put him where he is right now: Varic, with his information, Barbaria with her connections and Remus with his army. With his childish little rant, he's knocked one support away already. And seeing as Varic was the one to suggest it (and Varic's too intelligent to NOT know how valuable Remus is), I think Varic's support for Romulus is waning as well. Varic, methinks, is getting ideas. Ideas about being the power behind the throne.

Yes, Varic controlling this was rather telling wasn't it. I think Varic may already be the power behind the throne. Now was he getting rid of a rival in Remus who was no longer of use to strengthen his position or is he planning something else entirely? Is Remus’ going to have an impact in Gaul simply because of the fame he has earned? I think if I was Aegidius and Remus showed up without any troops I’d get a bit pissed. :D

Joe

C'mon Joe, this is Remus we're talkin' 'bout! HE created his entire army upon the foundation of his own blade and ideals. Just imagine what he'll be able to do in Gaul with a pre-existing army! :cool:

Now, granted, Mett has already shown us that he doesn't play favorites with his characters, so I'm quite sure it's gonna be very hellish for Remus, ( :( )but I do have confidence that great things are going to come from this little jaunt to Gaul! :D

If Mett plays Gaul, I have full confidence in his abilities to kick the AI.

Or, more poetically, I believe Remus can easily handle the barbarians and restore order to Gaul :D

And great that part 2 started allready :)

I wonder how many Remus-to-Caesar parallels we can make out before the Gallic campaign is over? :D

As many as we like...as long as it is prior to the Ides of March.....:)

I like the way you've put down these latest developments, Mett. Really nice, the way you spin plots :)

On the developments themselves: Varic is getting a little too cocky for my tastes, but all I can do right now is hope he gets what's coming for him, preferably sooner rather than later. Romulus... no comment, except "airhead." Remus... you go girl! ... wait. :eek:

I am very curious how this will develop. It seems that after Claudius finishes his current long standing campaign that he will be the one sent to wage war against Sicily and the Vandals, which in itself isn't a bad plan. Or perhaps an up and coming new commander might get that honor? Maybe another would be legend general more controlable for Romulus.. ?

I somehow have the feeling that Remus won't have too much trouble finding an army for his Gaul conquest. He has the aura of a great leader, the skills of a great military commander and with the ongoing situation in Italy, a lot of people might find it interesting to join Remus in his campaign, plus the whole lot of his former men, seasoned troops (if there are any left), only the weather could be treacherous (crossing the Alps in winter? That is a feat worthy of a great general).

The expected battle between Clovis and Remus will be very interesting indeed, finally a true test for Remus. Who shall have the rich lands of Gaul?

The little brat in Rome is already dead, as he plays in Varic hands. He has no real support, angering the mob, bittering with the military and with the ongoing religous troubles...If the East moves toward the West, his 'palace' will crumble, burrying him under it, paving the way for the triumph of the victor.
The wild card though is indeed Varic, the man plays for himself alright, a snap of his fingers and he changes the world as he sees fit, but who will he support?
Zeno might be coming hard as soon as Romulus forces are squattered in front of Ravenna and away in Sicily, he will probable be the strongest foe.
Remus is stealing the show already, all eyes are turned on him, he must not fail, but can he ever?
Perhaps Barbaria might want to take things under her own hand and stop her son before he makes something rather rash?

Okay, awaits patiently. ;)

jorian said:
Sorry to interrupt, but where can I get this Roman mod??? :confused:
I believe Mett's using the 476 mod with some added events. The 476 mod you can probablyl find in the EU2 mod section on the forums. As for the custom events you're probably out of luck for now.

VILenin said:
I believe Mett's using the 476 mod with some added events. The 476 mod you can probablyl find in the EU2 mod section on the forums. As for the custom events you're probably out of luck for now.
476? Is this the number of used mods?? :eek:

No, that is the name of the mod. The start date is 476 AD. Hence the name.

Amric said:
No, that is the name of the mod. The start date is 476 AD. Hence the name.
I did find Rome Universalis, but I don't think that's the same...plz could someone give me a link? :(

Mettermrck ?
If you use your own mod, could you plz post it? :confused:

Lofman's 476 scenario is here. Many of the events in my AAR are not in this scenario. There are some historical events I did which could probably be integrated in this scenario, but also some literary events that are more related to Remus' story, and thus probably not suitable for this mod.