• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey Specter 34! This is turning out go be quite the AAR. It is glorious to see the Romans rise to prominence once more so quickly. May I ask you, what version of M and T are you using? I see some changes from the available map online, like the existence of Iznik and Arta provices, as well as the disappearance of the red lines over the narrow crossings. Did you mod it yourself? I especially like the accurate portrayal of Philadelphia as a Roman enclave surrounded by Turkish territory. Anyhow, thanks for sharing your reconquest. May the spirit of Basil II be with you, ans help you submit the Venetian ingrates beneath your imperial feet!

is this aar dead? :(

Definitely not! I have more of the game played than I have posted, but I'm only able to find time to write occasionally. It's been a chaotic past few weeks/month, since my mom's passed away. The updates will come, just at a much slower pace than the one per week that I was hoping to do.

Hey Specter 34! This is turning out go be quite the AAR. It is glorious to see the Romans rise to prominence once more so quickly. May I ask you, what version of M and T are you using? I see some changes from the available map online, like the existence of Iznik and Arta provices, as well as the disappearance of the red lines over the narrow crossings. Did you mod it yourself? I especially like the accurate portrayal of Philadelphia as a Roman enclave surrounded by Turkish territory. Anyhow, thanks for sharing your reconquest. May the spirit of Basil II be with you, ans help you submit the Venetian ingrates beneath your imperial feet!

Thank you very much, and I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! I haven't modded anything myself, but I'm using the MEIOU and Taxes mod, with the Aragon's Triumph submod. I also have province borders turned off in settings.

Definitely not! I have more of the game played than I have posted, but I'm only able to find time to write occasionally. It's been a chaotic past few weeks/month, since my mom's passed away. The updates will come, just at a much slower pace than the one per week that I was hoping to do.

Thank you very much, and I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! I haven't modded anything myself, but I'm using the MEIOU and Taxes mod, with the Aragon's Triumph submod. I also have province borders turned off in settings.

I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences.

On behalf of the M&T team, i present you our condolences.

Take the time you need.

My condolences.

We will be here for as long as you need.

Sorry for your loss.:( Take your time, and God bless!

I know it doesn't mean much from me, a complete stranger, but I am sorry for your loss. Such a major loss deserves some time to mourn.

So, this AAR is dead, but not buried! I actually played quite a bit further (About 98 years further, to 1474) without posting things, though I never finished. My mom passed away, and life has sort of kicked me in the bum to get going with things. The wave already crashed into me though and I'm back on my feet waiting for the next one. Until it hits, I'm back! Is there any interest in the remnants of the AAR, or would there be more of an interest in me beginning a new M&T Common Sense campaign? I could even leave it up to a vote: Another Roman Empire AAR, or a custom nation Macedonia AAR.

Last edited:
So, this AAR is dead, but not buried! I actually played quite a bit further (About 98 years further, to 1474) without posting things, though I never finished. My mom passed away, and life has sort of kicked me in the bum to get going with things. The wave already crashed into me though and I'm back on my feet waiting for the next one. Until it hits, I'm back! Is there any interest in the remnants of the AAR, or would there be more of an interest in me beginning a new M&T Common Sense campaign? I could even leave it up to a vote: Another Roman Empire AAR, or a custom nation Macedonia AAR.
I'd be interested in either finishing this one or a custom Macedonia. Sorry about the loss. Your absence is completely understandable. Anyways, if you do a vote, you'll need to get a mods permission.

Rome must (re)rise!

Alright, let's count votes in here, for now. So far we have 3 votes for a new Rome, and 1 vote for a new Macedonia/finishing old Rome campaign. I'll check back either later tonight, or tomorrow to see what there is a bigger call for.