• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Once again you did a beautiful job of that update! And the idea to include Waldheim was great! Will we also hear about other influencial historical Austrian figures like Karl Renner, Engelbert Dollfuss or Otto Bauer?
ps.: not to mention this Forum´s most favorite Austrian... ;)

Last edited:
Sturmpanzerwagen, Yogi, Sturmpanzerwagen...silly non germans always overentusiastic with the äs and üs and ös...

otherwise, great chapter. But really, Loader and Gunner in personal union...stupid....lets hope the Sturmpanzerwagen III will fare a little better then this armored target...*shakes head in disbelief*

wow lovely update.

I wonder if he'll do that in every single battle :) if so, this AAR would be VERY long. which is good :)

i gotta tell you, this AAR is better than some books I've read.

Archangel85 said:
Sturmpanzerwagen, Yogi, Sturmpanzerwagen...silly non germans always overentusiastic with the äs and üs and ös...*

How embarrasing. Has been fixed now. As a swede I'm fairly certain about the ä's and ö's but the ü is alien to me...

Archangel85 said:
But really, Loader and Gunner in personal union...stupid....lets hope the Sturmpanzerwagen III will fare a little better then this armored target...*shakes head in disbelief*

If you think that is stupid, consider that it was not unusual during the period to have a personal union between gunner, loader and the commander of the tank!

Meltdown1986 said:
ps.: not to mention this Forum´s most favorite Austrian... ;)
Kaiser Franz said:
whos that? :rofl:

Do not mention his name! :) Quite frankly, while I was orignially going to have HIM in the role now filled Kurt Waldheim (as a tanker... er... tracker, although in HIS case he would have been an ex-hussar gone panzerman), after asking around a bit I got to the conclusion that HE is so overused that HIS inclusion would cause more derison than thrill. And besides, HE is still one of the main characters of MPoFM and its planned sequel, so I don't need HIM here to get my dose. :) Unless my readers would have it otherwise, Sergeant...do not mention his name...fell leading a desperate cavalry charge of the 1. Hussars Regiment near Debrecen in late 1935.

Last edited:
I think Kurt Waldheim might make an excellent Austrian version of George Marshall. Imagine a successful military career (I'm banking on him getting a field commission and then rising up the officers' ladder) followed by the real Kaiser (Austria-Hungary's) tapping him, a trusted and capable general, to represent the Empire in some diplomatic position.

Exellent update once again. I love the in depth action of the track crew, it's as if straight from a book!

And even better, battle for Brno, my home town. I hope the Austrians and their 'advisors' manage so wrestle it from the communists!

The Yogi said:
elbasto, Mind Elemental, Archangel85 : You guys should be at the OHL.

With pleasure, especially as it seems that Guderian followed my advice! ;) Will I get a spiffy uniform to go with my General Staff posting?

... And by the way, what units north of Brno?

The Yogi said:
]Evil Capitalist : Both sides have mainly 1918 infantry, with some mountain troops and cavalry. Little or no militia on either side.

... AH is really in trouble if Guderian's attack doesn't work, in that case. Did you give an in-game armoured division, to represent Hasty Heinz's pet project? Or did you just slap on brigades to the various divisions involved?

The Yogi said:
Interestingly, I was going to do something much along those lines - however, there arose the problem that you cannot give away any of other forces than your own as expeditionary forces, (not even a puppets) - so for purely technical reasons, it won't happen (which sucks).

There's an alternative -- you could manually haxx0r the save game file to give them those expeditionary forces?

I think that if you can take and hold Brno, and wipe out the resulting pocket in Kutna Hora, it'll be all over for the Czechs -- your line will be so much shorter, and you'll be free to mass your troops in the north as a result.

And the riverline protecting Ostrava and the area south of Bratislava, hopefully you can get away with using your troops for a decisive offensive against the Czechs instead of having them prop up the southern defences.

I assume you've taken military control of AH?

Last edited:
yogi yogi yogi for president.

and everyone's favourite austrian does indeed need a break, him being so busy doing unspeakable things to someones favourite daughter :D (wish i was in his shoes)

most excellent work here i must say, follow Iron Crosses, follow MPoFM (UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE) and having a good time with this one.

between yourself and Chtulu you have this down pat, is he dropping by for some more "ghosting" in the future??

Good to see that Hasty Heinz is having a good time.

Speaking of famous Austrians, are we, perhaps going to be graced by the presence of a mustached commando, one with a long fencing scar on the cheek? Hmm? Anyway, this is great, except for one thing: Germany vs. France and Russia. This won't be World War II, this will be a six month Landwehr European Tour. the Krautrs will grind the Commies into powder...but without the Little Corporal, I'm savoring the inevitable.

Konig15 said:
This won't be World War II, this will be a six month Landwehr European Tour.

No it won't. Considering that Germany will be fighting both France, and a militarily polished USSR, almost certainly at the same time - and probably largely alone, at least to begin with - it's going to be anything but.

Oh, and Germany is presumably not re-arming for a major war here to the extent it was IRL. That honour probably falls on the USSR.

Vincent Julien said:
No it won't. Considering that Germany will be fighting both France, and a militarily polished USSR, almost certainly at the same time - and probably largely alone, at least to begin with - it's going to be anything but.

Oh, and Germany is presumably not re-arming for a major war here to the extent it was IRL. That honour probably falls on the USSR.

And France.

I've decided to throw my sympathies in with the Czechs. They deserve a state, dammit!

Of course, either a) they won't get it from the imperialist powers, or b) the fact that there are communists on both the eastern & western fronts means that imperialist defeat (and communist victory) will stifle the Czechs to a degree that will make the crackdown after Prague Spring look pale by comparison.

Vincent Julien said:

Very likely that the British will field a glourious BEF to fight the red meance...like...say...three undergunned divisions?

It's interesting actually to point out that even if Austria 'wins' this, will the Empire possibly be able to find any kind of satisfactory political solution in the wake of such a massive civil war?

The only real solution, I would imagine - probably imposed diplomatically by a Germany which has invested a ton of resources in the defeat of the Reds - would be the breakup of AH to prevent further Communist plays on nationalist sympathies. There could be a federal solution, I suppose, but I doubt that would be really satisfactory to anyone.

I would like to say that I am seriously considering worshiping you as an idol. Where Iron Crosses grow was fantastic. In this you have done 17 updates and you are only 4 days into the game!

I would like to end this by simply saying that I am not worthy to be in your glorious presence.

Vincent Julien, You bring up an interesting point. It is my personal feeling that either one of 2 scenarios could result from an Austro-Hungarian victory. The first would be oppression of the rebels. This would be likely in the immediate aftermath of the war but would be an unviable long term strategy. The second strategy would be something of a compromise in which the communists would be granted immunity for their previous actions in return for laying down their arms at the end of the war. This would possibly also be accompanied by a move towards a constitutional monarchy, in which the royal family would still wield considerable power. The monarchy would be equivalent to the head of the executive branch of government, with powers roughly equal to that of an American president, while there would also be a parliament. However the actual powers of the parliament to contradict the monarchy would in all probability be a direct result of how generous Otto von Habsburg was feeling when he wrote the new constitution. However, it is becoming increasingly apparent that this will be the beginning of the Second World War. Assuming that this does not continue to be a contained incident in Austria-Hungary, Austria-Hungary’s fate will hinge largely on the path that WWII takes.