The E3 Map Project for Darkest Hour - 1000's of New Provinces

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@mumia: Can I ask you, have you made any advances in the area of event commands regarding your map?

I mean: we can secedeprovince, secedearea and secederegion, but as far as I know, we cannot yet :

removecore, addcore, addclaim, removeclaim etc (adding area and region) i.e. removearea, removeregion..... for events where land and countries get annexed. It is already a nightmare if you have to annex a place like the USA, and would be even more so if you are using your map for modding... Can you please tell me if you have any information regarding this?
Sorry, but I don't even know how to write events so better ask some one from DH team who has more info in this topic. We can only hope all those commands will work soon, or at least in the time when the map will be finished. I also hope every one who wants to write events will be at least patient as me who's drawing that map for few years. Of course I may be wrong (which probably is true) but I think that it's just matter of spending few days more on copying add or remove cores/claims commands to get all events work till area/region event commands are not fully working. So currently patience is the key.

Can this be downloaded?
Yes, you can download the E3Map here:

DH-E3Map v0.3 (uploaded 14. July 2012):
http://www.mediafire.com/?pcf3ixcjsp0l99l

Did my eyes deceive me? Or did I see all European mini nations present on the new map?

Yes, they are all in. As those countries exist in reality, why shouldn't they be in game?

Last edited:
I eagerly wait for an update with even more provinces. :cool:

Sorry if it has already been asked, but...

1. How does AI handle with this new ammount of provinces?
2. Do the vanilla events fire according the new provinces? ('cause there are several new ID's covering a region, you know)

I eagerly wait for an update with even more provinces. :cool:

As South America and Middle East are fixed now I can back to drawing China/Mongolia region and that should be in the next update, but don't expect in too short time. As far I remember when I last time was drawing China it was real hell...

Sorry if it has already been asked, but...

1. How does AI handle with this new ammount of provinces?
2. Do the vanilla events fire according the new provinces? ('cause there are several new ID's covering a region, you know)

1. There must be new AI files, just like in any other mod. First time when I added new province ID beyond province IDs limit (2608 provinces in HoI2) I thought AI will ignore new provinces or something like that but nothing bad happened, AI use new provinces just like the others.
2. I've fixed some events from Vanilla HoI2 to work with that map and it looks it's all working fine, for example partition of Czechoslovakia or Poland looks historically.

Last edited:
I think it was asked earlier...and maybe I missed the response...but an important issue would be how the increased number of provinces might effect the supply algorithm of the game engine. Has this been tested? One possibility is that with so many more provinces (for example between Berlin and Stalingrad) supply might get really screwed up. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket...I think what you guys are doing is impressive...but still an important question.

I think it was asked earlier...and maybe I missed the response...but an important issue would be how the increased number of provinces might effect the supply algorithm of the game engine. Has this been tested? One possibility is that with so many more provinces (for example between Berlin and Stalingrad) supply might get really screwed up. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket...I think what you guys are doing is impressive...but still an important question.
As I only draw this map and I don't know too much about other things related to the game mechanics (including supply algorithm) I can only say what are my observation from few years playing HoI2-DD-Arma and DH with this map. From my experience AI or player don't have any noticeable problem with supply. Looks like all divisions are supplied correctly, even islands. Many times I've seen German army fighting in central or south Africa, Japanese in Middle East or Soviets in India and even if their supply lines are extremely long, everything look fine. I hope this is the answer you needed, if not, it means I misunderstood your question. Best idea is just play few games and check by yourself and tell me if it works as it should, all tests are useful.

I can honestly say I'm not thrilled by the new map. It just seems like too many provinces. I personally thought DH had just the right amount of provinces, not as scarce as ARMA, but not crazy divided like HOI3/Iron Cross.

Well, I guess this thread wasn't a total fail when it got moved here, we get to show it off to those who haven't been following it's development in the 1914 thread.

I guess it deserved it's own thread, anyway.

Personally, I'm most pleased as to how South America turned out, it's fabulous.

I hope North America won't be worse, but note that North America (Canada and USA) are on the end of my to-do list, I need to finish Asia and Oceania first.

As I only draw this map and I don't know too much about other things related to the game mechanics (including supply algorithm) I can only say what are my observation from few years playing HoI2-DD-Arma and DH with this map. From my experience AI or player don't have any noticeable problem with supply. Looks like all divisions are supplied correctly, even islands. Many times I've seen German army fighting in central or south Africa, Japanese in Middle East or Soviets in India and even if their supply lines are extremely long, everything look fine. I hope this is the answer you needed, if not, it means I misunderstood your question. Best idea is just play few games and check by yourself and tell me if it works as it should, all tests are useful.

Thanks...yes you answered my question :) I'm not sure I'd buy the game just to test your mod but it might be worth keeping your eye on as you move forward and implement. I presume if it's working in HOI2-DD-Arma then it will work here...but I'm not knowledgeable about the specific ways any supply algorithm may have evolved in the exe in all those versions. I think making supply easier on the player might be just as much of a worry as making supply impossible.