• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the humber bug fix in there?

I want a job as balancer at Eugen. Make 20 database edits a week seems like a good deal to me.

Oh noo.. not so fast... you have to rotate a map somtimes! Thats hard earned mony over there!

Also i like the logic behind som of this changes..
So they removed a bug and fucked up At guns aganst 20mm in process... therfore they did not buff the At guns, nahh they fucked 20mm cars aswell.. And buffed the stuart..

2890b5d4159e58f29d6bd7357364dd7d.jpg

How about balancing in smaller but more frequent steps?
You've got the point about keeping the playerbase. However I don't think that smaller balance patch is a good idea. As i understood, Eugen builds patchs on statistic analysis. To have significant trends/infos about the patch impact, this one must bring several modifications to the gameplay/balance instead of smaller but more frequently ones. This way makes stats and their trends much more significant and easier to understand/to correct.

The patch has looked at many things people compained about:
1) Green circle warfare. Off-map is now worse and, if I understand correctly, you have to take more risks to use it.
2) Autocannon spam & stunlocks. Autocannons will run out of ammo quicker, vet ACs are no longer quite so goldlike.
3) Plane trains have been nerfed. Whether this is good or not I'm not sure, I'll have to play.
4) Flames and (strangely only allied somebody looking at files told me it was only allied, but Madmat says below it's global... not sure now) big-boom infantry have been nerfed, meaning 100m infantry combat should last a little longer.

I don't know exactly what people are expecting. There's still some outstanding issues, such as AT planes, but the stuff that people complain about is getting fixed. The balance of the game as a whole doesn't need a huge swing. It'd be nice to have a divisional balance patch if that's coming, but they do need time to collect stats for that.

Last edited:
The patch has looked at many things people compained about:
1) Green circle warfare. Off-map is now worse and, if I understand correctly, you have to take more risks to use it.
2) Autocannon spam & stunlocks. Autocannons will run out of ammo quicker, vet ACs are no longer quite so goldlike.
3) Plane trains have been nerfed. Whether this is good or not I'm not sure, I'll have to play.
4) Flames and (strangely only allied) big-boom infantry have been nerfed, meaning 100m infantry combat should last a little longer.
Agreed on 1-3, will just have to see how it plays out.

But I'm not clear on #4. Unless I'm missing something, the notes say "Decreased (and standardized) "Ammo" loadout for flamethrowers." But that doesn't mean it will last longer, only that FTs will have less ammo. And the sheer amount of ammo has never been the issue in my experience.

Did I miss something?

That might be a translation/misunderstanding issue. Let me check with the GDs.
This comes from somebody looking at the files, not first hand. Apparently axis get 9 damage, 400 supression, 250 supression radius. Allies used to be the same, but are now 8 damage, 200 supression, 200 supression radius.

• Decreased artillery observers' range of vision from 1300 to 1000m.

Does range of vision mean optics or where you can place the target? I guess the latter.

First

ALLIES
  • Fixed the M15 CGMC's .50 range (which was inferior to the other AA .50).

6th Airborne
  • Fixed the Paratroopers' speed.

Are 6th AB's paratrooper faster or slower now?

They are faster now, 20 km/h just like Fallschirmjäger and the American airborne units.

These don't seem like balance changes to me, but like fixes. Making the range of the .50 on one unit even with others and giving Paratroopers the same speed as those from other nations are correcting mistakes.

FYI - after patch, I'm still only seeing 10v10 on Sword & Colombelles. Also I didn't see any that were "Mirror" 10v10s.

------

Looks like it is fixed now. Tnx.

Last edited:
Agreed on 1-3, will just have to see how it plays out.

But I'm not clear on #4. Unless I'm missing something, the notes say "Decreased (and standardized) "Ammo" loadout for flamethrowers." But that doesn't mean it will last longer, only that FTs will have less ammo. And the sheer amount of ammo has never been the issue in my experience.

Did I miss something?
I don't think so. Most flamethrower infantry now have "20" rounds, firing at 33 rpm. I don't know what it was before, but that should run out in ~36 seconds of fire. That's still quite a bit, but it will start to become a limit against commanded troops.

I like the changes and frequency.

Yes, and then having whole new problems afterwards.
How about balancing in smaller but more frequent steps?

Wasn't the other balancing change last week even if it was two weeks since what else should one call it then we already have frequent and small steps?

ALLIES
  • Increased M5A1 +1 acc
bdw dont be happy its nerf for 3. armored .. they nerf comand M5A1 to one star = same acc but less morale and less ROF !!!!!!

• Increased Stuart VI +1 acc
its nice buff for GA .. i think they are better then cromwels now .. lower price and faster aim time

Last edited: