• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ducalseal8ut.png

My Dearest Brother Leopold,

It gives me great pleasure to recieve the reports of late on your advances with the Hungarians, among other matters. I have recently returned from a prolonged hunting trip along that beautiful tributary of the Danube our Lord Father shared with us that spring so long ago. There are matters brewing in the south that trouble me. I should wish to have counsel with you as soon as possible, to discuss your alliances, the madness of Charles of Anjou, and the ramifications of the new owner of Saint Peter's Chair. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

In the Name of God,
Your Brother
Albrecht, Third of that Name, of House Hapsburg
Archduke of Austria

Ragusasigner.JPG

An Ragusan ship arrived into the port of Trieste, flying the flag of Saint Blaise, as well two other flags of Ragusa. And when Seraphin Gozze-Gucetic stepped off the ship and settled onto the dock. He was very strangely dressed in rather exotic fashion. His House alway got reputation of strange fashion. He was dressed in the fine silk and with various decorations thoughout his long hairs. He smiled as people just stared at him for a short moment. He then rode for few days to reach Burg Hochosterwitz, Carinthia. He asked the guards:

Seraphin My name is Seraphin of House Gozze-Gucetic, the envoy of the Republic of Ragusa, a great trading nation south of this great Duchy. I now request an audience with His Grace...

Entrance Hall, Burg Hochosterwitz, Carinthia

Leopold came down immeaditly to meet Hedvig,

"Greetings Hedvig, it is a pleasure to have such a young face in Burg Hochosterwitz. I apologize for young William´s absence, I have sent for him as soon as I heard of your coming, but for now you will have to do with me and my court till he can come back from visiting some parts of my realm. My Haushofmeister has surely arranged and already began the moving of your belongings into the quarters, I do hope the place is appropriate.

I am sure that you have your own hungarian entourage with you, if not I will provide you with two of my finest knights which will ensure your safety if you want to visit the surrounding lands and will be at your command from now on.

I also invite you to accompany me when I go hunting and tonight I will organize a small banquet in your honor."

The study of the Chancellor of Ehrenberg

"His name is Seraphin of House Gozze-Gucetic from Ragusa? Well, we should give him the honor of speaking up before the Duke if he wants to, admit him to the Duke, but watch him."
Reinhardt of Ehrenberg stroke his beard, and shook the head slightly, that envoy would be sent to his study in a matter of moments in any case, he thought. And as an afterthought he added towards the guards, "And send the hungarian in now!"

As the hungarian stepped in, the Reinhardt of Ehrenberg, rather stout came around his desk and greeted László Egervári,
"Ah, I have been told to expect you, how may I help you?"

Last edited:
ducalseal2pr.png

The Party of Duke Albrecht of Austria Arrives

* * * * *​

Trumpets could be heard sounding brazenly from a mile away, echoing through the hills and heralding the arrival of the Ducal party. The outriders appeared first, a troop of fifty household knights arrayed in full armor which gleamed crimson in the failing sunlight of evening. They rode in a brilliant display of myriad colours, bright reds and blues and gold, black and silver, green and purple as the many banners fluttered in the wind and their plumed helmets bobbed with the stride of their horses. Their bright shields were painted with detailed and ancient coats of arms from dozens of different of different houses.

The Archduke of Austria had arrived in Styria, and his party was filled with several of his more influencial courtiers and their own servants and retainers, along with Albrecht's personal household servants and knights and scribes. The Duke rode in a gilded carriage that trundled along the road surrounded by bodyguards and priests.

The heralds and knights approached the gates of Burg Hochosterwitz, the lead rider raising his hand in salute.

"Make way for Duke Albrecht!" one shouted to the guards.

Ragusasigner.JPG

Seraphin stepped forward and bowed. He stood up and glanced at the Duke

Seraphin Your Grace, I am appointed by His Grace, Duke of Ragusa to be a Ambassador of Republic of Ragusa to Ducal Court of Styria... it is my people's hope to build merchant houses in Trieste at Krain and several other cities where our merchants can work together with your merchants to trade and may our two realms together flourish with trading between two realms. We also can provide silvers, spices, silks and several other basic goods. What more, this will provide a foundation from which we can in someway spoil Venetians' days, the whole Europe struggled against Venetain monopoly on great goods...

Is this possible Your Grace?

Seraphin bowed once more.