• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Brilliant aar! Though I do wonder at the plausibility of the democratic UK and a communist Russia joining a fascist France and Italy.

Brilliant aar! Though I do wonder at the plausibility of the democratic UK and a communist Russia joining a fascist France and Italy.
But it isn't a Communist Russia. The Bolsheviks were defeated, and Wrangel was installed as leader of Russia.

Anyways, brilliant AAR. Three cheers for the Danubian Federation! I do wonder how the Ottomans fared in the postwar years, some, given how damnably poor a job they did in defending their Levantine lands.

But it isn't a Communist Russia. The Bolsheviks were defeated, and Wrangel was installed as leader of Russia.

Okay, it seems I missed that part, thanks :blush:

Hehe. Nice. :)
Better possitions for Central Power countries, than in original KR.

Ehhh...yes and no...

In the case of Yes:
-Germany now has more of a barrier between it and the metropolitan itself, so any Second Weltkrieg would be made easier
-Belgium & the Netherlands now finds itself economically chained and allied to Germany. Surprisingly, the plans to install Adalbert as King of a puppet Belgium was shelved.
-Austria-Hungary is not only united, but reformed, riding on the successes of the war and to the detriment of the Hungarians who lose their most-favored status.
-Serbia is a puppet ruled by a Hapsburg King, Surprised that Albania didn't get Kosovo and Serbia didn't become an Austrian crownland like in 1718 but eh. Knowing Charles, I think the irony would be that Serbia is ruled by Franz Ferdinand's morganatic son, Maximillian, Duke of Hohenburg.
-Still have your Mitteleuropa, dunno what the status is with Estonia and Latvia. (And in case your wondering, the UBD did have some historical credence as it did exist briefly during WWI. Something tells me this case it's more historically accurate, a UBD in Estonia and Northern Latvia and Courland-Semigalia for southern Latvia.)

And in the Cases for No:
-Russia's interwar years will not be spent as a crippled state looking to put together the broken parts of the Empire...It still retains its control over Central Asia and the Primorsk. I doubt Pyotr Wrangel will take himself up as the new Tsar (as Pyotr IV) but without that crippling feature, Russia would be able to hold his own in Russia.
-France still holds its colonies in West Africa, Algeria, America and Asia, unlike in Kaiserreich where it is divided in two. Granted, Germany has more of a presence in Africa but not quite to an extent as in KR. (with their big ol Mittelafrika, of which even then was only helped by the Syndicalist Revolutions that led to a second Scramble for Britain's colonies) In any case, France will definitely be using its resources to fight Germany rather than just being limited to the Metropolitan.
-Italy isn't divided, despite only losing Veneto. Which means a stronger hostile Italy...of course this is negated with an even stronger Austria however...
-Portugal's aligned with TTL's Axis.
-Serbia being revanchist...it's more likely than you care to realize.

Long story short, I wouldn't exactly say the CP is in a more advantageous position, than it is that they have more breathing room (especially with Russia) to enjoy their business.

On the subject of peace, I just realized that Germany finished the job and annexed ALL of the Lorraine this time around.

Last edited:
A bit late reply from my side, but still, congrats on wonderful ending. Once again, you managed to end great story with nice balance between creativity and plausibility. Brave old world was preserved with addition of some needed reforms while Danubian empire guaranteed its stability not only by reshuffled internal relations but also by wall of new proxies like Serbia and Ukraine that are acting both as strategic shields and resource baskets. Venice is also nice addition, altough it will surely make resurgent Italy even more hungry for revenge. Well done, I'm looking forward towards your future projects!