• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

G.Strategos

Proud former M&T Member
24 Badges
Mar 21, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
The're going to add China guys.
Any thoughts ?

Cheers.

The're going to add China guys.
Any thoughts ?
Time to make plans for a Protectorate of the Western Regions AAR and put my study of Chinese to use :p

But more specifically for this mod... this expansion could offer some interesting options, utilizing the off-map interactions for various things. Maybe even the Papacy could be overhauled to use it?

If you could have multiple instances of that interface... That'd be promising!

I think it's a decent compromise on how to have China. Perhaps could even be used in SWMH to represent the rest of India?

I'm not sure how it's supposed to represent the times China (or India in this case) was split amongst warring factions.

That definitely is a question that will hopefully be answered by the devs. It would possibly be a bit of a weak mechanic if it doesn't deal with the fractured state of China for... well, most of the CK2 period.

Nothing much to say other than what have already been said. The current projection will still be used, Western Tibet up to and including Guge will be added to our projection and no provinces will be added to the current Indian wasteland.

I'm too old to get hyped from dlcs.:p

Nothing much to say other than what have already been said. The current projection will still be used, Western Tibet up to and including Guge will be added to our projection and no provinces will be added to the current Indian wasteland.

I wasn't aware of any conversation concerning this matter, that's why I asked.
Good to know though. ;)

Last edited:

We have received questions about expanding our projection eastwards several times already and explained our reasons for not wanting to do that, but i guess i can do it again.

SWMH is too close to the upper province limit of what the CK2 engine can handle for us to be able add large number of provinces and have the game remain playable for players who are playing CK2 on great computers even after short periods of time in game (we are not even thinking about people playing on toasters here). So we have to prioritize our province additions very carefully.

And none of us Devs have any interest in expanding our India any further, so India will get no priority. The China-centric theme of the next expansion doesn't change this

Last edited:
We have received questions about expanding our projection eastwards several times already and explained our reasons for not wanting to do that, but i guess i can do it again.

SWMH is too close to the upper province limit of what the CK2 engine can handle for us to be able add large number of provinces and have the game remain playable for players who are playing CK2 on great computers even after short periods of time in game (we are not even thinking about people playing on toasters here). So we have to prioritize our province additions very carefully.

And none of us Devs have any interest in expanding our India any further, so India will get no priority. The China-centric theme of the next expansion doesn't change this
Performance problems can be resolved by as CK2Plus (India is a separated Sub-mod)
But Devs doesn't attract interest, there is no more EE...

Performance problems can be resolved by as CK2Plus (India is a separated Sub-mod)
But Devs doesn't attract interest, there is no more EE...

India is a separate sub-mod but you should keep in mind that in Plus India is more or less vanilla. So it probably has less provinces than what SWMH has near-indus region.
Thus the impact of that submod isn't as big as some people belive.

If SWMH wanted to add India, properly, and then tibet and other eastern stuff, they'd probably end up with extra 700 provinces. I don't think that even a space shuttle would be able to run that.

India is a separate sub-mod but you should keep in mind that in Plus India is more or less vanilla. So it probably has less provinces than what SWMH has near-indus region.
Thus the impact of that submod isn't as big as some people belive.

If SWMH wanted to add India, properly, and then tibet and other eastern stuff, they'd probably end up with extra 700 provinces. I don't think that even a space shuttle would be able to run that.
Extra 700 provinces,Oh god.
I give up.

But space shuttle's computer is very low performance.
Probably even vanilla will not work.

Note that I'm from CK2 Plus team, not SWMH and my estimate of 700 could be way off +/-. But it is an educated guess.

Also I said "space shuttle" intentionally, not space shuttle's computer ;)