• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(112641)

First Lieutenant
Aug 28, 2008
To start this AAR, I must say that I have been forced by the reading of mostly epic AAR's to start my own one, after reading all sorts of FAQ's available on those forums.
Also. Before I start with all those, I need to state a few things;
1. The Polish version is here due to me learning the language. Training purposes. I will give some explaination what-is-what during this.
GOALS AND RULES
I will not use whatever I consider gamey after achieving my first objective. That means no nav's, and no str's unless needed.
My objectives:
Primary: Prepare and survive the Italian attack in 1939.
Secondary: Achieve supremacy in the Balkans.
Secondary 2: Conquer Europe, and possibly the World.
I'm using Doomsday Armageddon 1.2 VBLV (or ZBLV, I must use two computers on this), 1936 campaign, vanilla, *cheated* to get Pristina and Skopje.
Expect an introduction soon.

Hmm interesting idea, good luck. I don't blame you for taking those provinces.

:eek: :eek:

People get more mad per the day. Yippe! :D

Good luck mate, your gonna need a lot of it. Subscribed.

Is Polish getting somewhat popular after the "Wielkopolska" AAR? ;)

jedrek: My translator dosen't want to translate anymore, so I need to learn the language.
Hatuke: I guess if this is my first AAR, I can just tell myself to take something that will fall anyway so I don't blame myself for failing :S Also thanks for that, as I think not even luck will help with this.
LordStrange: Thanks. I need that 3 IC, really. :p

Cabinet as of January 1 1936
January 1st, 1936. Tirana. Zog I's office.
Advisor: Sir! Sir! The message from Yugoslavia has just arrived!
Zog I: Hand it to me.
The advisor hands Zog the message.
We agree to your demands and cede you the lands that belong to your country. We agree to give you Pristina and Skopje and 260 money as those were belonging to the countymen in those lands.
Signed, H.R.H. Pavle Karadjordievic

Zog I: Excellent. Call me the Prime Minister. We need to talk.
The advisor leaves. After ten minutes, the Prime Minister arrives.
Midhat Frasheri: Why did you call me?
Zog I: Take a look at this.
pic1start.jpg

Albania after the ceding of Skopje and Pristina
He also hands him the letter from Yugoslavia's HOS.
Zog I: I request that you tell the others of this. Also, you must tell them that I allocate those:
pic2.jpg

Research of Basic Machine Tools
Zog I: Before you tell them that, you need to meet with me tomorrow to end this.
Midhat Frasheri: Of course.
Both leave.
January 2st, 1936. 0000 hours. Zog I's apartament.
Midhat Frasheri: You told me to meet with you tomorrow.
Zog I wakes up.
Zog I: Why did you get me up? I understand, you are a busy man, but why don't you sleep now?
Midhat Frasheri: I like it that way.
Zog I gets up and pulls the plans out of the closet.
pic3.jpg

Zog I: Here is what I noticed. The factories from the ceded regions are now online, but the manpower of ours is minus 20. How did that happen?
Midhar Frasheri: Well...*mutters*you should stop accussing everyone of being a spy...
Zog I: Anyway. I order to produce as much supplies as possible as they are good trade material after all.. After our recruitment program finally takes effect, we can go on and create our army.
pic4.jpg

Production allocation
Zog I: Now, sincerely, go and let me get some sleep.
The HOS leaves.

Last edited:
Haru yo koi said:
Imageshack says pictures deleted?
I did a made a few subalbums. To be sincere, I have update 2 semi-done already, but I don't want to ruin the pace and make it impossible to keep up...to me. :rofl:
Also, this is photobucket.

LordSlowpoke said:
I did a made a few subalbums. To be sincere, I have update 2 semi-done already, but I don't want to ruin the pace and make it impossible to keep up...to me. :rofl:
Also, this is photobucket.

Ah :)

Well they are back. Looks like this is going to be a great AAR, if you manage to get that manpower sorted. (Fingers crossed for event)

Ouch. -20 manpower and 0.03+ manpower per Day. Lol. :rofl:

How are you going to solve that without cheating before the Italian Ultimatum, only God knows.

A primary problem? You should see what happened next :D
This one time, I will post another update, giving 2 a day. I deny to keep a pace like that. I just must do it, I am forced by myself :rofl:

A few changes to the cabinet have been made.
pic1.jpg

I exchanged two ministers for other ones, giving me -20% needed consumer goods (boost to supplies which means boost to IC I don't use at all) and the inflencer to the alliance guy. Mainly because of the thing you will see next.
pic2.jpg

Increasing the spy network
But before, this. Due to the money I got from Yugoslavia, I can fund myself an espionage network.
pic3.jpg

I give a benificitary trade to Bulgaria in order to increase relations with them. I need an ally. But I sincerely dunno if I'm just wasting my oil for their 0.5 metal. I had a 7 surplus of metal anyway, lol.
pic4.jpg

+100 MANPOWER. A thing I wished for
OH MY GOD YES. Did I break something? Notice the rising relations with Bulgaria. I am lucky today, as I won 100 dollars on the lottery (lol), and now this. A good day to start with.

The youth these days. Back in my days, when I made the very first HoI2 Albania AAR, there were certanly no taking provinces freely, nor any money. I was happy when I militarly conquered these provinces many years into the game, and it only made me good. I did use military access on Germany after getting into the axis though, but at times it was almost justisable after Germany lost battles against the Netherlands and Austria. Let's not talk high about that anyway. I challenge you to take Addis Adaba, landlocked! :p

Ok, really. Good luck. The manpower will probably not be high enough for building any army before 1939 (your new provinces included) so you'll need it. If you ally with Germany, one thing you should not do if Germany refuses anschluss is attacking Austria. The AI will be all confused. ;)

Snake IV said:
The youth these days. Back in my days, when I made the very first HoI2 Albania AAR, there were certanly no taking provinces freely, nor any money. I was happy when I militarly conquered these provinces many years into the game, and it only made me good. I did use military access on Germany after getting into the axis though, but at times it was almost justisable after Germany lost battles against the Netherlands and Austria. Let's not talk high about that anyway. I challenge you to take Addis Adaba, landlocked! :p

Ok, really. Good luck. The manpower will probably not be high enough for building any army before 1939 (your new provinces included) so you'll need it. If you ally with Germany, one thing you should not do if Germany refuses anschluss is attacking Austria. The AI will be all confused. ;)
...Back in your days, good sir, you didn't get an event to get +100 MP and the ability to build your first militia. I thought INF costed 4.9 IC everywhere :S Or it was just my assembly line. Damn.

That was manpower in that event? I thought it was money. My eyes aren't as good as they used to. Now you lost all charm of the nation :p

interesting start. i will die of shock if you conquer europe. but it should be fun seeing how you do. i shouldnt imagine defending against italy will be very hard but after that who knows?

Stip should be part of Bulgaria with these additions I think... just my thought.

Anyways I wish you luck with tiny little Albania, at least for now... make them the jewel of the Balkans. Major problem with Albania isn't their IC its that nasty -20 or something like that starting manpower.

@Snake: Heh. I don't mind that.
@BritishImperial: It will. It will as hell. If will be the hell on Earth to survive that. :S
@Dr.Death: I don't know how to *hack* save games. If I knew, I would make custom events, as I know how to make them but dunno how to implement them. Also, many and many fixes to the map...heh.
Update soon.

Sincerely, I dunno how I should write. I guess I'll stick to pure gameplay, as I'm not good with stories, as you have seen before. I'll stick to one update a day too, if possible.
Update third.
________
pic1.jpg

The new production
I have ordered to create one anti-air battery to protect my future IC center - Pristina. Far from Italians, at least enough to survive to the end, but close to Bulgaria. After I get them into my little alliance, thus breaking the Pact of Steel before it happened, I will secure my IC base with them.
Also it's exposed to Yugoslavia. But I already said, I will protect it using Bulgarian troops.
pic2.jpg

Espionage network
My money for this network will run out soon, so I must get 6 spies and start the counterespionage while getting as much money as possible. I don't change my production to consumer goods, anyway, so that will be hard.
pic3.jpg

Diplomacy, far and close
Damn. EVERYONE hates me. Expect that little Bulgaria. And Greece. But that's it.
Bonus pic:
pic4.jpg

Europe and the Balkans as of 26 march 1939. For future reference.

hadnt realised you've actually split yugoslavia. they wont be very happy with that.