• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Attelwyn

First Lieutenant
79 Badges
Aug 4, 2011
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Impire
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2
Foreword

Warning
If you're here looking for tips on how to be a better player, this is not the right place for you. I'm not a great player at the best of times, and this is purely a Role-playing playthrough.

Eldar?
Don't bother debating how true to Warhammer my Eldar race is. The answer is; Not at all. I merely picked a race I had already made and changed it to fit this playthrough.

These numbers...
Keen-eyed observers might notice that I've fudged the dates a bit (if I didn't already inform you now that is). I really dislike how elections get pushed further and further back as time goes on, so in my galaxy people always take office on the first of the first every ten years.
Example: 2200.01.01 - 2210.01.01 - and so on.
I also removed my starting ruler from the story and inserted the first elected ruler in their stead, since I dislike how they just disappear from the game.

What to expect?
Being Xenophile Pacifist and Spiritualists, my species is a friendly bunch who doesn't want to fight. Because of that, the first thing I did was to delete our fleet. Normally this would be a really stupid thing to do, as it just invites people to invade you. That is one of the reasons I've started in a federation. I'm hoping their fleets will deter any wars long enough for us to make friends with anyone we meet.

Anything else?
This entire story is written as log entries by our rulers into the chronicles of the Eldar species. The rulers are called Revered Elders. Leaders are called Elders. Elder is not just a title but also a description, so being a long-lived species, all my Elders are Eldars, even though we technically allow other species to hold positions too.

KRIHSdS.jpg

06dlejEl.jpg

FxV3hRkl.jpg

Proof-read by Sapphidia.​

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Part 1: Peace

X7Ti8BQ.jpg

Carronia
2200.01.01​
It is a great honor for me to be chosen to lead our people in these historic times. With our new technology finally in place, our first manned spaceships are scheduled to leave our home system before the end of the year. Not only will we be able to explore the galaxy from up close, but we will finally have the opportunity to visit our allies and (until now) pen-pals, The Assembly of Troidom and The Grand Duchy of Ucrichi. We will most assuredly build a great future together as we explore the galaxy and meet new species.

hEbmIKF.jpg

Great news. It didn't take our explorers long to find signs of alien life. Unfortunately, the artifacts they recovered are over two million years old. They seem to have belonged to an ancient federation that called itself the "First League". Being in a federation ourselves I'm sure we can learn a lot from our foremothers. I almost want to propose to change our federations name to the "Second League", but I don't think it would be accepted. So the "Galactic Peace Initiative" will have to stand for now.

After our initial success five years ago I had hoped we would have met more civilizations by now, or at least signs of more ancient ones. We finally did meet one though, and speaking of ancient, these guys seem to be. They are an old spiritual species that call themselves the Sorann Protectors. And whilst I want to be excited for our first meeting with like-minded people who know how important the Divine is, their first message to us left something to be desired. And I quote: "Another child. Know that we are the Sorann Protectors, the chosen people of this galaxy. Respect our holy places, and we may refrain from annihilating you." We've tried to open communication with them, but they flat out refused our envoys entry to their territory.

I guess the galaxy is a more dangerous place than we had initially hoped. We have found evidence of yet another extinct civilization. A planet the explorers dubbed Ruinous Core was found not long ago. It is a planet covered in irradiated, rusting remnants of demolished buildings, infrastructure and vehicles, with decaying orbital stations circling around it. There also seem to be several other planets like it in the same and neighboring systems that we should investigate.

We've finally found alien life. A while ago our ships encountered a creature that lives in space. They were named Space Amoeba by its first observers, though further study shows that they are as complex a life form as anything we can find here on Throne. And the size! They are larger than any ships we have yet to construct. Hopefully, we can learn to co-exist. Our scientists are working on developing some means to communicate with them.

Once again I am honored to be elected as our Revered Elder.

No rest for the Tarblac as they say. Just yesterday I was sworn into office again, and today we have opened communication with a new species. They call themselves the Mirocandia Devourers. Despite the name I have faith we will be able to become friends. Their Warlord Feron ka Jatek ensures me that Honor is the most important creed for their warriors, and as long as we don't encroach on their territory we will not have any problems.

Our explorers have found a shipwreck floating in space. An analysis of their logs reveals that they were on their way to a previously uncharted (by us) system to retrieve an important artifact called The Rubricator that had been stolen from them. We have no information of where the ship came from, but we will go and investigate the new system to see if we can meet the people living there, or maybe even find this mysterious artifact.

As the galaxy is most assuredly a dangerous place our priests have started an initiative to make it safer for us all. They have divined a ritual to Consecrate Worlds. If we can find some places that are more holy than others and perform this ritual, it will make them into beacons for the Divine. In fact, we already know just the place for our first consecration: a Gaia planet in the Bokrimar system. We will keep an eye out for more holy places.

PgsLB5O.jpg

Has it already been twelve years since we discovered the systems filled with ruined planets? Our scientists have concluded that most assuredly the destruction was the result of a war against some unknown assailants. Yet again proof that war leads to nothing but ruin. The final analysis of the planets states that we can re-inhabit them. Or, we can't, but our friends the Assembly of Troidom can, since their people the Praku are a mineral-based lifeform and therefore not as affected by the planet's irradiation. We're making a deal with them as I write.

rygEJSi.jpg

Our first colony ship has landed. Or rather it crashed? Our deal with the Assembly of Troidom was swiftly completed. We would pay all costs for the colonization and they would supply us colonists. A good deal all around. But they insisted that we make the ship by their specs. So we made what is basically a big hollow rock with an engine attached to it. And when the ship arrived, rather than landing, they smashed the ship into the surface of the planet. Luckily the ship was built for this and everyone survived. We look forward to seeing if they can get a colony going on Lost Encampment, and then we'll see about colonizing the rest of the ruined worlds too.

2Hg4758.jpg

Haghonona

I am our new Revered Elder, Haghonona.
I will lead our people for the next 10 years.
In this time I vow to rectify a big oversight by my predecessor, it is time to spread the Eldar beyond Throne. It is time to populate a planet of our own, instead of creating new ones for the Praku.

A device has been found in the Bokrimar system. We've given it the name "The Atomic Clock".
It is counting down to something 42 years and 3 days from now.
We will keep an eye out for it. Hopefully, it won't have any ill effects on our Consecrated World of Bokrimar IIIa.

I have kept my promise. Today the first colony ship crewed only by Eldar has landed on Afrmyke B III.
This is a great moment for our species.

One of our explorers has found a shrine of Eldar likeness floating in space.

evQnXq5.jpg

Katrilla

I am your new Revered Eldar, Katrilla.
Honestly, I have campaigned heavily in order to be elected, and it is with great joy that I take up this mantle. And why did I want this job so much, you ask? You see, one year, two months, and two days ago I was the lead Science Officer on the explorer that discovered the "Eldar Shrine" floating in space. And since then Revered Elder Haghonona did nothing about it! This is perhaps the single most important discovery in our history! And she dismissed it as a curiosity.
There will be no more of that. I promise I will spare no resources to get to the bottom of this. But first, let me tell you about the initial find.
The Shrine we found was previously an asteroid that had been laser-chiseled into the likeness of an old Eldar Shrine, more specifically to a Warrior Goddess of an old extinct faith, named only as The Untold. And it is much, much older than we've had space flight for.

We've found another shrine in the Ziris system, similar to the first one. Investigations are underway. The scientists have named them "The Shrines to the Old Gods". This one seems to worship The Undaunted.

Seventeen years ago we found a ship floating in space that was looking for something called the Rubricator. We have finally found the system they were heading for and investigated it. There is an inhabitable planet there, but it doesn't seem to actually be inhabited as we had initially hoped. Our archaeologists are more than eager to land and start excavating. But, of course, they will have to be patient a bit longer. Even if we had the means to claim the system right now, our explorers are all busy looking for ancient shrines.

After a lot of careful work on the shrine to The Undaunted, we have retrieved a scroll from inside made from a sturdy plastic polymer. It seems to be a list of her doctrines. It's being sent home to Throne for further analysis.

We've met another federation! This one was built on militaristic policies rather than peaceful ones like ours. But the United Birnathi Imperium, leader of the Glorious Birnathi Dominion, seems reasonable enough and has accepted our envoys. We do however need to step up our search for the shrines. The area we're searching is right outside their borders. We must find them before they expand.

We've found another shrine in the Enim System. This one seems to be worshiping The Benefactress.

I feel that I should make a note of this day. One of our most ambitious projects has finally been completed. With the help of the Assembly of Troidom, we have managed to settle all of the ruined worlds we discovered twenty-six years ago. Seven in total. Truly it is wonderous what we can manage to accomplish together. We hope this can serve as an example to other species that cooperation is far preferable to conflict.

The entire inside of the shrine to The Benefactress was covered in pictograms. Copying them down took longer than I would have hoped, but the work is finally complete. They are being sent back to Throne for further analysis.

8i7TLrW.jpg

Around the galaxy, our explorers have found inoperable portals, or Gateways, that we assume could be connected if activated. However, in the Yannok's Maw system we have just found a gate unlike the others. This one seems to have been altered after its creation and has been disconnected from the network. Instead, it seems to lead to a cluster of stars outside of our galaxy. We have designated it the L-Cluster, and this new portal the L-Gate.

We have found what we believe to be the last Shrine; this one worshiping The Percipient. Investigations are underway.

Today we met yet another species. And I have to wonder how they managed to develop spaceflight. Or maybe it was given to them by someone else? They don't seem to have a complex society or economy, all they have are fleets. Lots and lots of fleets. They threatened to eat us if we came too close, but also offered to eat others if we paid them. Needless to say, we're going to stay far away from these people.

After some initial failure, the shrine to The Percipient has finally been decoded. With text from all four shrines gathered we can now start piecing it all together.

We have the complete doctrine of the gods!
Every hole in our previous doctrine has been patched. Every misinterpretation has been fixed. It is clear from these texts that we walk in the footsteps of the Divines!

Allow me a moment of contemplation. The doctrine we discovered is one of the most significant findings the Eldar has ever uncovered, of that I have no doubt. Nor do I doubt that the Divines themselves have put us on this path.
And yet I fear for our future.
After the doctrine was released to the public a new fervor for spiritualism has gripped our people. And as more and more people read our religious text, there are more and more people who realize that they do not, in fact, prohibit violence; instead, Holy wars are actually encouraged. We've had our share of wars in the past, but when our planet was finally united behind a single religion we no longer had any need for them. And four hundred years ago when we also united into a single nation it was written into the constitution that no Eldar was allowed to bear arms. Now that we face new dangers in the galaxy our people are questioning whether this doesn't actually go against the will of the Divine.

The Senate has today received a request that our constitution should be amended. That we should abandon our pacifist ways.
May the Divines shelter us.

It has been twenty-seven years since we first met the Mirovandian Devourers, and today I am happy to announce that our friendship is building. The Galactic Peace Initiative has signed them on as an associate. Hopefully, this will only be the first step in a greater future cooperative.

Just as things were starting to look up on our diplomatic front, the galaxy bites our ears. We've met yet another species that is impossible to deal with. The Prikkiki-Ti calls themselves Purifiers and are apparently out to destroy all life in the galaxy. We'll try to keep our distance from them too.

I, Ketrilla, am happy to announce that I have been re-elected as our Revered Elder. I hope to continue to give our people no reason to regret their faith in me.

Today is a turning point for all Eldar. Our constitution has been amended. Pacifism is no longer a driving force for our people.
May the Divines shelter us.

VsOakHs.jpg

We've met a good number of alien empires by now. And we are, of course, not the only ones. Diplomats from around the galaxy have banded together and proposed the establishment of a new organization where different species can meet to talk about important galactic issues. We Eldar are fully behind this endeavor. This is assuredly the first step in lasting galactic peace.

It took no more than a year. On this historic day, empires from across the galaxy have come together to form a Galactic Community. This supranational organization will serve as a forum where matters involving the entire galaxy can be discussed and decided upon. As one of its founding members, we can take pride in this milestone of galactic history.

We have met many strange things in the galaxy, though this latest one is an abomination. In the Intham system, our explorers encountered a ship of unprecedented size, controlled by an AI. The system it operates in seems to have been destroyed in some ancient conflict, leaving debris everywhere, and two of the planets have broken apart. The autonomous ship, which has been named the Scavenger Bot, is going around the system picking up scraps and using them to make itself bigger and bigger. Quick scans that the explorers did before fleeing the system indicate that the ship has many times the fleet power of both our allies combined.

It has now been fourteen years since we found the system which was said to contain an ancient artifact called the Rubricator. And we have finally found it. Which should have been great news. But as soon as our explorers picked it up a huge, and I mean HUGE, dragon-like creature appeared out of the void and snatched up the prize. While it seems everyone covets the artifact, I'm inclined to leave it to the Dragon. Despite some rudimentary speech, she did not seem to be someone we can reason with.

b6iIpRM.jpg

Once again I am humbled by the faith our people place in me. I have been re-elected for my third term.

True unity is achieved only when the ultimate goals of an empire and its people are one and the same. After all, a house divided against itself cannot stand. With the rise of spiritualism, we the Eldar have united under One Vision.

DsRBhPS.jpg

One of the oldest projects of spacefaring Eldar is coming to a close. We have managed to locate the home system of the First League, a system they called Fen Habbanis. I have sent an expedition to investigate.

On Fen Habbanis III we've found the First League Headquarters. The planet was so densely populated that when the League collapsed it had no way of keeping its people fed. Starvation and wars of desperation seem to have wiped out its entire population in time. A cautionary tale to be sure. There is much we can learn here.

I, Revered Elder Katrilla, have been granted a fourth term.

The Atomic Clock found forty-two years and three days ago has finished its countdown. And the result was... more devastating than we had hoped. As it reached its deadline it transmitted a signal to Bokrimar IIIa, triggering a thermonuclear explosion of such devastating power it laid waste to the entire planet. It being our first consecrated world I immediately sent priests to investigate the planet, but despite it now being a toxic wasteland they assure me that it has not become any less holy.

0toY3Mm.jpg

The Praku citizens of Silent Colony, one of the ruined worlds, have found a vault deep underground. Unfortunately, there was nothing but bones and dust to be found inside, as the inhabitants ran out of food approximately two hundred years ago. We've recovered logs and libraries from inside, and while the people are gone, they will not be forgotten.

I, Revered Elder Katrilla, have been granted a fifth term.

The Galactic Community has come through for us. It has been agreed that it is time to create a new commercial forum to centralize trade. Everyone has mobilized their diplomats to be allowed to be the ones to build and house this new hub. We, of course, are no different.

P043BKP.jpg

It is done! The Galactic Community has agreed that the new centralized Galactic Market shall be located on Throne. While this will, of course, have a major impact on our economy, this is hardly the only benefit. A large number of alien species will now be visiting the heart of our empire, and while they are here they will pick up not only our goods but also our culture. When they see how prosperous we are as a result of our peaceful ways they will surely become more inclined to peace themselves. We stand as an example to the galaxy, and now we have the means to make it listen.

Why is it that every time things start to look good, someone feels the need to throw grass in our eyes? The borders to our neighboring Purifiers have been nothing but tense from the start, and now they see fit to send insults our way! But I will remain calm. They might insult our culture, they might insult our appearance, but they are not loved by the Divines.

Treason! Pirates! Actual Eldar pirates. Where did they even get military-grade ships from? We don't have any military-grade ships. For now, we made a deal for the Grand Duchy of Ucrichi to deal with them for us. The merchants are not happy though and demand protection. We have commissioned some new starbases we plan to station patrol fighters on, but we're still lacking military personnel to crew it with. That's why we've made another deal with the Grand Duchy. They will supply us personnel in exchange for ten percent of our trade income.

Empires are starting to band together. Unfortunately not with us. The Glorious Birnathi Dominion, the militaristic federation, has gained a new member, the Cyggan Coalition. This is a huge boon for them, and might have been worrying for us. However, the United Birnathi Imperium, leader of the federation, and our closest neighbors to the north are becoming our friends. Just recently we agreed to a mutual immigration treaty with them.

I, Revered Elder Katrilla, have been granted a sixth term.

Our relation with the Prikkiki-Ti is at an all-time low. At this point, it would not be unthinkable for them to declare war on us. Several Elders have suggested it is time for us to start building a fleet. But are we ready for that step yet? Though we removed the restriction on bearing arms, making platforms of war seems like a giant leap.

A resolution has been passed in the Galactic Community to create a council consisting of the three most influential members of the community. No doubt we Eldar will claim one of those seats for our own.

The seats on the Galactic Council have been filled! The Eldar did, of course, get one of them. Together with the Jhennlot Industries and the Democratic Entheri States. We are looking forward to working with them to lead and safeguard the Galactic Community. Now we will finally be able to get things done in an expedient manner.

We have at long last finished consecrating all the Holy places inside Eldar Space. There was some debate over whether we could get it done or not, as the Spiritual ancient empire warned us off any planet they had claimed as their own Holy places. But despite their reluctance to talk to us, we did manage to have them agree that as long as we only performed our ritual and then left again, we would be allowed to do so.
And we've noticed an immediate effect on all our citizens. With the Divines' protection blanketing us, we are more united than ever before.

I, Revered Elder Katrilla, have been granted a seventh term.

Today is a sad, though not unexpected, day. Elder Scientist Tirrana has died at the young age of 103 in the Hauer System. She is the first Eldar Elder to have died outside of our home system of Throne. We have yet to determine how she died, but it seems it might not have been entirely unexpected for Tirrana herself, as in her Ascension notes she expressed a desire to be buried in the system she died in. We will, of course, comply with her wishes.

The Divines guides us! As we were searching the Hauer system for a place to bury Elder Tirrana we came across an Ancient Tomb. It looks to have stood untouched for several million years camouflaged behind a chameleon field. It was pure luck that we found it as we only did so because a stray meteor struck the field just as we were scanning the area. Or was it luck?
Elder Tirrana dying of unknown causes? After having expressed her desire to be buried in the system she died in? And then a chance stray meteor showing us a hidden location unseen for millions of years? I have no doubt that there is something in the tomb that the Divines want us to find.

The alien glyphs above the door to the Ancient Tomb have been translated. And they read:
"I am ZARQLAN, the Guardian of MOZ-TARB, the Prophet of ZVA. In a galaxy awash with spite and hatred, I have chosen to seclude myself here. Proceed, if ye be worthy."
As a species that embodies the opposites of spite and hatred, there is no doubt that we are worthy. And we have the Divines to guide us.

The second chamber of the Ancient Tomb holds little interest. Only an inscription that reads:
"Petty kings issued edicts in my name. Empires waged war in my honor. Fools sang my praises. I would have none of it."

In the third chamber of the Ancient Tomb another text reads:
"Those who wish to parlay with ZARQLAN must first find their way. There is, in each chamber, a hidden key that must be turned to proceed. The purpose of these challenges will soon be revealed."

In the fourth chamber, over the entrance to the fifth, there is more alien writing that reads:
"There is none. The challenges are as meaningless as these words. That is my lesson. I am ZARQLAN, the pawn. Swept along by the currents of history against my will. Proceed and an audience shall be yours, should one still be of interest."

JFmtJg8.jpg

The final chamber of the Ancient Tomb has been unlocked. Inside the archaeologists found the giant decaying body of Zarqlan. Which is remarkable considering it's been several million years. The rest of the chamber found no interest, but as we know we were guided here by the Divines it was decided that it was the body itself that was to be our relic. The body was too far gone to be moved, but the head was surprisingly well-preserved. We had it removed and sent to Throne.

No sooner than Zarqlans Head was removed from his tomb, I was contacted by the Sorann Protectors, the ancient spiritualists. It seems the Divines has informed them of our discovery. And now they are calling us the chosen of the great Zarqlan. (Considering how Zarqlan viewed himself he would be turning in his tomb if he was still there.) Since we've been chosen they now grant us ownership of their Holy worlds, and should we accept, many pilgrims will come and fight under our banner.
But we have no wish to settle their Holy worlds as we have already consecrated them, and we do not fight.

We've had a breakthrough in the field of biology. We've always had a policy of open borders with other empires, and now after almost a hundred years of we have no less than seven species living on our planets. It's been inevitable that sometimes interspecies love would blossom. And now we have a new revolutionary medical procedure that will allow any two species to create children together. We call it the Xeno-Compatibility patch.

qOgoKqr.jpg

I, Revered Elder Katrilla, have been granted an eighth term.

Wpw3bCt.jpg

We Eldar are connected to the universe, to the Divine, in a way no other species we've met can boast. Our scientists have come up with a theory that we can make this connection even deeper. More research is needed to see if there is something to this Psionic Theory.

mH6rTs7.jpg

Despite our best efforts we continue to come into conflict with some of the other species. The Democratic Entheri States, no doubt looking to gain more influence and taking the top Galactic Council seat from us, has started claiming that some of our systems rightfully belong to them. The Divines will surely punish them for their audacity.

The Mirovandia Devourers have long been our friends. Unfortunately, they also border the Prikkiki-Ti, who is not anyone's friend, and who they have been at war with several times. After the last disastrous war, Mirovandia finds itself too weak to fight more wars against the purifiers in the future. Today a representative of their War Council came to Throne to ask us for protection. I can only imagine how hard it must be for them to ask such of us. But I can see no other course than to accept. We must hold out our hands to those in need, and extend our Divines' protection to them. We have agreed to take them in as our vassals.

Our scientists have done it! Their research into our deep connection to the Divine has come through. Since the early days of our civilization, there have always been tales of sorcerers who could wield supernatural abilities. And now our scientists have managed to unlock these latent psionic abilities in the Eldar. There are still few in numbers who can use their psionics in a meaningful way, but I have been assured that this is only the first step. That in time we will be able to unlock the true psionic potential in not only all living Eldar but also every Eldar that has yet to be born. May the Divines guide us.

0tZq8EH.png

The Divines guides us! The Eldar species has experienced what can only be described as a Great Awakening. Almost overnight, one year after we awakened the first Eldar psionics, Eldar everywhere has suddenly unlocked their full psionic capacity. It is as if some sort of communal pool of Eldar psychic energy finally reached a critical tipping point, collectively awakening the latent abilities of our brains. With our entire species now being telepaths, we are more united in thought than ever. It is like a veil has been lifted off our minds.

4tNa61z.jpg

Like a muffled whisper in a dark room, the Shroud calls to us from within our minds. It is a primordial realm of pure psychic energy that came into being at the dawn of time. All creatures that have been gifted with psionic abilities tap into the Shroud in some way to draw power, even if only subconsciously. Since our transcendence, we have begun to see the Shroud with greater clarity. There are patterns where once even our strongest telepaths could see only a formless mass of swirling energy. There are... other things as well. Spirits of a sort, that gaze back on us from the other side. Sometimes with curiosity, sometimes with kindness... and sometimes with malice. We are still in the process of learning the extent of our new powers, but it may be possible for us to commune with these spirits. It will require the combined efforts of our most powerful telepaths. But for certain, we must explore the Shroud.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Part 2: Turmoil

We are not the only ones who have a Marauder faction on our borders. The Glorious Birnathi Dominion has one pretty much inside their territory. But this one apparently has delusions of grandeur. They have united behind a warlord who calls himself Great Khan Wlurguarq and have effectively declared war on the entire galaxy. I am not too worried. They are surrounded on all sides by a militaristic federation.

We have built a new governmental building we call the Conclave of Telepaths. After days inside, locked in a hypnotic trance, our Elders have managed to open a brief gateway into the Shroud. Now that we know how to connect to it, it should be easier to replicate the feat in the future. It will still consume a tremendous amount of energy, so we will have to do it sparingly, but it is time to reach in and see what we find.

In one of the lower planes of the Shroud, we encountered a spirit that had ensconced itself behind some kind of powerful psionic shield, who told us in no uncertain terms to "Leave!". Not to be deterred our telepaths channeled all their psionic might against it and were able to breach the shield. We do not know what they saw on the inside as it permanently unhinged their minds. We did learn something from this, however, as the act of breaching the shield taught us how to make similar force fields ourselves.

I have made a grave mistake in underestimating the Jhoolian Khanate. They have reached our borders, and not only that, they have destroyed our starbase in the Bakrimar system. This means that we have lost control of the consecrated Holy world of Bakrimar IIIa. May the Divines shelter us.

X7Ti8BQ.jpg

This is Revered Elder Carronia, I have been elected to my third term. It has been ninety years since I last lead our people, and honestly, I think Elder Ketrilla has been doing a great job of it. It is no secret though that the loss of the Bakrimar system was a heavy blow to her popularity. Additionally, I lead us in one of our most turbulent times as we set our first steps outside of our home system. As such our people feel that I am the right person to lead in these times as well, as we find ourselves in the first war in over five hundred years. I will do everything I can to prove their trust is not misplaced.

It's clear that we will need a military. We have yet to craft a single warship of our own, and we will probably have to figure out how to pretty soon. For now, I have contacted the Sorann Protectors who have sent over a fleet calling themselves Zarqlan's Pilgrims. It is not enough, but it is a start.

As we were missing a fleet, we also have no military-trained Elders. Lacking that we have instead chosen the strongest psychic amongst all of us to be the Admiral of our new fleet. I can only hope that our newest Elder, Admiral Lelila, will be able to learn what she needs to whilst on the job.

Our friends the United Birnathi Imperium keep being hammered by the Khanate's fleets. With all the hardship they face it is no surprise that more and more of them turn to the Divine for protection. Enough so that Birnathi has seen an ethics shift in recent days, becoming more outwardly spiritualists.

The Cyggan Coalition has called an emergency agenda before the Galactic Community. As they see it, the Jhoolian Khanate is a threat not just to them and their federation, but to all free Empires in the galaxy. I am inclined to agree and will be voting to enact this resolution. Under the terms proposed no member of the Galactic Community will be allowed to deny another entry into their territory. If our fleets can move unhindered we might finally be able to band together and defeat the Khan.

We have managed to retake the Bokrimar system with the help of our federation allies. As we're still far from the Khanate's borders they didn't get the chance to fortify the system before we arrived. And, Divines bless us, the Holy planet remains untouched. It having turned into a Toxic world might have actually worked in our favor. Perhaps that was the Divines' will all along.

In recent days many civilian ships have arrived bearing refugees from the United Birnathi Imperium. It is our divine duty to help those who ask for it, so we will not be turning anyone away. But this is a clear sign of just how badly their side of the war is going. I wish we could do more, but we are not equipped to help with the actual fighting. For now, we have made a public announcement that our Empire is a Free Haven for anyone who needs it, regardless of species or origin. Eldar Space covers many stars and planets. We have planets far from the war as well as close to the war. Anyone who comes here will be able to choose if they want to help with our war efforts or if they want to live somewhere they hopefully never have to hear about the war ever again.

ivZDg1f.jpg

Our telepaths have explored the Shroud again. Whilst there they noticed what appeared to be alien ships dropping in and out of existence. After a while, they managed to lock on to one of these ships and feel the mind-glow of its crew. From them we have learned the secret of how to make a Psionic Jump Drive for our own ships. This might actually give us a fighting chance against the Khanate, as no matter where on our borders they attack we can get there in a manner of days. Figuring out how to make these drives has been made a top priority. The Divines willing, we will make them in time.

We are not ready yet! The "Great Khan" Wlurguarq himself has arrived at the Bokrimar system. Does he also sense that there is some importance to that particular system? The military starbase we built there, and its crew, are nowhere near powerful enough to fight him off by themselves, and we have yet to manage to create a working Psionic Jump Drive. It pains me to admit, but we have no choice but to leave Bokrimar IIIa to fend for itself once again. May the Divines shelter all the people who will be lost, be they Eldar, Praku, Wi-Ziraki, or any other species living on the starbase.

Our friends, the United Birnathi Imperium has submitted to the Khanate... and I cannot fault them for this. As the leader of the Glorious Birnathi Dominion, they have been at the forefront of the war from the start. They have lost probably more people than all other Empires combined. For now, the Cyggan Coalition has taken over the leadership of the Dominion, but it might just be a matter of time before they have to submit too. This does mean that we Eldar no longer have a buffer between us and the Jhoolian Khanate and that we have to assume they will send even more forces our way.

Refugees have now started arriving from the Cyggan Coalition too. I can only imagine how nerve-wracking the journey must have been for them, as they most certainly must have had to pass through the Khan's territory to get here. We will welcome them with open arms. We will remain a Free Haven for any who wish for one.

I remember that back in the days when the Galactic Council was first formed, it was said that we would finally be able to get things done in an expedient matter. What a joke. Today the resolution to have the Jhoolian Khanate classified as a galactic threat has been passed. A bit late for the Birnathi and their federation, I would say.

No one in the galaxy (maybe except the Democratic Entheri States) is under the illusion that the Khanate is not a threat to us all anymore. We have invited everyone to join our federation at this point, as together we would stand stronger. The Groknaploran TransStellar and the Multyx Commonwealth appear to agree we must band together, but I guess not with us, as they have formed their own federation.

The Great Khan has finally made a strategic error. He attacked our new military starbase in the Naos system, whilst Admiral Lelila and her growing fleet of Pilgrims were just one star away. They arrived just in time to hand the Khan his first ever defeat in a battle. It's regretful that he managed to get away, but it seems we finally have a fighting chance.

Another victory for our fleet. Whilst we haven't seen the Khan after he fled the last battle, it seems he won't stop sending forces our way. Unfortunately, this latest battle took its toll on the Zarqlan's Pilgrims destroyer class ships. We must find a way to send more reinforcements.

I've been re-elected and will now serve my fourth term.

We have figured out how to make working Psionic Jump Drives. The order has already gone out to have all our ships refitted. Where we before had to choose where to defend our borders, we can now manage to defend all of it with just one fleet. Surely this is a turning point in the war.

We have defeated yet another attack against the Naos system.

The Khanate tried to be clever, sending forces against the Noas system and the Bokrimar system in quick succession. But our new Psionic jump Drives have proven their worth. A distance that would normally take our fleet three months to cover was traversed in less than three weeks: just fast enough to defeat them yet again.

Yet another federation forms. The Jhennlot Industries and the Fex'Klanga Intersolar have banded together to counter the Khanate.

I've been re-elected and will now serve my fifth term.

It is done... The Khan has been killed in battle. He had gathered a large fleet for his return, and it looked like we would not be able to defeat him this time. That is... until Admiral Lelila, who was chosen because she was the strongest psychic of us all, desperately reached into the Shroud, by herself, and called a... Psionic Avatar to her side. This massive entity, larger even than the Khan's battleship, laid waste to the remaining Khanate ships. Whilst I'm happy the Khan has been defeated, I fear. What is this thing? Is there a price to pay for calling it here? And just how powerful is Elder Lelila?

The Jhoolian Khanate has been in turmoil for the last few months. Competing factions have vied for control of their territories and it looked like the most likely outcome would be a splintering into different successor states. This changed with the sudden coronation of a new Khan. For now, they seem more concerned with consolidating rather than conquest. We will remain vigilant, but hope for peace.

With its internal problems, the New Jhoolian Khanate seems to have forgotten all about their Satrapy, the United Birnathi Imperium. In order to counter the Khanate's power, we have extended our hand of friendship to the Birnathi, who have accepted becoming our vassal. Many of their people are already petitioning to get sent home, but yet more of them are from planets still under occupation.

Elder Lelila returned home to Throne today, to thunderous applause. After winning the war for us, her popularity amongst the people is unrivaled. I say winning the war, but technically it's more like a status quo. It doesn't matter though. We stood before the greatest threat we have ever encountered, and we survived with minimal losses. Despite losing control over the Bokrimar system on three different occasions, Bokrimar IIIa is still shining just as brightly as a beacon to the Divines as it ever did.
Let us take this moment to celebrate a new Eldar Hero.

Thirty-three years ago we agreed to take the Mirovandia Devourers in as our vassals. Today the borders between Mirovandia and Eldar are no longer significant. In just a short time they have not just accepted our protection but also our culture, our way of life. They have become a part of us.

Xb6Y3ru.jpg

Our diplomacy is at an all-time high. After defeating the Great Khan and sheltering all those who asked us for protection, we have gained a reputation amongst the people of the galaxy. We have been granted the title of Defender of the Galaxy from the common people. It is an unofficial title that nevertheless puts a smile on my face. As we strive to create a peaceful galaxy, having the backing of its citizens is a great boon.

1JBNRMV.jpg

Elder Jonnara died today. As far as we can determine her brain just shut off suddenly and unexpectedly. As one of our lead scientists in physics, her loss will be felt.

We have lost two more Elders. Both dying in the same way as Elder Jonnara did. I fear we might have something serious on our hands. We need to find the cause as soon as we can.

The sickness that has gripped our Elders has claimed four more victims. It has only targeted people who have been in close contact with the Shroud, so it has been dubbed Shroud sickness until we learn more. For now, I have forbidden any further attempts to communicate with it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Part 3: War

CjZoLQQ.jpg

Lelila

This is Elder Lelila. Temporarily the acting Revered Elder. After the unfortunate death of our Revered Elder Carronia, as well as all our Elder Governors and Scientists, even though I was previously just an Admiral, it has fallen to me to lead our people in these hard times. Now that I lead, I promise there will be no more deaths to the Shroud sickness.

I went to the Conclave of Telepaths today to commune with the Shroud. While exploring I came across a tiny space within that had a concentration of psionic energy of a magnitude we have never seen before. As I investigated this raw energy I found a way to tap into it, to channel it into myself. The entire Shroud seemed to shudder as the power transferred into me. I was already the strongest psychic we had. Now... I am probably the strongest psychic this galaxy has ever seen. There can no longer be any doubt that I have been Chosen by the Divines.

6136tHD.jpg

We have declared war on our neighbor, the T'jell Marauders. With the Great Khan fresh in our memories, we cannot allow such a thing to happen again. If the Marauding clans refuse to civilize then they must be dealt with.

Our federation has served us well since the beginning. No one can deny the assistance the Assembly of Troidom and the Grand Duchy of Ucrichi has provided us in times of need. However, these days we far outpower them in Military, Economy, Population, and diplomatic weight in general. We proposed to the federation that from now on there should be no more rotation of presidents among us. Instead the Eldar, as the strongest member, would best serve as its leader. Despite some initial resistance to the idea the others have come around to our point of view.

The once proud nomadic warrior culture of the T'jell is no more. We have destroyed the last of their massive space stations that housed their people. There will be no repeat Khan.

I have been officially elected as our Revered Elder. Running an election campaign while fighting a war on the marauders was a distraction I didn't need. But I won, so I won't complain.

Battered refugees of T'jell fleeing the recent destruction of their home systems have arrived in Eldar Space. Taking in refugees from your enemies might not be something just anyone would do, but we are Eldar. We are a Free Haven for all who seek shelter.

With peace settling on the galaxy, the Galactic Community can take on more peaceful agendas again, like the ban on organic slave trade we Eldar had proposed. Now that it has passed we are one step closer to a harmonious future.

The Ikaanan Star Regime has seen the value of building a friendship with us, even though they are fanatic xenophobes. For now, they have been given an associate status with our federation. Diplomacy will continue in order to make them a full member.

I've been going over our explorer's reports from around the galaxy and it has come to my attention that the ancient Empires out there, especially the militaristic one, have fleets much larger than our own. We can't allow something as uncertain as an Empire that refuses to engage us in diplomacy to threaten our borders. We must find a way to increase our naval capacity.

I have been re-elected as our Revered Elder. Honestly, these elections are starting to become annoying.

My popularity among my people is unrivaled. And for good reason. I was an Eldar, but I have become so much more. I am the strongest psychic in the galaxy. I am effectively immortal. I am a Divine. My people have called out to officially crown me as the permanent ruler of our great empire, for now, and into perpetuity. As they should. I am no longer your Revered Elder. I am your God Empress! May I shelter and protect us, for all eternity.

With the change to our authority from Democratic to Imperial, there has been some dishevel. Both our ethics and civics had to be changed to enforce order. Without the unquestioning support of the masses, I might have had a rebellion on my hands by now. But in reality who would dare to go against their Goddess?

ftcfQwZ.jpg

It has come to my attention that the dragon-like entity who called herself Shard is still occupying a system within our borders, hoarding the Rubricator relic as her own. I had my fleet hunt her down. The relic was somewhat of a disappointment, but the fertile planet in the system is a welcome addition for my growing population.

After hunting Shard, I've had a revelation. The other Divines still guides me, no doubt wanting me to unlock even more of my potential so I can take my place at their sides. There are other creatures out there just as powerful, or even stronger than Shard was. My task is clear. I must hunt them down. All of them.

I received a petition today from the Grand Duchy of Ucrichi. To help defeat some pirates in their territory. Pirates! Are our allies no longer capable of even caring for themselves?

As is my task, I have hunted down another leviathan. This one a malevolent psionic entity that had occupied the Hyrma system. A system without a single hyperlane. The only way to get there is by a wormhole to a nearby system. As such I have ordered the creation of a penal colony in the system. A more secure place for our dissidents is hard to imagine.

I am tired. I have done something that has finally managed to drain my considerable psionic might. Most people have faith in me, but others still doubt my Divinity. No More. I went to the Conclave of Telepaths today. While I was there I channeled all my power, and what I could borrow from the Shroud, into the communal psionic link shared by all Eldar. There are too many Eldar for me to touch them all, but I did manage to reach all Eldar Elders around the galaxy, and I restored their youth to them. All of them now look a quarter of a century younger than they did. Who but I could accomplish such a feat? Let there be no doubt. I am your Goddess. I am Divine.

What better way to refresh oneself than to go on a hunt? The Scavenger Bot lies broken in the Intham System. My new Battleships are certainly proving their worth in battle.

Another dragon slain. This one seemed younger and dumber than Shard was, but still a formidable enemy. The hunt goes on.

We have now gathered sufficient information about the L-Gates to be able to research the technology behind them. Once this is done we should be able to open a portal to the L-Cluster.

The Stellar Devourer has been vanquished. This enormous creature was eating the sun in the Oscurn system. The sun in question is now dying, but my scientists tell me they might be able to revive it using the stellar matter in the belly of the beast.

The project to revive the Oscurn star was a success. Lowering the Devourer into the still volatile energies of the sun stoked its flames. With its renewed life, the planets in the system have heated up, revealing several habitable planets ripe and ready for colonization.

The last of the leviathans have been hunted down. A massive automated dreadnought, a relic of a bygone era that patroled the Segathia system, has been defeated. Despite the punishment it took from our ships, the structural integrity of the warship's massive hull remains largely intact. Investigating the inside of the ship found it to be seven point eight million years old. A ship that can survive that long on its own? I want it. I have ordered several teams of engineers to restore it for me so I can make it my new flagship.

I am feeling a bit empty. I was expecting something more to come of my hunt, my task. Have I missed something? Are there more leviathans out there that I do not know of? I have asked all the other Empires in the galaxy if they know of some. But if they do, they are denying it.

The Scavenger Bot and The Automated Dreadnought. Both impressive constructs from a bygone era. The Bot was beyond saving, but my engineers are working on the Dreadnought. These things, impressive as they are, are not Eldar. I want something of my own. A new ship, of Eldar design, that is worthy of my Divinity. I have started what I call the Colossus Project. I will make a ship larger than all others we have ever made.

H2sz5uv.jpg

A new resolution in the Galactic Community has passed, reducing the Council size to two seats. I have the first seat, so this means only good things.

My Colossus Project moves forward. The scientists working on it have come up with a way to allow psychics to channel energy into its main weapon, creating a beam of Divine light that when it strikes a planet will show the Divine truth to all who lives there. Those who accept the Divine into their hearts will live. Those who do not will die. What can be more fitting as a weapon of the Eldar than something that saves the people instead of harming them?

The Assembly of Troidom and the Grand Duchy of Ucrichi, my trusted allies, and our oldest friends have shown that they are both reasonable and honorable. They can see as well as I can that the power balance in our federation is tilted. As such they have agreed to become my vassals.

The design for my Colossus is complete. Now all that remains is to build it. A monumental task I look forward to tackling.

The Dreadnought has been repaired! The massive warship has received its full crew complement and been declared ready for service at long last. And I know just what to do with it. For too long have the Prikkiki-Ti purifiers been an insect in my ears. They refuse to take part in diplomacy. They refuse to stop eating other sentient species. They refuse to comply with the will of the Galactic Community. They conceive only war, and so war they shall have.

Distracted by the war on the purifiers as I am, I didn't even notice that my friends, the Assembly of Troidom, have come through for me yet again. They have suggested for the Galactic Community that having a Council with only one seat would be even better than two seats. None hold as much diplomatic weight in the Community as I do, so the seat will of course go to me. I must make sure this resolution passes.

The Colossus is complete. While I have my doubts I must test it on the Prikkiki-Ti and see if they can be saved. I have no wish to destroy them, and with this new weapon maybe we can show them the Divines' love. Maybe some of them will turn away from their path of self-destruction.

On one of the unfrozen planets in the Oscurn system, our explorers discovered a valley filled with the fossilized remains of several different sapient species. Investigations show that they were brought there to be hunted for sport by a predatory avian warrior species. While our archaeologist was relaying their findings there was one name they spoke of that stuck with me. A legendary warrior called "The Huntress". Did we not find this site only after my hunt came to an end? On a planet frozen for who knows how long, after the Stellar Devourer started eating its sun? The same Devourer I was tasked to hunt down? I ordered them to re-double their excavation efforts, and the results were not long in coming. After tracking the legendary huntress' last hunt they found her resting place. Her fossilized skeleton still locked in battle with the remains of a large horned arthropoid. Her clawed hand still grasping the hilt of a perfectly preserved sword. This weapon, The Blade of the Huntress, can be nothing else than the reward for my hunt. This is what the Divines wanted me to find. A blade made of an unknown material, so sharp it can cut through anything. When I hold it in my hand it vibrates slightly with barely contained psionic power. Like I adopt this blade, I will adopt the name of its owner. All Divines have monikers. The Untold, The Undaunted, The Benefactress, The Percipient... And now, I am Lelila, The Huntress.

bZlQZ1v.png

It has passed. I now control the Galactic Council. This has made me think though. I won a vote in the Community, even though only my vassals voted for me. It shouldn't take much more before I have the majority of the votes by myself.

To boost my diplomatic weight in the Community I have ordered the construction of an Interstellar Assembly. An enormous space station dedicated to interstellar diplomacy. By creating my own forum for diplomats and ambassadors, unrivaled by any others in the galaxy, I can ensure that Eldar Space becomes the default destination for anyone who needs a neutral ground to operate in.

I received a gift from my people today. On the planet previously guarded by the Ether Drake I hunted down they found an Egg. An Ether Drake Egg. I'm going to hatch it. I always wanted a pet.

The war on the Prikkiki-Ti purifiers is done. No longer will the galaxy have to deal with the most vile species to ever have managed to invent space flight. I've also earned the undying gratitude of our Ex-Mirovandia population for liberating their planets. There aren't many of them alive today that have ever set foot on these planets, but it hardly matters. I've liberated the part of their species that have been forced to live as cattle under the purifiers.

Winning a small war on the Prikkiki-Ti is all well and good, but the ancient Empires still fields fleets many times my own in power. And it's time to do something about that. I've ordered the construction of nine new Naval Bases. Each one will be able to supply and care for four new Battleships, in addition to some auxiliaries. Never again shall the Eldar be threatened by invasion.

I have a pet dragon. While initially quite unruly she quieted down as she felt my mind glow. Even semi-intelligent creatures know a Divine when they meet one. I have named her Scile.

The Assembly of Troidom has been successfully integrated into my Empire. For two hundred years we have walked the same path. And now we are the same.

The Interstellar Assembly is two-thirds complete. But the parts I have finished are already operational. In fact, I've already reached my goal in the Community. I am the Community now. Anything I say goes, anything I deny goes away. I am the senate.

qk2p9JE.jpg

My fleet is now the greatest fleet in the galaxy. Even though my new Naval Bases haven't been completed yet. With the latest re-enforcements to the Zarqlan's Pilgrims, including the Dreadnought, it now outpowers even the largest fleet of the Ancient Militaristic Empire.

My scientists have informed me they are finally ready to open the L-Gates. Let's see what we find on the other side.

E5sALnF.jpg

After lifting the lockdown on the L-Gate near Light's End unknown ships immediately started pouring through. Or they tried to, but my scientists were able to stop them from using the gate. That gate. All the gates that didn't have a scientist team standing by also activated and had no one to turn them off. The invading ships seem to be entirely made out of nanites, and attacking everything in sight seems to be their only function. We have named this new threat The Gray Tempest.

As I find myself hard-pressed to contain all the Gray Tempest incursions around the galaxy, it is a good thing my new Naval Bases have finally been completed. I can now supply a fleet almost twice the size of my old one.

With my latest battles with the Gray Tempest taking place outside of our galaxy, there has been a need for some new strategic thinking. This is why I have had a new ship constructed. I call it a Juggernaut. A ship almost the size of a shipyard, with the ability to do repairs to other ships on the frontline. I will send it to the L-Cluster. Being able to repair our fleets there will give us a chance to contain the endless onslaught of nanite ships we are currently facing.

Machine intelligence has always been forbidden in Eldar Space. And for good reason too. It seems the Tempest might have had an ill effect on the Robots in the Pliff-Plaff Confederation as they have taken up arms against their government.

I guess machines are as useless as they are dangerous. the Pliff-Plaff Confederation has done the Divines' work in stomping out the machine uprising they faced. Hopefully, they learned from this.

ajrAfwU.jpg

My fleets have succeeded in destroying the main facility of the Gray Tempest. As the subspace transmitter on the facility shut down, so too did all the existing Tempest nanomachines everywhere.

This is the second time I have saved the galaxy from aggressive forces bent on our total destruction. The Khan ran rampant until I defeated him. The Tempest ran rampant until I defeated it. Furthermore, I am a Divine. I am probably the single most powerful individual to have ever existed. My people know this and worship me as they should. Therefore I have proposed to the Galactic Community that everyone should accept me as their Goddess.

I gave them one year to decide. And they choose poorly. With the exception of the Ikaanan Star Regime, every single one of them refused. As a result, I have declared war on them.

Yl2phBq.jpg

The vassalization of the Ikaanan Star Regime is done. Them being rather xenophobic as a people, and me being at war slowed down the process quite a bit. But it is finally complete.

The Khan was our first enemy in this galaxy, and so his legacy was the first that had to go. The New Jhoolian Khanate has been destroyed.

Our loyal subject, The United Birnathi Imperium, has been successfully integrated into my Empire.

Fighting a war on a galactic scale isn't easy. I've started creating a Strategic Coordination Center to help with the effort. With a centralized military command able to process all the information from our fleets and starbases in an orderly manner, coordination problems will be a thing of the past.

The Pliff-Plaff Confederation has been defeated.

The Democratic Entheri States has been defeated.

The Multyx Commonwealth has been defeated.

The Cyggan Mercantile Union has been Defeated.

The Groknaploran TransStellar has been defeated.

The Groknaploran Confederation has been defeated.

The Jhennlot Trade Association has been defeated.

My Strategic Coordination Center has been completed. Its effects on the war can already be felt. My fleets move quicker and are able to target enemy fleets with much higher accuracy. It is only a matter of time before the people in this galaxy can live in peace, and prosper under my Divine protection.

The Fex'Klanga Intersolar has been defeated.

The Inari Covenant has been defeated.

The Bebaki Union has been defeated.

And so the forty-one-years-long war comes to an end. I stand before a monumental task in making all my new citizens accept their new reality, their new Goddess. It won't be long before they realize that they no longer need to live in fear of wars, famine, recessions, crime, or other things detrimental to civilian life. But my conquests are not done. There are still a few other things to clean up in my galaxy.

The Grand Douchy of Ucrichi has been successfully integrated into my Empire. At this point, it was merely a formality. For more than two hundred and fifty years we have been so close we might as well have been one. And now we are.

The Ikaanan Star Regime has now also been integrated, Leaving me the sole member of the Galactic Community. Now I just have to clean up the obsolete Empires and true peace will have been achieved.

I asked the Hantak Vestige, the militant ancient Empire, to surrender without bloodshed. Xenophobic as they are they straight up refused to even listen to my request. Yet again I am forced into war.

The Sorann Protectors have started awakening. They did not like that I attacked their counterparts, the Hantak Vestige. They rebranded themselves the Sorann Crusaders and started repairing their old shipyards and recommissioning their old fleets. I asked them to stand down, in the name of Zarqlan, and to accept me as their new Divine. Fanatics as they are, they refused. Unfortunately with the war on the Hantak, I am in no position to attack the Sorann right now. I will have to let them build their fleet in peace.

The Sorann Crusaders are reinforcing their fleets at an alarming rate. To counter them I have started building a new Mega Shipyard. When this thing is complete my own ship-building capabilities are going to triple.

Ten years! That's how long I had to orbital bombard the Hantak Vestige's home planet before they gave up. How can someone be so evil as to subject their own people to terrors like that? Imagine what living for ten years in constant fear of bombardment would do to your mental health. I will do what I can to help them heal. Hopefully, now that they are secure under my Divine protection they can concentrate on doing so.

You might have thought I would quickly deal with the Sorann Crusaders when I finished my last war, but there is something else I want to do first, and I'm still hoping that the Sorann's will surrender peacefully. They are rational beings after all. Someone who is not rational is the Kelbrid Continuance. They call themselves Ancient Caretakers, but really, they are just soulless machines who kidnap peaceful citizens from around the galaxy because their faulty coding instructs them to do so. No more will we have to tolerate this. It is time to scrap them for good.

My Mega Shipyard is complete. Watching it at work is a thing of beauty. There is no chance of the Sorann's outpacing our own fleet-building capabilities now.

DUFBe2T.png

The Kelbrid Continuance is no more. This time I ordered my fleets to be more indiscriminate in the bombardments of their planets. There was some more collateral damage to the people I liberated, but at least they didn't have to live in fear for years after years. More people died, but I will be able to save the mental health of more survivors this way.

I gave them a final warning, but the Sorann have refused my goodwill yet again. They leave me no choice other than war. With their close connection to the Divine, I feel like I'm fighting a brother, but even family must be held accountable when they misbehave.

The Sorann Crusaders have been defeated. Finally, the galaxy can know true peace. My Divine protection now reaches every citizen of every species. There are no threats. No intelligent machines, no megalomaniac precursors, no devouring hordes. There is only peace.

PftSFZ4.jpg

This will be my last entry into the Eldar journal.
There is no need to continue for I am eternal.
To my rule, there is no objection.
All is safe under my protection.
My vigil will never decline.
I am forever.
I am Divine.​

• 1Like
Reactions:
Scary. Seems the Godess-Empress lost her mind at some point. Good writeup!

Wow, that ended darkly.