• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Antwerp is better then Amsterdam, that need to be the capital!!!!

In Amsterdam, you get weed cafe's, horny women, and it's just sex & drug capital of the world! :D

Watch a film called, Euro Trip, it's really good, shows you European cities from American point of view, although I'm not American. ;)

Antwerp is better then Amsterdam, that need to be the capital!!!!

And I taught Bruxelles is the capital of Belgium :p I can´t disappoint our Dutchie now :)

In Amsterdam, you get weed cafe's, horny women, and it's just sex & drug capital of the world! :D

Watch a film called, Euro Trip, it's really good, shows you European cities from American point of view, although I'm not American. ;)

I already told you you´re a dealer! :p

I´d stop this though. Although I like the discussion going, I don´t want it going at all costs. I´m afraid of some demi-mod coming here to have a look at this :sad:

I´ve added the popular feature of ToC, edited the headline (altough I can´t edit the topic´s name) and replaced "Belgiumlands" by "Belgelands".

Enjoy! :D

Duchy of Beltherlux ? :p :p

Chapter II: Still 1st January

I´ve planned to add some music to this and next update, but I forgot to add it earlier. So you can at least enjoy now :)

We have two CA leaders in Belgelands? That´s rather weird; I bet they historically didn´t pose any tanks during WWII...

clipboard01mhd.jpg

These garrison divisions in Congo and Dutch Indies are going to be disbanded. They´re just of a little use so far from homeland, let alone they are the worst of the worst units we could bring against Germans.

clipboard02km.jpg

A country with 81 effective IC has to be a regional power, right? :)

clipboard03dl.jpg

I am going to focus on these technologies. But just to let you know about support brigades in HPP; we don´t have AA, AT or AC. Instead of that, we have all around divisions (horse-towed, truck-towed and mechanized). They have different speed, toughness and of course IC cost. I think it´s a good idea, since there was a lot of discussion about what is and isn´t AA or AT (88mm L/56), the value of AA hard attack etc. I don´t have to worry about that! :)

clipboard05yym.jpg

The leading party has about 50% popularity and 35% organization. Fair enough.

clipboard08a.jpg

Because Wilhelmina kicks ass (ask Marshall why), she´s in power. But guys around her are surely useful too! :)

clipboard08bj.jpg

Infra! I´m running deficits in everything, so I need to squeeze the maximum of Indië and Kongo. That´s another feature of HPP; bad infra means less resources!

clipboard10h.jpg

INF/INF/SUP(H)/SUP(H) will be the standard issue unit, and with some luck and time I can later convert it into LARM/LARM/SUP(T)/SUP(T) and ARM/ARM/SUP(M)/SUP(M).

clipboard11y.jpg

That´s all for now, another chapter is right up.

Last edited:
Hmmm, are you sure about using two "shell" brigades in your divisions? Will your research be were it needs to be so you can utilise them around the war?

Hmmm, are you sure about using two "shell" brigades in your divisions? Will your research be were it needs to be so you can utilise them around the war?

Hum, I guess I don´t have the power of choice now. I´ll be weaker at the start of the war, but as it settles, the Germans will bleed more than me. That´s worth gambling I guess :D

Chapter III: Building Up the Festung Belgelands

The SCW happens and I´m supporting republicans, mainly due to neutrality drop; although having Belgelands in Comintern would spin around things too!

clipboard19r.jpg

What am I going to do with so much IC? Waste them on navy!

clipboard24h.jpg

Alright, I think it´s time to start building these forts (I found out they´re pretty costly in terms of IC-days, not IC).

clipboard25d.jpg

Combined arms focus is something I want to have. I´m going to build my whole strategy on that, but can Belgelands build up tanks so quickly, especially when they didn´t even seen a tank before 1936?

clipboard26bw.jpg

On 2nd December 1936 I´m allowed to research the very first tank project of Belgelands.

clipboard27n.jpg

Elections went in favor of “anti-revolutionists”.

clipboard31.jpg

Franco has won the civil war. Not like I would care anyways :p

clipboard33jn.jpg

On 5th August 1937 (hey, that´s my birth date!) the first tank project is completed and ready to be fabricated. Toughness will get us victory!

clipboard34.jpg

China gave in to Japanese demands, hoping they can avoid war. But war needs only one violator of peace...

clipboard35o.jpg

On 4th January 1938, Germany has incorporated Austria into their Reich.

clipboard37k.jpg

And on 1st February, the first Belgelandian (?) tank is rolling through Netherlands!

clipboard39.jpg

Hum, it would get far more interesting if the WWII started like this...

clipboard42v.jpg

The research of tanks is quickly advancing, yet now I miss the IC with all those forts in production.

clipboard46.jpg

This can´t be good. The Second World War starts on 5th June (!), leaving me with the shortest time I could possibly had to build Belgelands up.

clipboard47.jpg

And guess what; Maginot line gets penetrated. And I taught French wouldn´t be in such a disadvantage, when the war started so early. Panic orders are given; garrison the border with France ASAP!

clipboard50q.jpg

The war in the Eastern Europe is over. I expect declaration of war on my desk any minute now...

clipboard51q.jpg

Updated. Although I think I´ll go and play even more today to see how the my strategy works out...

Last edited:
Must've been an unwelcome surprise, to see the Germans so 'proactive' in their approach to unleashing World War. Well, it should make for a bunch of interesting updates, as you scramble to protect your uncovered flank. And then get pummeled by the Germans somewhere else along your front. ;)

Must've been an unwelcome surprise, to see the Germans so 'proactive' in their approach to unleashing World War. Well, it should make for a bunch of interesting updates, as you scramble to protect your uncovered flank. And then get pummeled by the Germans somewhere else along your front. ;)

Humph, like I wouldn´t be busy enough anyway. I can see myself cursing everything, as I´ll SR all units up and down. But we don´t want to end in 4th chapter, don´t we? :)

Belgian did have 200 combat vehicles during WWII ( some were French from WWII, but we survived the blitzkrieg for 18Days! Much better then the dutch ;))http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_combat_vehicles_of_World_War_II

But they hadn´t have their own tank project! :p Only those B1 tanks might be worth mentioning ;)

P.S. Netherlands is somewhat more along the way than Belgium :p

Hey! We had an armoured car as well!

It got stuck in the mud on a perfectly good road, but hey, we had one!

MUC - Marshall´s Universal Carrier? :D

Finns had 32 tanks in winter war when soviets had 3800...I guess it's quite equal to Netherlands even though they had the one car that got stuck :p. We had molotov coctails though.
(Artillery was moved with horses mostly here.)

Hey, Latvia NOW has 4 tanks, and 2 of them are broken, and the other 2 are in a museum. Now compete with that, Finns and Dutch. ;)