• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Our political situation after the epic war described in the last part:

epirus56.jpg

A land connection between our provinces was established, Athens gained and we have Corfu as a new vassal, which we will try to diploannex later.

much later , with your level of infamy :D

yes, reducing infamy will be an priority and maybe starting to do something about my inflation.

Very nice. I hope the OE doesn't wake up anytime soon.

Me too, I am not in an hopeless situation anymore, but the OE would still probably crush me...

Yeah, so make a navy fast and attack OE first before it eats you. :p

Good idea, but I have only 2 core provinces, and the OE normally put some larger stack at our border... The best time for it would be now, when they are busy fighting the Mameluks, but I can't build a navy fast enough and my infamy is a bit to high, too.

Good idea, but I have only 2 core provinces, and the OE normally put some larger stack at our border... The best time for it would be now, when they are busy fighting the Mameluks, but I can't build a navy fast enough and my infamy is a bit to high, too.
Indeed, time to chill a bit and see what happens. You seem to have an eye for details so you can take your time to scope any more opportunites that come your way:D

Indeed, time to chill a bit and see what happens. You seem to have an eye for details so you can take your time to scope any more opportunites that come your way:D

Yeah, I tried beeing at peace, but there were some serious matters which I had to take care of... I played it a little bit more risky and gained something and lost a little bit (maybe you could call it more than just little), but you will see it in the next parts, which will be posted today (probably).

Part 4: 3 years of peace:

This update will be rather short and it'll explain what happened before the next war starts.
We thougth that Venice was finally banned from main land Greece, but they reappeared (okay its not really main land, but they got an land connection):

epirus57.jpg

But we had other problems and steps were taken to increase cultural tradition and decrease our revolt risk:

epirus58.jpg

We also successfully fought against the rebels in Africa:

epirus60.jpg

But soon we got new problems:

epirus61.jpg

Venice suffered from wide spread rebellions (two provinces were already taken from them, one is under siege):

epirus62.jpg

Traitorous Aquilea send a new alliance offer, which was accepted anyway, but we won't relie on it (its more for some of our neighbours to think twice before declaring war):

epirus63.jpg

The rebels aginst Venice captured Naxos and gave it to Byzantium (which had become an OPM during the game) and then they moved to Athens, but were easily crushed:

epirus64.jpg

Another update will follow today, but I have to finish some other things first, so it'll take some hours...

Last edited:
Very cool. If memory serves me right, the Despotate (sp?) of Epirus was one of the Byzantine survivors of the disastrous Fourth Crusade that sacked Constantinople and set up the Latin kingdoms in the Aegean in the first place. Perhaps it's about time that you declared yourself the true inheritor of Rome and Constantine and got rid of the usurpers in Constantinople. Starting with Naxos and then the imperial city itself.

Congrats on beating Venice down and getting a nice strong backbone of territories going there. Morea needs to bow to your imperial will, too.
:D

The Despotate was set up by the closest living member of the dead emperor and had the most legitimate claim. Unfortunately, even though it overran Thessalonika it did not defeat the Latin Empire. That honor fell to the Empire of Nicea. Nicea retook Constantinople and thus revived the Byzantine Empire, but the Empire was more or less confined to Modern Day European Turkey and Western Anatolia.

Also, I think you should now go after the remaining pieces of independent Greece. If you do not take them down soon, the Ottoman Empire is going to beat you to it. You have to make sure that your European domains come as close to matching the Ottomans in size as you possibly can.

I think you meant Naxos.

You are right thanks...:D i'll correct it immediatly

Very cool. If memory serves me right, the Despotate (sp?) of Epirus was one of the Byzantine survivors of the disastrous Fourth Crusade that sacked Constantinople and set up the Latin kingdoms in the Aegean in the first place. Perhaps it's about time that you declared yourself the true inheritor of Rome and Constantine and got rid of the usurpers in Constantinople. Starting with Naxos and then the imperial city itself.

Congrats on beating Venice down and getting a nice strong backbone of territories going there. Morea needs to bow to your imperial will, too.
:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Despotate_of_Epirus ;)

My thoughts exatly, but imperial city will have to wait a little bit longer:D

The Despotate was set up by the closest living member of the dead emperor and had the most legitimate claim. Unfortunately, even though it overran Thessalonika it did not defeat the Latin Empire. That honor fell to the Empire of Nicea. Nicea retook Constantinople and thus revived the Byzantine Empire, but the Empire was more or less confined to Modern Day European Turkey and Western Anatolia.

Also, I think you should now go after the remaining pieces of independent Greece. If you do not take them down soon, the Ottoman Empire is going to beat you to it. You have to make sure that your European domains come as close to matching the Ottomans in size as you possibly can.

Matching the OE in size will be difficult (infamy), but they are at war almost the whole game, so I'll try to take a bit out of them ASAP (as you'll see in the next update I already missed one great opportunity).

Last edited by a moderator:
Part 5: The 2nd jihad:

Once again the Mameluks attacked:

epirus65.jpg

Although the war will probably end as the first one without serious consequences, we had lost our allies because of it:

epirus66.jpg

At least someone in the world is willing to help us:

epirus67.jpg

Our nation mourns, because of the dead of Episuses greatest monarch and our heir is only 14:

epirus68.jpg

A new alliance:

epirus69.jpg

The moment would be great to attack OE, despite beeing at war in Africa, all our army waited in Greece (we could't have done anything against the Mameluks), but there still was the regency council:

epirus70.jpg

Our provinces were fast captured:

epirus71.jpg

Our navy had been successfully increased:

epirus72.jpg

We knew this would happen, but at least the Mameluks are dihonounerable scum now:

epirus73.jpg

A new alliance was accepted for the upcoming peace negotiations with the Mameluks:

epirus74.jpg

Again only treaties had been annuled:

epirus75.jpg

Hungary who were still warning us were in trouble too:

epirus76.jpg

More rebellions in Africa (later was decided to let this rebels in the provinces, because Sirt will go to Tripoli and thus still provide some little income and Cyrenaika will defect to Tunisia, thus beeing a buffer between us and the Mameluks):

epirus77.jpg

But our defensive wars weren't over yet:

epirus78.jpg

And again an ally was lost:

epirus79.jpg

And regained:

epirus80.jpg

Byzantinum attacked from Naxos and we lost the battle for Athens:

epirus81.jpg

Morea seemed to be at war as well:

epirus82.jpg

Though we tried to prevent it we were defeated every time (Byzantium brought 5000 more men) and Athens was lost:

epirus84.jpg

With our armies not gaining enough reinforcements(we still only got about 150 men per month) and beeing outnumbered on home soil we sued for peace... for now...

epirus85.jpg

The next update will come soon...

Part 6: The reunion of southern Greece:

We canccelled a mission to improve our relations with Morea and got a new one to protect our people in Macedonia. An alliance was established too:

epirus86.jpg

:rofl: :

epirus87.jpg

We discovered that Achaea was rightfully ours:

epirus88.jpg

But our heir was still to young and Byzantium had already began an invasion:

epirus89.jpg

One month later:

epirus90.jpg

His birthday was celebrated with the declaration of war against Morea:

epirus91.jpg

We needed more manpower and morale:

epirus92.jpg

Moreas army hadn't a single chance:

epirus93.jpg

Byzantium took OUR lands and the truce from the previous war would take over 4 years to expire:

epirus94.jpg

Algiers became "neutral" territory between me and the Mameluks:

epirus95.jpg

About the truce with Byzantium, who cares about it actually:

epirus96.jpg

Their still moraleless forces in Morea were crushed:

epirus97.jpg

Finally we got rid of another region which hasn't brought anything since we got European provinces, hopefully our vassal will put it in good use:

epirus98.jpg

Recently event were used to improve our relation with newly formed Croatia (we had enough to do with Byzantium):

epirus99.jpg

Yes Croatia... :

epirus100.jpg

to be continued...

Last edited:
continuation of part 6:

We captured Morea:

epirus101.jpg

Binzantium gathered its forces in Naxos and we needed to convert our King to a general, to get an advantage in the battles:

epirus102.jpg

Morea accepted vassalisation, we would have annexed them, but our infamy was too high:

epirus103.jpg

In the meantime Zeta was lost:

epirus104.jpg

We had to make peace with Croatia, because our entire army was needed against Byzantium and our war exhaustion raised quickly:

epirus105.jpg

After a long series of battles we were able to finally destroy Byzantiums main force:

epirus106.jpg

But bad news arrived, rebels who raised up in the begginig of the war gave our province Oltenia to Moldavia:

epirus107.jpg

Naxus had been captured in less then a year:

epirus108.jpg

Soon also Achaea gave up:

epirus109.jpg

But Byzantium still had a strong navy and we wouldn't had been able to reach Rhodes, where they annexed the Knights neither their capital, so we decided to end the war, for now. So we gained Naxus and Ahaea and some of their claims were also renounced:

epirus110.jpg

Morea was allied:

epirus111.jpg

And this is our political situation after the recent wars:

epirus112.jpg

Although we lost four provinces the two we gained provide more income then the all of them together... Also our vassal Tripoli had become stronger (they really proved helpful against Venice earlier) and a new vassal was gained (so my economic situation is far better than before, I don't have to care about rebels as much and we have less neighbours, who could declare war and so giving the OE a chance to catch us off guard). Also because of the lesser number of provinces I should tech up a little faster (I still don't have my first NI)

Last edited:
I wasn't sure you'd survive all that but you did. You need to get rid of that false Greek emperor in Constantinople.

It was a hard fight against Byzantium and luckily I was able to peace out against Croatia fast.
Yes Constantinople will be one of my primary goals, but I think Croatia also deserves a lesson for its backstabbing...