• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

S0ny B1ack

Colonel
26 Badges
Aug 21, 2009
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • King Arthur II
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Dungeonland
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
byz300d.jpg

Its a Httt 4.0 game, with everything on normal.

This is my first attempt to write an AAR, so don't expect too much :rolleyes:and of course any criticism is welcome :)

I read on these forums something about them being one of the hardest nations to play... So I decided to try out how long I could survive. But after getting an really lucky start (no DOW on first day:cool:) I thought the game may become interesting and decided to write this AAR (hopefully it won't be the shortest AAR ever :D).

And before I begin I have to admit that I'm a noob, who played only easier nations before (and sometimes with rather shameful results :rolleyes:)

PS: I apologise in advance if my English isn't the best

Last edited:
Part 1 : the first war:

As I said before I was lucky, because Venice DOWed Byzantine and the OE was still busy fighting the Timurid... so I had some time to buy some mercenaries and I declared war on Tripoli (and their ally Algiers), who had some minor rebel problems, the rebels were quickly destroyed and the 1000 man army of Tripoli didn't last much longer...

epirus1.jpg

Soon they had lost all their provinces and they had to accept our peace offer:

epirus2.jpg

After the war our economy was booming:

epirus3.jpg

Algier however had begun with an assault on our capital and without any chances against their fleet we conceded defeat:

epirus4.jpg

Soon after we got alliances with Tripoli and Wallachia and we were guaranteed by Georgia:

epirus5.jpg

epirus6.jpg

Last edited:
An Epirus AAR!
Promise me you'll conquer the world! :D

After seeing the Bar AAR, I have high hopes for Epirus ;)

part 2: The first real challange

After one and a half year a new chance for expansion appeared. Hungary DOWed OPM Ragusa, who was allied with Montenegro. We took the oportunity and moved our fleet (if one cog can be called a fleet) with 1000 soldiers, under the command of our king, on board to the straits of otranto and declared war on Montenegro (allied with Ragusa, Moldavia and sadly Wallachia, who betrayed us). Our "army" was send to Zeta immediatly and arrived just in time before our ship was sunk by the combined navys of Montenegro and Ragusa.

epirus7.jpg

When they arrived Montenegro was hireing mercenarys, which were defeated (but not destroyed) after deployment. They reorganised in Ragusa and returned, after a fierce battle we won a heroic victory:

epirus9.jpg

In the meantime we decided to ask Serbia for military access, which was needed to came to Wallachia and if needed to retreat our soldiers in neutral teritory, but Montenegros hirelings marched together with Ragusas army into Hungarian lands...

epirus8.jpg

During the war we recieved an unexpected offer:

epirus10.jpg

Moldavia had more important matters then our war so they send a peace offer which was accepted:

epirus12.jpg

Ragusa and Montenegro had successfully occupied a Hungarian province and we were worried if their combined armies would come back (although the war was not over yet - where the hell were the hungarians), so we accepted also an offer from Ragusa which came in the right time:

epirus13.jpg

Finally after more than two years Zeta fell:

epirus14.jpg

Montenegro was integrated in our kingdom:

epirus15.jpg

While our army was occupied in Montenegro, a new cog was built and new soldiers recruited. Some time earlier a revolt occured and took over our holds in North Africa. After the ship was ready our new regiment went immediatly there:

epirus16.jpg

Our invasion force went toward Wallachia, which has been vassalised by Hungary, but we were still in our war, because they had no army left, our victory was only a matter of time; soon the first of their two provinces was conquered:

epirus18.jpg

They gave up after a month, offering us exactly what we wanted :

epirus19.jpg

So Epiruses second war ended with a great victory. And the rebels were taken care of:

epirus20.jpg

epirus21.jpg

An Epirus AAR!
Promise me you'll conquer the world! :D

After seeing the Bar AAR, I have high hopes for Epirus ;)

I'll do my best, but as i said don't expect too much, I was already surprised that I've survived so "long":)

Wow, you seem to be moving into the balkans in style. Hopefully, the Otto's don't take a disliking to your initative.

I have to take every opportunity to gain some lands...
and they dislike me anyway:rofl:

I played a couple of times with Epirus but I never thought of attacking Tripoli.
I MUST follow this AAR.

My first thought when i started was that i have to expand at any cost, then i saw the rebellion there and that they almost didn't have any army, so I tried it...

The start is all about luck; when I tried once to attack Tripoli (or Tunisia, can't remember), OE DoW'd me and defeated my navy.

definitely good strategy. If the Ottomans attack you in Europe, you now have a refuge that they cannot reach by land. I would not have gone for Montenegro or Wallachia afterwards though, but would have preferred to go for Albania before them, as long as I though I could take them, as I prefer to have all my provinces connected by land, The North African territories being exempt from this rule for obvious reasons

Sweet! :D

*subscribed*

I have never thought of attacking Tripoli either. :p

Nice! I'll be following this.

:)

Very nicely done. I hope you can carve out a Greek kingdom.

Unificating the greek provinces would be great, but there are Venice and the Ottomans ... but it'll be one of my primary goals.

The start is all about luck; when I tried once to attack Tripoli (or Tunisia, can't remember), OE DoW'd me and defeated my navy.

I think its the same for most such nations... I just hoped the OE would be to busy in the east.

definitely good strategy. If the Ottomans attack you in Europe, you now have a refuge that they cannot reach by land. I would not have gone for Montenegro or Wallachia afterwards though, but would have preferred to go for Albania before them, as long as I though I could take them, as I prefer to have all my provinces connected by land, The North African territories being exempt from this rule for obvious reasons

Albania is held by Venice and they have about 10.000 soldiers there, so I got no chance... yet... :)

part 3: Protecting our Brethren in Athens!

The mission our country wanted to accomplish was to rescue our people in Athen from the intruders Venice, but how could we defeat such an economic empire.
Again rebels helped us. An Albanian uprising:

epirus23.jpg

Venice used the majority of their army to crush them, but suffered heavy losses in the mountains of Albania, so the time to strike was there:

epirus24.jpg

epirus25.jpg

On Venices side joinned their vassals Corfu and Naxus, as well as Bohemia, Switzerland and Morea.
We were betraied by Aquileia, who could have easily invaded Venice, but we had to make it only with our Vassal Tripoli:

epirus26.jpg

Venices main force(which hadn't recovered from the battle against the rebels) were soon crushed by our army (supported by 3000 recently hired mercenarys):

epirus27.jpg

But the Mameluks also decided to go conquering (Naples, Georgia and Bizantium gad guaranteed our independence) :

epirus28.jpg

At least in the meantime the Venecians were taken care of:

epirus29.jpg

But North Africa seemed lost:

epirus30.jpg

In Europe our army successfully invaded Corfu:

epirus31.jpg

We couldn't have done anything against the Mameluks:

epirus32.jpg

More northern Bohemia had its own problems:

epirus33.jpg

There had been minor battles all over Greece which we all won, but our army couldn't be reinforced in time and we were defeated in Athen against a combined army of Venice and Naxos:

epirus34.jpg

The allied forces of Venice and its vassals began a counter offensive, but they all failed in the mountains of Janina:

epirus35.jpg

At the edge of bankruptcy we were finally able to disband mercenarys who had been besiging Corfu:

epirus36.jpg

We decided to improve our land forces:

epirus37.jpg

Surprisingly Tripoli managed to capture Crete:

epirus38.jpg

And we managed to get Morea out of the war:

epirus39.jpg

And another surprise:

epirus40.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent! You Epireans (or whatever you're called) just jump right in and make it happen! That's a good omen for the future - if you can just get those Mamluks out of your hair! :D

continuation of part 3:

First reactions of our civil population:

epirus41.jpg

After years of war we finally managed to get back our belongings in North Africa, the Mameluks, which were attacked by the OE ended war after we annuled the military access granted by Serbia:

epirus42.jpg

But we immediately got it back:

epirus43.jpg

Albania was conquered:

epirus44.jpg

In the meantime Venice attacked our regions in Africa and Bohemia was elected as the Holy roman emperor:

epirus45.jpg

Just in time Sirt revolted and Venice was once again fighting rebels:

epirus46.jpg

Also in other parts of Europe interesting things happened:

epirus47.jpg

Our main goal was achieved when we occupied Athens:

epirus48.jpg

Peace negotiation with Switzerland were successful:

epirus49.jpg

More rebels rised agains our governement in Africa:

epirus50.jpg

Venice decided to send even more soldiers to Africa and defeated some of the rebels, but Tripoli our loyal vassal engaged them heroically, though without any chances:

epirus51.jpg

We left Athen undefended to get Naxuses forces from their island and then defeated them:

epirus52.jpg

Victory was ours:

epirus53.jpg

Corfu,which was taken in the beggining of this war and which Venice had to give up was converted to our faith and vassalised:

epirus54.jpg

In august 1413 after almost exatly 5 years of war the last peace treaty was signed:

epirus55.jpg