• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Beginning

generalis Julius Caesar

Colonel
69 Badges
Mar 23, 2019
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
Hi, this is my first AAR and I would appreciate it if people gave me suggestions. So with about 15 minutes of further ado I will post the first update.
P.S. I lost the first 3 years of screenshots.

The First Nharr
The history of the Nharr

The First Nharr

0-500​

Geography
The Tundra world of Tronz is divided into 4 main continents, has 2 subcontinents, and an island chain. The 4 continents are Nharrzira the home of the Nharr, Karas the small tundra at the north pole, Domtharith the land of the huge Zarrith (They look kind of like elephants with turtle shells), and the holy continent of Arithamir. The subcontinent of Nharrziran is located on Nharrzira and was where the first Nharr came into being according to the Nharrias (priests). The subcontinent of Arnthira is located on Arithamir and is the place of pilgrimage. The land Arithamir is too holy for any but the Nharrias and the Nharrizs (administrators) to tread upon. The island chain of Narria is mostly uninhabited and inaccessible.

The History
In the beginning the Nharr were mostly nomadic people herding their Serthains and occasionally fighting small wars over grazing ground. But in the year 179 the herders of Karaz wandered off Nharrziran and discovered it’s fertile valleys. They decided to erect their Zarr (tents) and settle down on a hill in the great plains of Nharrzira, shortly after many other tribes decided to follow suit.

By the year 300 many city-states were competing throughout the lands for control of valuable land. In about 50 years the city of Karnazra began conquering the cities around it until it had a small kingdom. Only 2 years later the theocracy of Nharria, and the merchant city of Nharriz began building kingdoms of their own.

The war of 374 was one of the most devastating wars up until that point, it pitted Nharria and Nharriz against the now vast empire of Karnazra. For over 20 years the war raged, reducing many frontier towns to ash. Only when the nomads of Nharrziran (now band into a loose federation) joined on the side of Nharria and Nharriz did they win the war. When peace had returned Nharria turned inwards looking to find spiritual perfection. Unlike Nharriz that was building a navy to sail the seas and explore new lands.

Almost 50 years passed peacefully with cities trading and just getting along when Kerian (Emperor) Kernith the Great and his heir the militaristic Kernith II began a new campaign to seize new lands. At Kerniths death Karnazra spanned a vast distance and was preparing to continue their wars. At the same time Nharria declared the Nharriazrn (Crusades) to take land from infidels and heathens. With both Karniths (Empires) posed aggressively Nharriz needed to get a power base of its own lest it was to be absorbed. And 25 years later that breakthrough came. They had discovered Domtharith and were preparing to colonize it! The next 25 years passed in a blur as all the Karniths tried to exploit the new land and in doing so left their borders exposed...

Last edited:
Excellent start! :)

Thank you.

Nice introduction.

Perhaps it would be better for you to expand a bit more in your story telling. Make it a good page or two to satisfy your readers. I like your story, just giving a tip. ;)

Quick question. Are you sticking with your own timeline or that of Stellaris? 2200 is a long ways away :p

Nice introduction.

Perhaps it would be better for you to expand a bit more in your story telling. Make it a good page or two to satisfy your readers. I like your story, just giving a tip. ;)

Quick question. Are you sticking with your own timeline or that of Stellaris? 2200 is a long ways away :p

Thanks for the tip. Fear not, I won't go to 2200. My timeline cuts off at 1900.

Interesting thus far

Nice introduction.

I actually find this level of details just fine. :) Both long and short works fine, it's all up to the style of the author. :)

Soon you will see why not much is know about the first Nharr. Prepare... FOR THE GREAT HEATHEN WAR! Coming soon to planets near you. ;)

Soon you will see why not much is know about the first Nharr. Prepare... FOR THE GREAT HEATHEN WAR! Coming soon to planets near you. ;)
*chuckles manically* I suppose that this song might apply to the situation at hand? ;)

Teaser
"the monastic order dedicated to preserving knowledge, the Nharrwhan. Sadly many ancient manuscripts detailing the culture and history of the first Nharr were lost in the sack of their mountain stronghold, Nharrwhanin." Such a loss.:mad: Da:mad::mad: zealots (One of the Derkon's worst enemies too. Must run in the planet.)

Last edited:
Sorry, I am having trouble naming things and I am getting stuck a lot. I really do not know how people write these things. :oops: Anyways I will try to get an update out today or tomorrow.

The history of the Nharr

The Great War of Heathens (Beginning)

464-503​

In the year 464 a new Nharrias rose to power in the Karnith of Nharria named Nariza. He was a radical priest and founded a new religion, Zarrnirth. As you know in about 467 Nharrias declared the Nharriazrn and the first target was the small state of Narth in 468, after that they took Zarrn and its rival Zarr in 470. Then the northern fell to two Nharriazrn and the trading city of Hazz fell in the 470s. It was clear that Quarlan the god of the Zarrnirth faith was with Nharria.

More cities fell until Nharria got over confident and tried to fight the Karnazra Karnith and lost after almost ten years of war. One of the most important battles of Tronz’s history was the battle of Quarlan’s bridge because it marked the first time anyone had crossed into Nharria’s territory since the war with Karnazra almost 100 years ago. The funny thing was Karnazra was the only state to ever have laid siege to the capital of Nharria.

Humbled, Nharria began expanding against smaller states and cities like the Zarian Confederation, and the monastic order dedicated to preserving knowledge, the Nharrwhan. Sadly many ancient manuscripts detailing the culture and history of the first Nharr were lost in the sack of their mountain stronghold, Nharrwhanin. The scholars of Nharrwhan are said to have escaped into the mountainous islands of Narria gathering knowledge and power waiting to come back and reclaim their lost castle.

In the year of 501, Nharria attacked Jarnaln a subject of the nomads of Nharrziran and decisively beat clan Zarxis in the battle of Krerinia. However this started the longest war in the history of Tronz. Nharria verses the nomads of Nharrziran.

Nharria claimed decisive victory in the first year of the war but as they continued to push into Nharrziran land the nomads mustered their armies and at the battle of Vernath they destroyed the smaller Nharrian army. Forced to retreat the Nharrian settled for a status quo peace and only took some of the lands of Jarnaln, much less than they had wanted. However it was clear that the hostilities were far from over…

Last edited:
I was also working on a map but it was deleted in a save corruption.:mad:

I'm going to continue this AAR without the map because the program is way too much trouble.

Great :)

READ THIS
Change of planes, I'm going straight into the game play. No more history. I have no ideas for the past of the Nharr.