The default culture in Quito (Caran) does not belong to Andean group, and therefore unbale to use the great project there.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

luanmameili[LM]

Major
82 Badges
Nov 15, 2016
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
Will it be changed?
eu4_42.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think the intent was for it to be a reward for the Inca Empire, not for Quito, and they just put it there so the Incas wouldn't get it too soon. But maybe, if enough people ask.

Reactions:
I think the intent was for it to be a reward for the Inca Empire, not for Quito, and they just put it there so the Incas wouldn't get it too soon. But maybe, if enough people ask.
I think the problem OP is mentioning is that you need to culture convert the province to an Andean culture in order to be able to use it in the first place.

Reactions:
I think the problem OP is mentioning is that you need to culture convert the province to an Andean culture in order to be able to use it in the first place.

Yes, because it was designed for Inca's. I don't think it's a good design, and slows down using it even more, but I think that was the intent.

Actually, though belongs to another culture group, Quito may still form the Inca Empire without converting culture.
屏幕截图 2021-11-30 230423.png

Yes, because it was designed for Inca's. I don't think it's a good design, and slows down using it even more, but I think that was the intent.
No, what I meant was that you need to CULTURE CONVERT Quito right now because Caran isn't an Andean culture. OP is asking if that's intended and if it's going to be changed.

No, what I meant was that you need to CULTURE CONVERT Quito right now because Caran isn't an Andean culture. OP is asking if that's intended and if it's going to be changed.

Ok, I'll clarify since my point seemingly isn't clear: I think that it doesn't work for Caran culture because they don't want Quito to use it. They want the Inca Empire to grow to it's full seize, conquer Quito, culture convert Quito to Quecha and only THEN get to benefit from Qhapaq Nam. A reply in the reveal thread said/implied they put it up there so that the Incas would deliberately get it late in their expansion, as a reward for accomplishing that. And the general intent is that the Inca Empire should be formed by Cusco, or possibly one of the other Quecha or Aimara countries. Not Quito, even though they COULD. Or maybe they forgot they could, I can't be sure.

Celdur, to be honest, we also toyed with the idea of making it a multi-province Monument, but it would have been a bit problematic code-wise (you know, spaghetti code and all that stuff). So instead we decided to abstract it, and as we expect Inca Empire to be dominant, we put it on the northernmost part of it, and we made it Andean culture group-related. Off-topic, fortunately I could study Central and South American native cultures in university, and definitely they deserve a bit more love. We already introduced another monument in the Andean region related to them, actually. ;)

So it might change, but only in response to player feedback, because this design seems very deliberate (unless they forgot Caran can form the Incas).

Last edited:
Reactions:
Yikes that's super convoluted, I sure hope that isn't what the devs intended.
You aren't wrong about the complexity, especially given the extremely high cost to even start using it.

Reactions: