• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm still not sure how your other choices were less suicidal.

Yugoslavia is entirely surrounded by Germany, Italy, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, more Italy (from the bottom if they invade Greece) and oh look, by sea the Italians completely surround them.
And every one of those enemies will be in the Axis by the time Germany declares war :p

This will be very interesting, I'm sure :)

I'm still not sure how your other choices were less suicidal.

Luxemburg. Austria. Czechoslovakia. Just keep them on AI and see what happens :D

Yugoslavia is entirely surrounded by Germany, Italy, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, more Italy (from the bottom if they invade Greece) and oh look, by sea the Italians completely surround them.
And every one of those enemies will be in the Axis by the time Germany declares war :p

I'm pretty sure Bulgaria and Hungary will jump on me soon after Germany decides to deal with me, together with Italy. However, this event requires Greece to be successful in Albania. Romania will stay neutral, as even Axis Romania doesn't have a reason to invade Yugoslavia. In my test game, they even joined the Allies and fought alongside me!

This will be very interesting, I'm sure :)

Yes, it will indeed.

I played a bit yesterday. It'll take some time to get the chapter itself up though...

You see?, this is why you should have done what I wanted.. for shame, for shame I say!

South Africa gets re-annexed into the British Empire? :eek:

You might be better off (if you're going allied) with building some transports, retreating to greece as they Axis push on you, and eventually evacuating and being an army in exile.

Otherwise, there just isn't a way for you to survive the onslaught of German armor and Italian Infantry, IMO.

That one lithuania AAR did something like that, was pretty entertaining. With so much more troops you could do some entertaining stuff. But, manpower is always an issue for those GiEs.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Bulgaria and Hungary will jump on me soon after Germany decides to deal with me, together with Italy. However, this event requires Greece to be successful in Albania. Romania will stay neutral, as even Axis Romania doesn't have a reason to invade Yugoslavia. In my test game, they even joined the Allies and fought alongside me!

oh wow, how well did you do? and how well did Romania do?

You might be better off (if you're going allied) with building some transports, retreating to greece as they Axis push on you, and eventually evacuating and being an army in exile.

Otherwise, there just isn't a way for you to survive the onslaught of German armor and Italian Infantry, IMO.

It depends on how long the frontline is gonna be (Axis Hungary?). I don't even need many transports; I'm sure that Greece with some of my help could hold out, even if we sat in Athens. I have to say the terrain is quite favorable for defense; north is mountainous/hilly with a few rivers and Hungary lies mostly over the river as well. Anyway, I'm gonna cover that in the first chapter ;)

oh wow, how well did you do? and how well did Romania do?

Romania pushed towards Budapest, though I failed to defend properly (I wasn't mobilized and had no forts up north), so after losing my best defensive positions to the Germans, I knew it wouldn't end up well. I had captured Sofiya, so I guess a corps or two for knocking out Bulgaria will be enough ;)

It depends on how long the frontline is gonna be (Axis Hungary?). I don't even need many transports; I'm sure that Greece with some of my help could hold out, even if we sat in Athens. I have to say the terrain is quite favorable for defense; north is mountainous/hilly with a few rivers and Hungary lies mostly over the river as well. Anyway, I'm gonna cover that in the first chapter ;)

Romania pushed towards Budapest, though I failed to defend properly (I wasn't mobilized and had no forts up north), so after losing my best defensive positions to the Germans, I knew it wouldn't end up well. I had captured Sofiya, so I guess a corps or two for knocking out Bulgaria will be enough ;)

I've done alot of testing using Athens as the playground.

Its holdable if certain conditions are met, such as a level 10 fort (which the AI is coded not to engage), or if the AI screws up its supply lines (ie, Italy cuts off the Germans in taking territory, etc).

For some reason, Italy seems to have supply issues, so in alot of my tests they just can't supply the Germans when they come to back up the Italians. But even if you can pierce them, you'll find that they will eventually wear you down, with manpower if needed.

Also, watch out for that strait that crosses from northern Greece to the south. It can be held, but the AI will just throw itself across until you retreat.

You will probably be able to get British expeditionary troops though, most likely just plain infantry unfortunately. But if you set the objective in Athens, and wait, eventually they should come.

Chapter I: Introduction

HPP offers you the “Introduction” decision which can be enacted to get a general idea about the mod and it also offers a bit of information about your specific country. Let’s see what kind of journey our young state of Yugoslavia underwent in the past 20 years!

rYJBTu9.gif

As you can see, Yugoslavia is deeply divided. Having just 60% national unity and very unpopular ruling party. The regent Pavle Karađorđević rules the country for now, but it’s estimated that Petar II Karađorđević would be able to inherit his father’s throne in 1941, when he reaches the age of 18.

7lv2BEW.gif

What’s even worse is the pitiful state of the Royal Yugoslavian Army. It was decided that only the head command would be preserved, as a great reconstruction of the army is needed. The previous system was woefully ineffective, with 29 land units in total, but 11 of them were HQs (excluding the head command).

There is no navy or air force to compete even with our weaker neighbors, let alone Italy, let alone Germany. The land army is in desperate need of support units for infantry, as well as the cavalry.

GD4HKk4.gif

There are three nations which claim our lands as theirs, namely Hungary, Bulgaria or Italy, with the latter actually owning great swathes of Slovenia, as well as the port of Zadar.

Hence, an early defensive plan is vital, if the hostilities were to begin in the following years. According to the Treaty of Saint-Germain, Austrians were not allowed to unite with Germany, leaving the country disintegrated to a large extent. But with such a madman in power, which Hitler surely is, he’ll do whatever he can to unite all the Germans of the world, no matter where they were. What is even worse is that he has more or less already allied with Mussolini, another great threat to our fragile kingdom.

Romania is actually quite friendly to us, as mutual treaty, named Small Entete, is helping both sides, their democratic rule might however succumb soon due to fear of other nations, as some of their lands are claimed by Bulgaria, Hungary, as well as Soviet Union.

As for Albania, this country would meet a swift end if they were to attack us; however they are protected by Italians, who will probably want to take their oil refineries in Tirane into their own hands soon enough.

Greece was once allied with the Triple Entéte, though now their population is divided because of the politics. But truth to be told, it isn’t likely they would turn out to be our enemies; they actually have quarrels with Italians over some isles in the Mediterranean which means they might ally with us, thanks to the old saying “enemy of my enemy is my friend”.

CUQDDqp.gif

We have signed non-aggression pacts with other Balkan states. What is worse is that none of the democratic countries guarantees our independence, just our future enemies.

l0sL5cC.gif

Yugoslavia is quite backwards on the technological field, at least in comparison to other similar-sized neighbors.

4spaUtm.gif

Espionage is all set to unify our people, as unity is one of the most basic things needed for waging a war, be it on defense or offense!

jxpfTTG.gif

That’s it for introduction, the clock will be moving from on now!

An uneviable position, to be sure! Best of luck; I suspect you'll need it.

actually Ikar, cross your fingers that Italy will go to war with Germany over Austria :D

I've played till June 1937 now, so I guess that can that'll do for the second chapter. I'm still alive :D

In Hoi4 Paradox Interactive should add some achievements for Ikarases, like "survive to 1938" :p

Only 6 leadership!!! how can you quickly increase that?!?

Fairly quick. The next update will show that just by churning out a bunch of garrisons will literally double my current leadership. It's just Yugoslavia has a tiny army at the start, that's all ;)

In Hoi4 Paradox Interactive should add some achievements for Ikarases, like "survive to 1938" :p

That'd be great. On top of five brand new armored divisions and 10k supplies and fuel :D