• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
at least your stubborn resistance will make Barbarossa impossible for the AI; but I really don't see an independent Yugoslavia in the near future

at least your stubborn resistance will make Barbarossa impossible for the AI; but I really don't see an independent Yugoslavia in the near future

Guess and obey the quote! :mad: :p

Comrades! This day will be the proudest day you have ever lived! You will fight the fascist Nazi invaders with all your strength! For each and every fallen Yugoslavian soldier, you will make them pay with ten of theirs! Remember orders from our great King Petar the Second - not one step backwards! You are equipped for the battles that lie ahead. You have food, water, weapons, and plenty of ammunition! What do you suppose the Germans have? Nothing! Their supply lines are stretched too thin! Their dash to the Drava has left them without the means to bring us a proper fight! With our superior strength in numbers, and our boundless courage, victory is ours! We shall stop the fascist invaders there - at Beograd!

If it is not too late already I would shorten the frontlines by evacuating Italy, I know you fought hard to defeat them but it is a matter of survival (unless ofc you can defeat it really, really quickly). Either way you've done a great job; I am enjoying reading this AAR just like in the “old days”! :)

My brush with the Germans was mercifully brief - they destroyed about 15 of my divisions and then left the rest of the job to their allies.

That wasn't very nice of them... :eek:

I believe that the AI doesn't care as long as you don't share a land border with them. That's why I didn't take Hungarian provinces bordering with Germany, as they kicked me out of there real fast. After all, you saw the movement after I took out Slovakia and Hungary at the same time! :D

If it is not too late already I would shorten the frontlines by evacuating Italy, I know you fought hard to defeat them but it is a matter of survival (unless ofc you can defeat it really, really quickly). Either way you've done a great job; I am enjoying reading this AAR just like in the “old days”! :)

I believe I can kill Italy soon enough. I'll do my best! :)

Just to motivate you, I played Estonia in hpp for fun. I got alot of IC with the laws and I went exile and fought against Germany with Brits. Succesful my attempt was in liberated Jordania and Palestine went for Baghdad and sieged Teheran. Then I went for Corsica and then went back to main island and started prepearing for well Overlord in 2 years advance. I belive my sitution wasn't as bad as your.

I'm not sure whether it's even possible to go government-in-exile with Yugoslavia since Germany has a tendency to create puppet states in your place.

Yugoslavia tends to be annexed more often from what I've seen. Though I believe I might go into the exile via decision if I'm about to lose my last important VP location, of course if I'm not mistaken, avoiding the annexation.

Guess you can abandon Yugoslavia for a better defensive position in North Italy

Defending as GiE Yugoslavia is my last option and I think I can do that with troops already in place there. I'll try to fall back to the next riverline and defend Beograd. If everything else fails, I'll try to get my troops out of there and hold onto Ljubjana and Zagreb. Being a GiE with about a hundred of combat divsions doesn't strike me as a very valid strategy anyway :D

I guess Germany has more resources to send to the Balkan front now that France has fallen. That really sucks for you Ikar.

Yeah, I know. I hope the Soviets will be quick about it...

I am very curious to see how you fare against unhindered military might of Germany. Good luck to you surviving until USSR gets involved!

I've played a bit yesterday and... well damn, I think I'm screwed :D

Well, facing Germany alone is probably going to be too much for our humble Yugoslavia. How about preparing an exit strategy to evacuate the continent without giving up too many of your divisions? If you manage to constitute a GiE you should then be able to strike back when the right moment comes... Germany doesn't always form both Croatia and Serbia, so you can hope to have part of your territory only under occupation, instead of annexed.

Well, facing Germany alone is probably going to be too much for our humble Yugoslavia. How about preparing an exit strategy to evacuate the continent without giving up too many of your divisions? If you manage to constitute a GiE you should then be able to strike back when the right moment comes... Germany doesn't always form both Croatia and Serbia, so you can hope to have part of your territory only under occupation, instead of annexed.

What made a real difference was that I didn't have any manpower for like a month or so and missed out on the initial reinforcement bonus. There's no problem with going into exile, as that's a decision I can fire when my surrender progress or lost land reaches 50%, so you don't need to worry about that. I don't think I can "store" units in Italy as an exchange for Yugoslavia though. But perhaps the Allied expeditionary force is large enough to do that...?

Yes, I had noticed in one of the earlier screenshots that your units were not up to strength and your manpower was zero despite the fact you were recruiting. I hadn't thought about the significance of the initial mobilization period but not being able to make use of that must have been bad for you. Really, you had built a massive army before the war... but on paper only. I know you always like to go for the standing army but I think this was a situation where a draft was the only possible solution?

Yes, I had noticed in one of the earlier screenshots that your units were not up to strength and your manpower was zero despite the fact you were recruiting. I hadn't thought about the significance of the initial mobilization period but not being able to make use of that must have been bad for you. Really, you had built a massive army before the war... but on paper only. I know you always like to go for the standing army but I think this was a situation where a draft was the only possible solution?

I couldn't get to enact any of the MP boosts, probably due to some MMTH restrictions. When playing HPP, you rely on that it works and you don't conserve manpower like in any other mod, as HPP makes you actually bleed more than the other ones. I would've had already full strength army if it wasn't due to this... feature :huh: :D

Less talking and more updates Ikar!