• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Excellent update! The dialogue feels very fitting.

bestlaidplans0na.jpg

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."

--- Friedrich Nietzsche

Discussion amongst unidentified individuals
March 28th, 1938
Renovated Medieval Castle outside Kiev, Soviet Union

Shadowy Individual:
Everything is proceeding according to plan. Our agents report things are proceeding smoothly.

Shadowy Individual:
I would not be so quick to declare victory. Our agents in the Nazi party report they BELIEVE that Hitler has been convinced that German linguistic unification is necessary. That does not mean that he will take the actions that will lead him to war. He has yet to act on Austria and our agents have been whispering annexation to him for months.

Shadowy Individual:
That he has not acted yet does not mean that he will not ever act. Hitler is malleable and easily led by those close to him. Our agents have infiltrated his inner circle. They whisper honeyed words into his ears every day. The time for war comes soon.

Shadowy Individual:
It had better come soon. Japanese success in China is alarming. The German army has grown to rival Stalin's and we estimate it will surpass him in a matter of months. It took years to modernize. I believe we may have placed too much faith in Soviet ability.

Shadowy Individual:
Nonsense. They found the artifacts of Constantine that we hid in Yerevan. They used them to set our plans in motion. They have modernized and they are now building a large armored corps to stab into Germany like a knife through butter.

Shadowy Individual:
I still believe Japan must be watched more carefully. Our influence is weak at best. Infiltrating the Navy was easy, but the Army is harder, and the Emperor's personal staff is a nightmare. We must divert more resources into this.

Shadowy Individual:
Nonsense, we have Yamamoto and Tojo, the rest is meaningless. The Pearl Harbor directive remains in place. Everything is proceeding according to plan.

Shadowy Individual:
Then all is well.

Shadowy Individual:
No. I still believe we are placing too much faith in the Soviets.

Shadowy Individual:
No, brother. Faith is the farthest thing from our minds....

(All Upgrades Completed)
(Schwerpunkt Doctrine researched)
(Mikhail Tukhachevsky begins research on Blitzkrieg Doctrine)
(1 1-unit run of Mountain Infantry placed under construction: 11 unit stack annoys me)
(+1 Hawk Lobby)
(Basic Decryption devices researched)
(Charkov Factory Design Bureau begins research on Improved Light Tank)
(Advanced Construction Engineering researched)
(Nizny Tagil Factories begins research on Agricultural Production)
(Early Air Carrier researched)
(Nevskoye Design Bureau begins research on Basic Air Carrier)
(Great Officer Purge: PURGED!)
(Improved Computing Machine researched)
(Kirov Factory Design Bureau begins research on Production Planning)
(Deployed 6 Armored Divisions)

(5 Spies killed in ongoing counter-espionage activities)

guildhall3oh.jpg

Last edited:
hmmm, I smell conspiracy here.

Well, I just noticed that Austria chose to join the Axis rather than be annexed. The Great Purge distracted me since it occured at the same time roughly.

Munich fired and I was thinking, what about Austria? So I checked the game log and sure enough there is was. Well, this might make things easier! Thank God, I was starting to worry as German IC is HUGE!

Well, that's Russia for you. Shady characters, usually sporting eyepatches, exaggerated accents and a cat. And plans for global domination. And cigars. Of course cigars. :D

Well, I finished my gaming for the night, I will have to write up the next piece tommorow at work.

It looks like Japan will be annexing Nationalist China by the end of the year. They have completely blocked them from the sea now and are pushing them slowly into the Gobi. Good thing Khalkin Gohl event gives Non-Aggression Pact. Let the Japanese pour their blood out into the Pacific!

HannibalBarca said:
Well, that's Russia for you. Shady characters, usually sporting eyepatches, exaggerated accents and a cat. And plans for global domination. And cigars. Of course cigars. :D
lol.

I must admit a Russian-accented "thank you, come again" would be rather funny, especially if the man who speaks it is a bald guy who wears a white suit and very black sunglasses and a very very black cat on his lap. :D

And Cuban cigars, I say. Only Cuban, 'cause it's the standard cigar for the Proletariat!

Still, I wonder if we should start a bet on who are these guys. I'm betting on the Pope and princess Anastasia.

Excellent update. Oh, am I smelling conspiracy here :rolleyes:
HannibalBarca said:
Dont forget vodka and caviar :D

Great AAR!

I love the use of the quotes and your choice of pics is excellent.

Josef Stalin:
Hitler seeks to bury his sword in France. I think we should let him. Once he has done so, France will become a stone which holds fast. Unfortunately for Hitler, he is no King Arthur. When the Soviet army crosses the border, he will be unable to withdraw from France fast enough. We will be in Berlin in weeks. Germany will stand no chance.

and your King Arthur analogy - inspired!

lifeless said:
heh heh nice update! i wonder who those individuals work for...

Obviously the Evil Capitalist/Facist Grand Directory Board, who have brainwashed the innocent mind of Comrade Stalin and twisted his perception of reality in order to make it seem like Communism is gaining the upper hand in the global political struggle.

See? Simple. :D

unforeseenconsequences9ys.jpg

"Truth is so hard to tell, it sometimes needs fiction to make it plausible."

--- Sir Francis Bacon

Discussion between Josef Stalin and Alexander Agamov, former assistant to Dr. Khojanijazoff
June 3rd, 1939
The Kremlin, Moscow, Soviet Union

Josef Stalin:
My aide informs me you have some important information for me?

Alexander Agamov:
Yes, Comrade Stalin. I do. As you know, Dr Khojanijazoff died nearly three months ago. The police have labeled the death an accident, the unfortunate result of walking in front of a truck. However, I do not believe that is the case.

Josef Stalin:
Yes, yes. He was killed by Christian extremists. I have heard the story many times. I hope this is not the important information you have for me?

Alexander Agamov:
No. Though I suspect he was murdered I have no direct evidence. The complete lack of credible witnesses is alarming and I have my theories. But no, that is not why I am here.

Josef Stalin:
Then what is it, Alexander?

Alexander Agamov:
Two days ago, a letter arrived at the University for Dr. Khojanijazoff. Strange, I know. So strange in fact that the mail screeners the party sent to look through the mail which arrived after his death had already left the University. Three months, who of importance could not know? I spoke with the mail clerk and he said that the letter was actually mailed four months ago, before Dr. Khojanijazoff's death. It was held up at a distribution center in Kiev. It fell between the sorting machines and was only recently found.

Regardless, since there was no screener and Dr. Khojanijazoff could obviously not open it himself, I decided to take a peek.

Josef Stalin:
What did it say?

Alexander Agamov:
Take a look for yourself.

Dear Dr. Khojanijazoff:

The Council wishes to inform you that it is pleased with your progress. Your discovery was well timed. We were impressed that you were able to so eloquently defend your find and acquire the funds to construct the museum.

The Grand Plan is proceeding as anticipated. China trembles and Germany grumbles. Soon the dogs of war will be unleashed. We have much to attribute to you and there is much glory yet for you to attain.

We are, however, concerned that your recent speeches are getting too close to revealing truths best kept hidden. You have exaggerated too much upon the original concepts. You have raised questions that might lead inquiring minds to uncovering the true nature of the Yerevan dig. And there have been reports that Kiril was not eliminated as planned. This disturbs us greatly.

We have placed a train ticket in your name at the Kievsky Station. Inform the counter of your identity and you shall be provided the ticket. The train departs on March 6th at noon. Wear a blue shirt and khaki pants. Our men will pick you up in Kiev.

When you arrive in Kiev you will be re-assigned. If you do not get on the train, you will be considered rogue. The choice is yours, "Comrade". See you in Kiev.

Günter Kiebel

Josef Stalin:
This is deeply disturbing, Alexander. I appreciate you bringing this to me. What is this mark at the bottom of the letter?

Alexander Agamov:
I do not know. It is the same mark that I found on a stamp in Dr. Khojanijazoff's desk after his death.

Josef Stalin:
Bring me the stamp immediately.

Alexander Agamov:
Yes, Comrade Stalin. I will return to the University at once and retrieve it.

Josef Stalin:
Good.

*** Alexander Agamov leaves the room. ***

*** Ivan Proskurov, Head of the KGB, steps out from behind a wall ***

Josef Stalin:
I take it you heard everything.

Ivan Proskurov:
Every word.

Josef Stalin:
Have your best men follow him. His life is nothing to me. If he tries to flee, follow him, wherever it might take you; to Berlin if necessary. If he reaches a point beyond which you cannot follow, consider his life forfeit.

That being said, he is worth more alive than dead. Do not kill him needlessly. The value of his life is measured purely in information.

Ivan Proskurov:
Yes, Comrade Stalin. It shall be done.

Josef Stalin:
After your men have left, return to me. We have much to discuss.....

(Deployed 1 Mountain Division)
(Chasan Lake Incident)
(Improved Light Tank researched)
(Charkov Factory Design Bureau begins research on Basic Medium Tank)
(Treaty of Munich: Historical)
(Agricultural Production researched)
(Barrikada Factory Design Bureau begins research on Basic Infantry Division)
(Basic Air Carrier researched)
(Nevskoye Design Bureau begins research on Improved Air Carrier)
(Production Planning researched)
(Kirov Factory Design Bureau begins research on Production Control)
(Blitzkrieg Doctrine researched)
(Yakolev Design Bureau begins research on Delay Doctrine)
(NOTE: Mikhail Tukhachevsky was killed in the Great Purge. He survived for another 8 months, however, as a tech team doing the extremely long Blitzkrieg research!)
(+1 Standing Army)
(Maksim Litvinov resigns, Vyacheslav Molotov becomes new Foriegn Minister)
(Basic Infantry Division researched)
(Barrikada Factory Design Bureau begins research on Improved Encryption Devices)
(Basic Medium Tank researched)
(Igor Kurchatov begins research on Improved Decryption Devices)
(Non-aggression pacts expiring all over)
(Production Control researched)
(Kirov Factory Design Bureau begins research on Assembly Line Experimentation)
(Battle of Khalkin Ghol: Non-Aggression Pact with Japan)
(Improved Air Carrier researched)
(Nevskoye Design Bureau begins research on Improved Destroyer)
(Deployed 18 Armored Divisions)

(13 Spies killed in ongoing counter-espionage activities)

shadowpentagram5cy.jpg

Ever paranoid and full of fear, the red monarchy would most likely react to this letter with renewed purges of such ferocity that the ones in our timeline would bleak in comparison. The NKVD will have their work cut out for them... I pitty all the innocents... :(

Last edited:
Now I don't know about you, but I find these world-conquering secret groups are getting a bit lazy... I mean, regular soviet mail?! :wacko: :p