• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Day Of Reckoning

Entry 18

2qthjsw.jpg

France was still at war with a few small nations on the other side of the world. But, they slowly gave up the war…as they were too far away.

Instead, there were bigger countries to worry about…like Burgundy. We declared war them. And, Portugal declared war on us...along with a lot of others

9k2iy8.jpg

England…I’ve fought many a war against them. The only reason why was they were easy to beat for me. But, right here and now I can use some friends.

2sajvgi.jpg

Then, again maybe not.

vq7h5i.jpg

No sooner had Burgundy agreed to a peace agreement, Meissen, Holland, and Analt agreed to a white peace. Now, there was only Portugal to tend to.

m799jn.jpg

As for Portugal, they wanted my islands…France’s islands. This is a good reason not to have islands, unless you’re willing to defend them. As you can see Portugal has already thrown Japan out of the Caribbean Islands by retaking St. Lucia.

Well, at least Marshall Barros of Portugal is a man of his word…he said he’d take St. Lucia back…but, he didn’t say a word about taking France’s Trinidad and St. Thomas as well.

After we took our islands back…I had no intention at this time of taking any land from Portugal. If we did, it would only serve to spread our army out and make a lot of people mad at us. As it was I needed our forces bunched…putting troops at the edges of Europe just wouldn’t do at this time.

3149w5y.jpg

With Portugal not wanting to agree to a white peace, we needed to poise a huge threat to the nation of Portugal to change their mind.
They eventually came around to our way of thinking and agreed to a white peace. Thus, France was truly at peace once more.

This AAR, along with "EU1 Portugal" are current. Thus posts are allowed following the last post shown.

Last edited:
Interesting that the squabbling over Caribbean islands continues.
France is really going to have pick things up to take on the Japanese

Boy...do I know it. Maybe this is where Range fails.

DAY OF RECKONING

34hxr82.jpg

Entry 19

The years were flying by without France going to war. What was Range thinking, waiting so long? “All in good time…all in good time.”

16gmjjq.jpg

The time was now. But, why was Range taking on so many countries? Of course, most of the little countries bowed out quickly…except for one…Guyene…but, there still were some mighty countries forming up against France.

166evwy.jpg

Range needed a very quick victory. He got one here.

10r0o4z.jpg

As for Burgundy, she was no longer a mighty nation and was fighting a losing cause...

30crm2w.jpg

and, they soon paid the price

35hi9h2.jpg

Poor Guyenne was just in the way.

That left Spain and Holland. Spain accepted a white peace after Range attacked and captured Madrid. Holland, paid 150 ducats for peace.

1hweip.jpg

France was beginning to stretch out it’s borders to where Range needed France to be. The only problem was England was beginning to rattle her swords. An insult soon followed from England.

Range's generals asked when do we go to war with England. "Relax," Range told them. "Everything is coming together...we'll push the English out in due time. But, this isn't the right time. We just fought a very expensive war and gained a lot of bad boy points. We need time to bring it down, and to give the populace time to adjust."

Last edited:
Day Of Reckoning

DAY OF RECKONING

Range did not fear Great Britain's land forces, but he was mindful of their navy. Prepare for war...the war against Great Britain is next!

"We'll drive them back to the coast," Range said confidently.

But, was France ready to face Great Britain, and can Range and his French armies push the Britain back to the coast of France.

"These are our lands. This war will determine who will be the master, Britain, or France."

Another post will be delivered later tonight EST...WIN...LOSE...OR, DRAW...the outcome of the war shall be known.

Last edited:
DAY OF RECKONING

There are thirteen screenshots in this post.

34hxr82.jpg

Entry 20

April 1670

It was a war that Range wanted and not Great Britain. Although they insulted France some years before…they thought all was forgiven...but, still waters ran deep. Now, Range was prepared to make Great Britain pay and pay dearly for that insult. "It's not the only reason for war," said Range, "but the memory of it angered the French."

Under the banner of reconquest France was going for broke…it was victory or complete destruction.

France was going to war with no allies. Great Britain had both Sweden, Trier and Avignon on its side.

34fogev.jpg

Sweden felt the initial blow, as other French forces readied for attack.

azie1c.jpg

Then, it was the British turn to taste defeat.

w169u8.jpg

az9dvq.jpg

For some unexplained reason Range let Sweden off the hook. Maybe it was too much to chew, he accepted a white peace from them…even when he could have taken such prizes as Puerto Rico and Pirineo. “Maybe next time.”

24b290p.jpg

Great Britain was Range’s main concern…but, there a second target.

2pqucl2.jpg

Stabbed in the back by Frenchmen.

2ywz7a1.jpg

Avignon was let off the hook next. But, there was another country that Range wanted a piece of besides Great Britain.

…Trier.

aaak5x.jpg

This was sweet.

30axm36.jpg

A victory at sea against the fearsome British was sweeter.

29c2nti.jpg

However, the victory against Britain on land was the sweetest nectar of all.

ilku94.jpg

The new France

2hfj56t.jpg

The world. And, in this world, Japan is such a juggernaut...it'll be hard just to stop to them, no less to push them back to their simple beginning seems out of the question.

A newsreporter came to Range and asked. "Now, that you have pushed the British to the coast...I suppose your next greatest foe would be Bavaria?"

Range turned angry, readying his answer, "France fears no country on this Earth."

Last edited:
DAY OF RECKONING

ENTRY 21

34hxr82.jpg

eg0ux.jpg

King Louis XVI

Range met with King Louis XVI and asked for a grand decision. He asked that all the research of the country to be put into land research. “In that a country is only as strong as its king, a army is only as good as its kings allows it to be.”

“A strong France…is what I ask for. What else can I do to make France stronger?”

“As you know my hope is to stop the great Japanese threat. I do not know what course they have taken in research, but it is my hope that we throw all our research into Land,”

“This can be done for a time, Range.”

At last, for the next few years France was besieged by loss of stability for various reasons...either a political crisis, or some dangerous thinking “Humanism.” Thus, the land research was somewhat hindered.

25ja721.jpg

War…with Spain…

30w8pcj.jpg

The first battle Bearn

ogkqc9.jpg

Second battle of Bearn

j0v8ma.jpg

France was defending their lands.

2115s87.jpg

Over and over again. But, it was time to take the fight to enemy.

6hpzky.jpg

The French army cut and slashed their way into Spain.

2zjmc1z.jpg

2z7ewrr.jpg

30j4ncy.jpg

The final battle ended just before the peace talks were concluded.

Last edited:
DAY OF RECKONING

34hxr82.jpg

ENTRY 22

It was time for good fortune…local commanders in the capital take it upon themselves to build size 3 fort. Also, local economy booms in Normandie gives the country 100 ducats.

mc3uaf.jpg

This was also a time to put excess funds into building weapon Manufactories in Navarra and the Aragon.

This was a time to prepare for war, but who was France preparing to fight.

1zqbrt4.jpg

“You know I really hate spies.”

2w677k4.jpg

Now, that’s something very special. The time for war is upon us.

125i3vr.jpg

M-m-m-m, I wonder.

Polotsk as the emperor...
Range will need all his skill to...
Nope I think it would be time for the B Team to take the field

Range is on the B team as well. Later tonight...I'll try to post the results of the war...

DAY OF RECKONING

There are 11 screenshots in this post, including the flag and the map.

Entry 23

34hxr82.jpg

Range was looking for an easy victory.

2yxpzk4.jpg

“Where did they pop up from?”

1on7rc.jpg

“Now, that’s better.”

msivl0.jpg

“I don’t like to lose.”

28laywo.jpg

And, right below the previous pop up is this pop up.”

15x8etg.jpg

“Ah…what…we lost the battle…who’s doing the umpiring?”

w05q3k.jpg

Then, a few months later. "Pay back..."

2yz0nrt.jpg

That’s really cutting Burgundy down to size…and the coins aren’t bad.

359h536.jpg

“Is anyone keeping score? We’re beating stuffing out of Italy, but they are still being credited with the battle.”

5n3r46.jpg

Sorry…but, the screen shot is missing which states what Italy ceded to France. But, around the 4th of July, 1717, France gained Dauphine, Avignon, and Lyonnais from Italy…thus, severing two provinces from the rest of Italy.

30kelg6.jpg

Oh, yes, for those of you that want to know what happened to Polotek...they gained a white peace from France in February the following year.

Last edited:
DAY OF RECKONING

Entry 24

34hxr82.jpg

d758k.jpg

1235p5j.jpg

This morning, a captain of the guards entered Range’s office with some of his men. They were ushering in a rotund man who they thought seemed suspicious. “Marshall Range... we found this man just wandering about. When we asked what he wanted he said he came to see you.”

It didn’t take Range more than a second to recognize the man. Seeing the man’s warm smile, Range had to smile with joy as he stood up to greet his old friend. “Andy…aren’t you a sight for sore eyes. It’s all right you can leave him with me...

“Yes, sir.” The captain, gave Andy a perturbed look as he left.

Andy returned a somewhat puzzled look in response to the captain’s stare, before taking a step back.

“Andy...what are you doing here?”

2wnbryd.jpg

Andy

“I came to see if I could help,” said Andy with a distinctive raspy voice.

“Help,” asked Range curiously. “Why, you think I need help?”

“I sure do…and, I’m not the only one.”

“And, they sent you to help.”

“Not exactly...”

“What? Asked Range. “Do you mean you came on your own.”

“Sure...Because you need a little prodding...don’t you know what year this is,” Andy asked concerned.

“Everything is falling in place.”

“Is it? Well, don’t be so sure about that. Well, besides me, on this journey you haven’t a friend in this world.”

“Well, then it’s a good thing you showed up,” Range snickered.

“This is no laughing matter, You’re in trouble, my friend...and, so is all of time.” Andy paused briefly before continuing. “And, if you’re counting on Eugene... you better think twice. ..that’s all I got to say. Why he doesn’t even know that you and Rangemura are one of the same.”

“That might so. But, I’m still going to get my army...”

“What army? France barely has enough men to defend what it has.”

“What have you heard?”

“It should be obvious.”
11rvyow.jpg

“See…France can't spare anyone.”

Last edited:
The plot thickens..... :)

DAY OF RECKONING

34hxr82.jpg

Entry 25

1087dc0.jpg

Andy and Eugene never seemed to get on the same page with one another. Even though Andy was the sweetest human being you’d ever like to meet, for some reason he was always very short with Eugene.

“So, Andy…how did you come about to get such a voice?”

“What do you mean by that crack…Eugene?”

“Nothing…I just wondered…”

“What do you think I had some kind of childhood sickness...or, I fell with a curtain rod in my mouth...maybe I burned the inside of mouth by accident that made me sound like this?”

“No…you don’t like me do you, Andy?”

“That’s not it at all, Eugene…I just don’t trust you to do what Range needs you to do. And, that’s the whole reason I’m short with you…I just don’t trust you.” Andy then turned and began to walk away.

“Okay…I rode Rangemura for a long time. What does that means?”

Andy stopped and turned back around. “Loyalty...where does yours lie. Rangemura knew what he was doing...that taking over the world was wrong. And, that’s why he had to die. Now, Range has to undo what Rangemura did. And, he’s trusting you to bring us reinforcements when begin our war against Japan.”

“I’ll be there.”

“Will you...I have my doubts.” Andy then turned and began to slowly walk away. “Let’s see you prove me wrong,” he said sadly.

France declared war on Great Britain on Wednesday, the 17th of December 1739. The charge was nationalism. The quest was to push Great Britain out of mainland Europe.

qpq5uc.jpg

While the Britain and the France squared off on mainland Europe, French troops readied to assault the British isle. Britain was not ready for any sort of assault. Thankfully. for the British homeland France’s plan was not to take any province on the isle. The French troops were there to present a major threat to British commonwealth. Strangely, the French troops on the isle were there to keep the peace and to wipe out revolts against the British crown. "Britain must be kept strong," Range was quoted, "One day, maybe they will become an ally to our cause against Japan."

"Don't count on that one Range," commented Andy.

While this was taking place the French troops were wiping out the British troops on mainland Europe.

30c5ztl.jpg

v32gzb.jpg

5obebp.jpg

The ding of war was silenced...suddenly, there were no British soldiers on mainland Europe, and only a precious few huddling up together on the British isle.

2wbrv2v.jpg

Finally, the war was over. Range also received news from the east...Klandesh had consented to allow the French navy and army to land in their ports.

4grvnl.jpg

34oot8l.jpg

Ready or not, Japan...here come the French.

Last edited:
France vs. Japan - Take 1!

Coming to a Battlefield near you!

DAY OF RECKONING

34hxr82.jpg

Entry 26

1087dc0.jpg

On the dock, as the French expeditionary force boarded the ships bound for Japan, Range turned to his friend offering a farewell handshake.

“What’s that for Range?” Andy asked, angrily. “You’re not thinking of leaving me behind are you?”

“Yes, I am. . .I think it’s for the best.”

“So, that’s how it is.. .keeping the rotund man out of harms way. Range you can’t do it. . .twenty-eight thousand is less than a third of what you figured you’d need to stop Mahakala. . .this is ludicrous. . He has eight times more soldiers than you have.”

“Well, do you think the entire Japanese army will be waiting for us on the beach when we land?”

“Twenty-eight thousand.. .if you drop the zeros that's twenty-eight. . .didn’t you say once that 28 has always been a bad number for you. . .and, didn’t I see the standards for the fourth and the seventh regiments board those ships?”

“That’s right.”

“What’s seven times four. . . it’s twenty-eight isn’t it? There's that number again...twenty-eight. It's a bad omen I tell you.”

“Oh, that’s silly. . .seven is lucky.

“Not when it has anything to do with a four. . .a four nullifies the seven. . .you told me that once before, too.

“Well Andy,” smiled Range, “don’t tell me you becoming superstitious?

“Not me. . .but, you are, about one thing the number twenty- eight.”

Range took Andy aside to speak to him in confidence. “Look Andy, I need you to go find Eugene."

“Forget Eugene. . .no one’s seen hide or hair of him for days.”

“I know.. .he’s sailed to Caribbean.

“Caribbean! What a time for him to take a vacation. Range, I warned you about him."

“Find him for me.

“All right...I'll do it. . .not that it’ll do much good.”

“Goodbye old friend,” said Range as he turned to board a Warwagon

Andy’s voice then shook, “Not goodbye Range,” he sadly said, “.. .until we meet again.

After Range had sailed Andy went to Naval war office to ask for a ship to him to find Eugene. Re frowned when he heard what they . .three caravels. “You still have them?” He wondered why the naval office offered three caravels until he saw them. “Well, there they are, “he mumbled to himself. “. . .the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Marina. . .

jruyir.jpg

I thought they sank?”

Of course Andy was only be sarcastic when he named the ships. The ships were old, but not as old as Columbus’ ships.

Turning the master skipper of the voyage to ask, “Why would the Naval department give me three ships?”

The skipper’s reply made Andy have thoughts about the journey. “It’s purely precautionary,” assured the captain. “If one ship sinks we will still have two ships, and even if a second ship sinks we should be able to sail on.”

“Well, what about the return journey?” Andy asked.

“Return journey?”

Andy never would find Eugene…two of the ships that the navy department gave him sank during a fierce storm…the skipper of the third vessel thought it best to return to France as quickly as possible.

ve88c5.jpg

To the far east the expeditionary force landed at Klandesh. They were asked one small favor…to take care of some rebels.

5zhcfs.jpg

Range and his men attacked the rebels in the early morning hours. They wiped out the rebels without losing a single man.

344pphf.jpg

With their ships soon repaired, and provisions procured, the expedition set out for war against the Japanaese. When they reached the first Japanese island they found that the island had been taken over by rebels.

The war between Range’s forces and Japan is being waged at this very moment…

308b1w2.jpg

The first shots of the war was fired, not by Range’s forces, but by Andy’s caravel that was returning from their sea journey…before Andy knew it his ship was joined by the French navy. “What have I done?” Andy asked himself. Little did he know many miles away Range had already declared war on the Japanese.

Last edited:
DAY OF RECKONING

34hxr82.jpg

Entry 27

rc7wo2.jpg

Unbeknownst to him, the first shots of the war had already been fired by Andy. Not that it would have mattered to Range…he was more concerned taking out the rebels, and taking the island of Samtoy.

A navy battle in the Sulu sea, saw Japan lose ten transports filled with men, and two battlewagons captured by the French.

2cendyt.jpg

With Samtoy captured, Range split his forces and moved on to the next island.

kanxh2.jpg

Taiwan was the next island. The Japanese garrison on the island didn’t stand a chance against the French. They appear to be new troops, otherwise it made no sense as they suddenly just popped up out of no where...to be slaughtered easily.

msbnur.jpg

Range split his forces yet again.

The island of Okinawa was next. It fell too to the French.

With three islands taken, Range knew he could not split his forces again. He needed reinforcements.

2b2tye.jpg

Range laid his hoes with Eugene…but, Eugene was still in the Caribbean.

178kl3.jpg

The best Range could do now was to demand Japan cede some territory.

1qj2is.jpg

However, the Japanese knew Range’s position.

2a9bm9v.jpg

Range’s position looked helpless unless reinforcements arrived soon.

To be continued:

Last edited: