• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Moragion

Corporal
35 Badges
Apr 25, 2018
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Semper Fi
Don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but every time I field a Crab, all the enemies concentrate fire on it. Doesn't matter that there are better or easier targets to hit. The AI just focus on the Crab. Which means that I end just selling it, and feeling bad cause I really like the mech, think it makes a nice ride for my commander.

So, anyone has suffered this with either the Crab or another mech?

Don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but every time I field a Crab, all the enemies concentrate fire on it. Doesn't matter that there are better or easier targets to hit. The AI just focus on the Crab. Which means that I end just selling it, and feeling bad cause I really like the mech, think it makes a nice ride for my commander.

So, anyone has suffered this with either the Crab or another mech?
Quick question! What are the Crab’s Lancemates?

The AI has become increasingly proficient at identifying and focusing their Fires on a Player’s “Weakest Link.” Any chance that descriptor fits for the Crab BattleMech you are using?

Also, are you using the Crab as a Scout or frequently having it in the open?

I notice that the enemy will prioritize mechs closer to them and sometimes mechs out of cover (when other mechs are in woods or bullwarked).

I once had about a Lance and a half chasing after my Hatchetman like a dog chasing a squirrel lol. Luckily it has full JJs, +3 to hit Gyro, and I always vigalence it when moving (plus stick to cover when possible). It allowed the rest of my lance to maneuver in behind them. However, doing that made my lance leave cover and as soon as that happened, the enemy disengaged my Hatchetman and went back to engaging my main force.

It is interesting to see what grabs the enemies attention and what doesn't.

P.S. I also notice the enemy seems to prioritize the lighter Mech (or maybe weaker) in a Lance. I like running a Marauder with 3 assaults and they tend to like attacking the Marauder more than anything else.

Focusing Fire.

I rejoiced the day the AI picked up that particular habit/behavior. : )

Quick question! What are the Crab’s Lancemates?

The AI has become increasingly proficient at identifying and focusing their Fires on a Player’s “Weakest Link.” Any chance that descriptor fits for the Crab BattleMech you are using?
The lance was Crab, Blackjack, Vindicator, Panther, so not the weakest link, I think. Plus, that happened to me in different careers, not just this one. In every career where I field a Crab, they beat the crap out of it (pun intended)

Also, are you using the Crab as a Scout or frequently having it in the open?

I notice that the enemy will prioritize mechs closer to them and sometimes mechs out of cover (when other mechs are in woods or bullwarked).

I once had about a Lance and a half chasing after my Hatchetman like a dog chasing a squirrel lol. Luckily it has full JJs, +3 to hit Gyro, and I always vigalence it when moving (plus stick to cover when possible). It allowed the rest of my lance to maneuver in behind them. However, doing that made my lance leave cover and as soon as that happened, the enemy disengaged my Hatchetman and went back to engaging my main force.

It is interesting to see what grabs the enemies attention and what doesn't.
Not really. As I said, they attacked the Crab even when there were closer targets or easier ones.

I've never noticed a bias specifically towards any one mech over any other mech. The AI always seems to have a method to their attacks.

Maybe it is just luck (or bad luck I should say) that they have been targeting your Crab.

If it continues, maybe try using it to your advantage. Use the Crab with Sprint/cover/vigalence to draw the enemy Lance out of position and get some rear shots. I've done that a few times when they seem to be fixated on a mech.

I've never noticed a bias specifically towards any one mech over any other mech. The AI always seems to have a method to their attacks.

Maybe it is just luck (or bad luck I should say) that they have been targeting your Crab.

If it continues, maybe try using it to your advantage. Use the Crab with Sprint/cover/vigalence to draw the enemy Lance out of position and get some rear shots. I've done that a few times when they seem to be fixated on a mech.
Nah, don't think it's worth it. Also, have gone past the time where I would field a medium mech. But surprised to see that no one else has a cursed model.

Well, I suppose is just my fate

Nah, don't think it's worth it. Also, have gone past the time where I would field a medium mech. But surprised to see that no one else has a cursed model.

Well, I suppose is just my fate

It's hard to say what draws the attention of the AI.

Right now they seem to like going after my Marauder 2R. This is especially unsettling because they are hard to get and I am playing with CT destruction = total loss. I haven't come that close to losing it, but it does get beat on more than I like. I now have two of them though, so I feel at least a bit more at ease.

It's hard to say what draws the attention of the AI.

Right now they seem to like going after my Marauder 2R. This is especially unsettling because they are hard to get and I am playing with CT destruction = total loss. I haven't come that close to losing it, but it does get beat on more than I like. I now have two of them though, so I feel at least a bit more at ease.
The 2R can only be obtained in the shop, no? I haven't found one yet

The 2R can only be obtained in the shop, no? I haven't found one yet

Yeah. I assembled my two from parts found in the Black Market. I would imagine faction stores may have them too, but I haven't tried that route myself.

For me it's the King Crab that's cursed. Random indirect LRM5 shot from the other side of the map and BAM head shot every time

I swear I've had more mechwarriers injured in a King Crab than Urbie's or Locusts (this is clearly based on rigorous statistic analysis and not flawed memory in any way shape or form....)

For me it's the King Crab that's cursed. Random indirect LRM5 shot from the other side of the map and BAM head shot every time

I swear I've had more mechwarriers injured in a King Crab than Urbie's or Locusts (this is clearly based on rigorous statistic analysis and not flawed memory in any way shape or form....)
So it is the Crab family then

• 1Haha
Reactions: