The current exploit development system is a safety hazard

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

King Klout

Recruit
1 Badges
Dec 22, 2015
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Currently for a blobbing run, mass exploiting development is part of the meta. To optimally expand rapidly and manage governing capacity, regularly exploiting dev (usually tax dev) on all your provinces has a significant impact on reducing your governing capacity usage and facilitates more rapid expansion. Paradox really should allow a for an exploit all button for each type of dev. It would improve player experience, and also get rid of the current experience which gives you a sore hand and is probably a risk factor for RSI.

I think prioritising improving mechanics which in the current meta cause the player to have to repeatedly click many many times is a good idea, as these are a risk to the player's health.

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Is that meta? Exploit 1 development in a territory with a courthouse lowers GC by a grand total of 0,01. On a say GC total of 1000, this is 0,001%

If you're min-maxing that much, you'll always have sore fingers, honestly.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
Is that meta? Exploit 1 development in a territory with a courthouse lowers GC by a grand total of 0,01. On a say GC total of 1000, this is 0,001%

If you're min-maxing that much, you'll always have sore fingers, honestly.
It's quite useful earlier on when you don't have the income to match your conquest speed in terms of dishing out courthouses. Once you get to the "infinite" money stage... yeah, it's not particularly needed.

Currently for a blobbing run, mass exploiting development is part of the meta. To optimally expand rapidly and manage governing capacity, regularly exploiting dev (usually tax dev) on all your provinces has a significant impact on reducing your governing capacity usage and facilitates more rapid expansion. Paradox really should allow a for an exploit all button for each type of dev. It would improve player experience, and also get rid of the current experience which gives you a sore hand and is probably a risk factor for RSI.

I think prioritising improving mechanics which in the current meta cause the player to have to repeatedly click many many times is a good idea, as these are a risk to the player's health.
If youre having issues with gov capacity theres 101 ways to solve it, you also have macro builder for exploit dev. Player health isn't at risk if they live a healthy lifestyle

Or they could get rid of the stupidity of basing gc on dev and instead go at least somewhat by province count since decreasing development doesn't magically make the area you need to patrol, maintain roads, etc. smaller...

Reactions:
Or they could get rid of the stupidity of basing gc on dev and instead go at least somewhat by province count since decreasing development doesn't magically make the area you need to patrol, maintain roads, etc. smaller...
People were making arguments in the opposite direction when we had corruption from territories.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Whats easier, to govern lots of small villages centrally, or to have multiple rich towns with rich burgers and rich nobles to obey your will
Dev is magic so you shouldn't really say 'doesnt magically make'

Whats easier, to govern lots of small villages centrally, or to have multiple rich towns with rich burgers and rich nobles to obey your will
Dev is magic so you shouldn't really say 'doesnt magically make'
I don't think it needs changing, but to play devil's advocate, if we understand that the development button represents in part improving infrastructure, surveying, organizing bureaucracy and taxation and not just e.g. doubling manpower by spawning extra families to draw soldiers from, then it does make a little sense.

Reactions:
I don't think it needs changing, but to play devil's advocate, if we understand that the development button represents in part improving infrastructure, surveying, organizing bureaucracy and taxation and not just e.g. doubling manpower by spawning extra families to draw soldiers from, then it does make a little sense.
Then what does it mean when you lower autonomy?

Then what does it mean when you lower autonomy?

I mean, again this is just me imagining things as I go, but that could be revoking certain rights, privileges, exemptions etc. given to local nobles or settlements. Or perhaps forcefully overhauling inefficient or self-serving laws and systems.
Of course in EU4 many mechanics kinda overlap; estates / edicts / special mechanics like janissaries / corruption etc. all could be imagined to pull similar levers in the simulated nation.