• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aerax has developed a taste for Mexican food, it seems. And somehow I doubt Aztec will do better in the frozen North.

I doubt it would be possible, but it would be cool if you could somehow capture a Aztec dragon, or at least it's eggs, and breed hybrids.

so... time to recover the North I'm guessing, or will you allow those foreigners sacrifice your vassals?

Aerax has developed a taste for Mexican food, it seems. And somehow I doubt Aztec will do better in the frozen North.

I doubt it would be possible, but it would be cool if you could somehow capture a Aztec dragon, or at least it's eggs, and breed hybrids.

what for? they are weaker than Valyrian ones

They aren't actually weaker than the Valyrian ones. As far as I'm aware, the game only has one type of dragon. I just created that bit of detail because Aerax, while still quite young, was the oldest and strongest of the dragons I encountered. Plus, I think during this version of the game/mod, the dragons weren't working properly. They didn't seem to be doing much- if any- damage to me at all, and so I created the little detail about them being 'Mexican food' for Aerax, to make up for that fact.

so... time to recover the North I'm guessing, or will you allow those foreigners sacrifice your vassals?

They're not getting the North. As I said at the bottom of the post, I will root out every last one of them and put them to the sword. Their emperor will bathe in dragon fire.

what for? they are weaker than Valyrian ones

Again, as I said above, they aren't actually weaker, that was just embellishment. But to stick with the 'story', yeah, no need to interbreed with a weaker species. Aerax is doing just fine, and he may or may not have an egg of his own. *wink wink*

Just imagine how easy this war would be if you had Drogon. He must be huge by now.

Just imagine how easy this war would be if you had Drogon. He must be huge by now.

Gods, imagine what that would be like? Funnily enough, I found out where he is/was. I haven't played the save in a while, and can't remember what's up with the other two, but Drogon is in Asshai. He literally couldn't be farther away on the map. :p

What is the state of the North at the moment. Did the Aztecs cause any permanent damage to the noble houses of the North?

Reactions:
Well, at least Aerax is good enough to take these on. Unless he gets too outnumbered.

Seriously, imagine if you were taking the Aztec invaders without Aerax. Also, what's going on in Essos besides Drogon?

What is the state of the North at the moment. Did the Aztecs cause any permanent damage to the noble houses of the North?

Well, at least Aerax is good enough to take these on. Unless he gets too outnumbered.

Seriously, imagine if you were taking the Aztec invaders without Aerax. Also, what's going on in Essos besides Drogon?

Again, as I have mentioned to someone else, it has been a while since I played the save file, and so I'm not exactly certain what was going on outside of the boundaries of my direct story. Essos is largely untouched by me, and so I'm not all that aware of circumstances there. I believe after Meereen was granted independence, there was infighting there and there are now multiple subdivisions of Meereen.

As for the North, no there wasn't lasting damage. Some people died in the invasion, some were executed, but nothing major. The Starks live, so I should be able to easily return them to power when I crush their measly empire.

Yep, I daresay it's time to subscribe to this awesome AAR.

Thank you very much, kind sir. :)

CHAPTER XXXIV - THE SUNSET WAR (pt. II)

With the Tenochcah pushed out of the Riverlands, all that was left for us to do was to push into the North. From the few reports we could receive from within the North, there were three things of great importance that reached our ears. Firstly, the so-called emperor of the Tenochah people had established a seat at White Creek Castle, a small keep on the White Knife. Apparently not intelligent enough to grasp that Winterfell, the Last Hearth or even the Dreadfort would have been far more suited to host the foreigners, they had instead chosen a small, poorly-defended keep. I had no doubt that my armies could take it, so much so that I began sending men back south, into the Riverlands. Some would return home while some would remain at the Neck, in the off chance things went awry. I took twenty thousand men, and one dragon, with me to White Creek, to 'settle' with this emperor.

The other news of importance regarded the locations of both the remaining Tenochcah and the Northern lords. Most of the Northern nobility, including the Starks, had taken refuge with the Northern Mountain Clans. It seemed as though the mountains there were of no interest to the Tenochcah, and so they left them untouched. Whatever their reasons were, tens of thousands of lords, ladies and lowborn had flocked into the mountains for refuge, and would soon be freed to return to their homes. We also learned that the remaining warriors were spread thin across the North. The Starks often spoke of how no Southern lord could hold the North, and that proved true for Westerners too. The lands were too vast for the invaders, and so they were spread sparsely across the North- no doubt making it extremely easy to destroy them when it inevitably came to that.

Arriving at White Creek Castle with twenty thousand men at my back, I saw what I had expected- a poorly defended castle. It seemed maybe one thousand men, at the most, were defending their emperor within the castle. White Creek Castle once operated under the rule of House Manderly, but now found itself infested with roaches. I thought about sending my men over the walls, it would no doubt me a simple task, but I remembered one thing: Fire is the best tool against roaches. With that in mind, I mounted Aerax and took to the skies. Those within the walls would soon enough know my wrath. As I sat hundreds of feet above the castle, I began my descent. The keep wouldn't stand under the pressure of dragon fire, but I would compensate the Manderlys justy. Now... Now it was time for some fun.

Aerax was still a young dragon, many decades younger than the Black Dread had been when he melted Harrenhal, but White Creek Castle was not Harrenhal. Its simple walls contorted under the heat, and its defenders bathed in the flames. Between the raging infernos wrought by Aerax, and the wind howling high above, I could barely hear their screams.Before long, the outer walls were nothing, as were the invaders. I focused Aerax's assault on doors of the main keep, burning the giant wooden doors enough so that the beast could smash them open with ease. A few dozen brave, or foolish, Tenochcah warriors sallied out, but met only fire. It wasn't long before he was in my sights. Wearing a pathetic crown of feathers, the emperor cowered in the back of the hall, not brave enough to meet me as his men had been. But, his men were now gone, and nothing remained between himself and my dragon. I brought my men into the halls, who took the emperor and the few women of the court out into the courtyard.

There, I gave my commands. With the women gathered in a crowd, the emperor was stood in the middle of the field, alone. I approached the man, and looked him up and down. He was my elder, no doubt, but he was still a young man. Apparently the courage that had brought him to these lands had all but left him now. Quivering before me, I smirked at him, embarrassed for him in honesty. Such a pathetic man had thought he could conquer Westeros, MY lands. He was gravely mistaken. I took a few steps back and spoke, not to him, not to the women and not to my men. "Aerax!" I called. The beast moved forward, now standing beside me, but a few feet from the emperor. "Eat." Within seconds, Aerax lunged forward and grabbed the man in his jaws. The women shrieked in horror as their emperor was torn to pieces before them. It took but no more than a few minutes for Aerax to devour the man. "Guard." I called next. "Let these women go. In one moon, we shall give chase to the remaining Tenochcah in the North. We will drive every last one of them to the deepest depths of the Seven Hells. These women will spread the word to those they find, or die in the cold."

HAqa0Sd.png

A month later, we departed. I called forth another twenty thousand men from the Neck, to help scour the North for the remaining Tenochcah. No doubt most fled back to the western shores, returning to their ships to sail west, but some remained. While my men set about ridding the North of the invaders, I traveled to the Northern Mountains, to relieve the Northerners of their self-imposed exile. Giving word to the lords present, I told them they were free to return to their homes as they saw fit. The Manderlys were to be compensated for the damage done to White Creek Castle, and the Starks would resume their dominion over the North from Winterfell. My actions would no doubt go a long way to ensuring the cooperation of the Northerners for many years to come. Within months, the last remaining Tenochcah that could be found were put to the sword, and the few boats now-remaining on the coasts were sent to the bottom of the Sunset Sea. A great victory had been secured, never again would these foreigners step foot in Westeros.

B11LJUa.png

Upon my return to the capital, I was met with adulation. All of Westeros had heard of the great Victory in the North and the Riverlands, and the realm saw fit to celebrate. My family greeted me warmly upon my arrival at the Red Keep, and my brother showed off his newest... Acquisition. Sat atop Maelys' shoulder was a tiny dragon. As he was my brother, so too did he see fit to consider his dragon the brother of Aerax, and so he named the smaller beast Daerax, in his honor. Two Targaryens with two dragons. I could only hope that this would not go the way it had done so many years ago. With the greetings and warm welcomes settled, I arranged for celebrations to occur. To mark the historic occasion, I commissioned a grand tourney, to be held in two moons. The Tourney of the Star it was to be called, in honor of the men who fought bravely in my army. At the conclusion of the tourney, a summer fair was to be held, to spread the celebration to the smallfolk, so that they too might revel in this historic occasion. Never in the history of the Seven Kingdoms had the realm felt so united.

6Mp7aUf.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
now time to give Northern lands to their rightfully Lords... hard task if you ask me

The never been so united part could either mean lasting peace or shit is about to go down.

I'm hoping for the former. :p

now time to give Northern lands to their rightfully Lords... hard task if you ask me

Honestly, with the mechanics of the game, the vast majority of them kept their seats. If you look at some of the screenshots from my chapters, you'll see some Northerners were leading the Aztec armies. I ommitted that in favor of the story, but it isn't all that difficult returning the taken lands.

Congratulations! I'm nominating you for WritAAR of the Week!

Naw, shucks. Thank you very much!

Now I'm more curious as to how the Aztecs managed to travel across dimensions to reach Westeros. Is it like how the Telmarines got to Narnia (via gateway between worlds at sea)? Or did they come from some uncharted continent across the Atlantic... er Sunset Sea? If so, are they running away from something that is so dangerous (perhaps some Mayan White Walkers ;)) that they risked their lives in a journey to unknown lands? (If the latter is true, don't you feel like the bad guy now that you mercilessly killed them and drove them away? :p) This could be its own AAR lol.

Now I'm more curious as to how the Aztecs managed to travel across dimensions to reach Westeros.

Clearly their ancestors found the stargate buried under Chichen Itza.

Reactions:
Great last couple of updates, can't wait for more

:)

Now I'm more curious as to how the Aztecs managed to travel across dimensions to reach Westeros. Is it like how the Telmarines got to Narnia (via gateway between worlds at sea)? Or did they come from some uncharted continent across the Atlantic... er Sunset Sea? If so, are they running away from something that is so dangerous (perhaps some Mayan White Walkers ;)) that they risked their lives in a journey to unknown lands? (If the latter is true, don't you feel like the bad guy now that you mercilessly killed them and drove them away? :p) This could be its own AAR lol.

Clearly their ancestors found the stargate buried under Chichen Itza.

Considering Narnia was already brought up, I suspect they walked through a closet. I imagine marching 80,000 men through a single closet was a tad time consuming for them.