• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(18239)

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas
Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
doomsdayopening_r1_c1.jpg

Scenario: Doomsday Grand Campaign

Difficulty: Hard / Agressive

This has got my attention. The words Crimson, United Kingdom and doomsday look great.

'Crimson' and 'Tsunami' combined sure has a nice ring to it :cool:

*Eagerly awaiting more*

Nice name, nice picture...looking forward to the AAR.

jose1357 said:
hmmm...was expecting US for ww3
I played an earlier game as the US and was kickec out of Germany before I could rally on the French border and around Rome. With the input of some 200 infantry divisions I consolidated my lines and struck them in return when they where spent.
In Korea the story was the same as it was in Iraq.

It was fun but I wanted something different this time. And as I did not want to have the capacity to throw out 200 infantry units I wanted the AI to handle the US. I expect to be whiped and lose all of mainland Europe rallying in India and maybe in the Italian boot. We will see :cool:

Just a quick question, whats the start and end date on this beast of a game? :D

Lord Boreal said:
Just a quick question, whats the start and end date on this beast of a game? :D

Start dat is October 1945, end date......?

header.jpg

The Salzburger Conference, September 30th 1945.

General Omar Bradly “They are building up such a massive force. Why aren’t you in favour of striking them before they strike us. According to Von Clausewitz you have to be bold and strike your enemy....”

British Field Marshal Montgommery “ I don’t care about von Clausewitz. He send our troops to their death at Ypres and Verdun. We don’t want a repetition of the Great War. If we throw those bombs they will fall upon us like a massive avalanche.”

Winston Churchill “Monty, you are right. We have to solve this friction by diplomacy. What would happen to our troops in Berlin for example. What would happen to our men on the Austrian front?”

US Field Marshal Mac Arthur “They will be withdrawn. And don’t worry about the front in Austria, the pressure in the Caucasus, Central Asia and most of all, on my front, Korea, will be so great they won’t come through. They will smash themselves on our lines.”

British general Dempsey “I wouldn’t be so sure of that I toured the defences of Southern Austria last week and they are flimsy at best. We can’t hold back the red hordes here.”

General Omar Bradly “Red hordes, red hordes, now don’t you be pathetic. Of course they have some four hundred divisions but we almost match them in that. We can handle them on the defence but as von Clausewitz said....”

British Field Marshal Montgommery “ Shut up about that stupid German.”

Winston Churchill “Britain does not agree with this course of action. We do not agree a nuclear bombs is dropped on Moscow without an aggressive move from their side.”

US Field Marshal Mac Arthur “An aggressive move can be arranged.”

The Brits looked at their American colleagues, started by Mac Arthurs comment.

Winston Churchill “Still, Britain does not .”

French Field Marshal de Gaulle “France, does, we agree.”

Churchill buried his face in his hands.

And so it happened.
nukemoscow.jpg

Last edited:
And so it begins... great!

:eek:

You first move was to wipe out Moscow? Eeeek!

Lord Boreal said:
:eek:

You first move was to wipe out Moscow? Eeeek!

I am playing the UK. the first move of the USA is to whipe out Moscow.

Singleton Mosby said:
I am playing the UK. the first move of the USA is to whipe out Moscow.
Is this optional if you play as the US?

*oooh, so curious*

GrimReaper said:
Is this optional if you play as the US?

*oooh, so curious*

Well, you can of course cancel the order. That way your bombers, stationed in Turkey, will not drop their bombs (they are already airborn). But I , as the Uk can't do a thing about it.

Singleton Mosby said:
Well, you can of course cancel the order. That way your bombers, stationed in Turkey, will not drop their bombs (they are already airborn). But I , as the Uk can't do a thing about it.

So the scenario starts with a "pre-ordered" strike against Moscow by the US? Nasty. :)

Singleton Mosby said:
Ok, thanks.

Gothmog said:
So the scenario starts with a "pre-ordered" strike against Moscow by the US? Nasty. :)
I say "fun"!

Lurken said:
I say "fun"!

Not for the poor comrades in Moscow...and knowing the AI (or at least I think I do, I don't have the game yet), what we saw in this AAR is likely to be repeated 9 times out of ten, at least...