• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tuore

Caramelised Utopian
76 Badges
Mar 16, 2009
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Island Bound
  • 200k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
The Creek Coast
A Creek IN 3.2 AAR

Patch 3.2b, nation Creek. Difficulty Hard, settings normal except random lucky nations.

I'm trying the same as Prawnstar in his "Audacity of Hope" AAR: Survive as long as possible, and if i'm lucky enough, maybe expand into Europe (or what the Creek call the Terra Incognita).

I'm not as good player as Prawnstar, so i might not survive.

Comments are very welcome, i hope you learn something from this. First update(s) in few hours.

Update I: Cherries taste good

ourworld.jpg

This is our world. Our advantage (compared to Iroquis; i keep referring to Prawnstar's AAR throughout this AAR) is that we start on the coast. Neighbors are Cherokees and Shawnees.

revolt.jpg

This is the result of moving towards centralisation. 4 rebel regiments rise up on the other side of our country. I prepare to recruit troops, but i fear that i will collapse, because i have no forts and they just run through the country. Our only army is 1,000 spearmen. No more.

shaw.jpg

Shawnee offers alliance, and that confirms Cherokee as our first target. All three of us are weak nations that can barely survive an 1vs1-war. With two nations attacking from opposite directions, they have already lost.

5th December 1399, rebels have destroyed our army and conquered the regions.

collapse.jpg

It's good it didn't last any longer, now we can prepare for war. Bad thing was that our prestige is now -22.

great.jpg

These are the only ministers we can make benefit of.

4th september 1400.

aatackt.jpg

We have 4,000 troops against their 6000. We take no risks, so we scorch Alabama just before they arrive.

scorch.jpg

We won them, and while they retreated, Shawnee destroyed them. Cherokee lands were now free to take.

9th October 1402. We have conquered all of Cherokee lands. Shawnee made peace with them, demanding only one region. We will not do so.

conquered.jpg

annexb.jpg

"...Greatly upset the Animist world..." we don't care, we're the only animists. Because our next target is Shawnee.

We now control Cherry (cherokee) territories! Rebellions are a bit of problem, when we've reached +3 stability (in few months), we wait a while for RR to lower, then we'll attack Shawnee.

rebl.jpg

One year later, +3 stability. Some info before the offensive:

doxrenr.jpg

Next update this evening (or whatever time it is in your region, here it's 3:45 PM so in a few hours updating).

New goal:

• Destroy Cherokee DONE
  • Destroy Shawnee
  • 0 RR everywhere
  • Have a good army to stand chance against europeans
  • SURVIVE!!!

Yeah, IIRC there was a province limit and if you have below that, no succession crisises will break.

Anyway, i guess i could kill the pretender easily with those armies. Aren't they usually about 8,000 men?

Not sure i have never played as native americans nor gotten succession crisises

I've had SC once, as timurids:D

E: From Prawnstar's Iroquis AAR, update 2:

"Province count is nine, at the limit of what can be done without the risk of a succession crisis every time my ruler dies."

I've got 13, so i have a problem.

Aaaah, yes gotta love those tribal succesion crisis spirals...
Solution: Turn Shawnee into your vassal and sell the extra provinces. That way you have Indirect control over them meaning you will not suffer the negative parts, but you lose all positive except 50% of the tax.

Update II: The Shawnee's Fall and... new rise

Brim I, after seeing Shawnee's government type (republic) realizes that he hasn't looked at our current government type!

despot.jpg

We change for despotism, because of more manpower.

ignoreq.jpg

Useless?! It still takes 3000 years to research one level!

We picked up few better advisors to counter the stability hit taken by the government change.

brimcourt.jpg

At this point FRAPS stopped working, so i'll just describe:
First Shawnee cancelled our alliance. I couldn't forgive them, and therefore i gathered my armies.
Secondly, rebellions ravaged them (aftermatch of Cherokee war; their stability was -2) and they collapsed. They had now in total of HUGE 1,000 troops. :rofl:

Then i attacked.
Just before the war ended, fraps decided to work again:

timemj.jpg

We annexed.

unitet.jpg

So, we now have no neighbors! But i couldn't rest, as i knew Brim was old, and a succession crisis would lead to a collapse and then Cherokees and Shawnees would declare independence and we would need to do it all from scratch again. Then i read Nordscouters' comment, and decided that it would be the answer.

shawvassal.jpg

Shawnee is our vassal, and we have exactly 9 provinces. When the europeans arrive, i must westernise and get government higher to get rid of tribalism.

As this is not a part of the update, i'll show you what i tried. I cheated the death of Brim, and this is the result.

whatif.jpg

So thanks for reminding me about the succession crisis early enough! You saved this aar.

Good Luck.

You will need it. :eek: :)

I'm helping! :D

Just counted them. 30.000 in total, slightly overwhelming the current Creek army?