The coral species portrait from the aquatics dlc should be able to use the plantoid traits

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pek01

Private
54 Badges
Feb 5, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
Although corals aren't plants or fungi, they do reproduce by budding, and warm-water corals also need sunlight. But because they aren't in either of these species groups, they can't use these traits.

Reactions:
Although corals aren't plants or fungi, they do reproduce by budding, and warm-water corals also need sunlight. But because they aren't in either of these species groups, they can't use these traits.
I can understand your concern but this would require once, a complete overhaul of the species categorization segment to be full displayed in UI, and second its integrity of the species logical determination association. This problem appears by necroids too.

Reactions:
I can understand your concern but this would require once, a complete overhaul of the species categorization segment to be full displayed in UI, and second its integrity of the species logical determination association. This problem appears by necroids too.
Well, I was thinking that maybe they could just move the portrait to the fungoid group. It would still be part of the aquatics dlc, but it would also be able to use the plantoid traits.

Maybe each portrait could have a property, communicated to the player wia a smaller symbol in the species creation menu, that would identify it as robot, rock-eating, plantoidesque, fungoidesque or any other designation (I think aquatic should be here as well). While these would be fixed to portrait, they would not be fixed to a portrait group, so we could get some portraits that have multiple designations or have designations usually outside their group.

• 1Like
Reactions:
One of the Stellaris devs have already said he'd like to redo the phenotype system so...

• 2Like
Reactions:
One of the Stellaris devs have already said he'd like to redo the phenotype system so...
I haven't the time or mood to track such things. Where is the problem with doubled mentioning one good idea?! I don't apply for a job!

The problem is deeper as it appears, and if wanted to be done right it has to be stretched over ascension perks, like, genetics, spirits and synthetics. It is useless to redo this until not the concluding effects are considered right. It could or should even affect terraforming and the general habitation system.

This, in the next step, could allow to shift focus on sociological manipulation of the population in correlation of science systems, however, it is required to extrapolate such ideas to not end up into a dead end development.
Maybe some further forum topic project for me, but first I have to rewrite the terraforming one which will serve as foundation for it.