• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fix-pack question

I can download the zip file.I can't get it to install though.
How does one actually get this to install?
(the file is currently sitting in "my documents")

lordsid said:
I can download the zip file.I can't get it to install though.
How does one actually get this to install?
(the file is currently sitting in "my documents")
You just unzip the fixpack into your HoI folder. Make sure it extracts the subfolders, not just all the files into the main folder.

Is there a way to tell if the files are correctly installed from the zip file?

lordsid said:
Is there a way to tell if the files are correctly installed from the zip file?
You could look at the changelog and see if those files are actually changed (or at least have datestamps in 2005; all the official files would be 2004 or older).

I went into the program files & there is a read me for the fixpack (modified 14/11/2005).Some other files were modified 22/03/2007,so it looks like it worked.Thanks,now I wonder if I still remember how to play.I may be saying oops alot.

No air stacking penalty patch

Tried the one listed, but apparently it is dead. Any other ideas?

Dumb question

Forgive my idiocy, but it's been centuries since I patched anything:

Once its downloaded, is it done, or do I have to tinker with the program files?

Tom Saywer said:
Once its downloaded, is it done, or do I have to tinker with the program files?

You just need to 'run' the patch program - double click on the file.

Commander Keen said:
The No Time-Limit Patch
======================

Tired of 1947 creeping up on you and ruining a fun battle between the Allies and the Comintern? Try the no-time limit patch by DiegoV. However, be aware that all events will shut down after 1947.

This file can be downloaded at the following links:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=686
http://www.users.on.net/~colin.hamwood/hoi2files/no_time_limit12.zip

How to Install:
=========
Extract to your HOI root directory. Run no_time_limit12.exe. Choose HOI.exe as the target file to patch. Choose your start and end dates.

What it is:
======
This patch works for HOI 1 and 2. It changes the start and end dates of the game to whatever you want. I wouldn't suggest setting the startdate earlier than 1936, but feel free to set whatever end date you want. I suggest and endate of 1953 or 1960. Be aware that events will stop firing after 1947.

I tried installing as suggested, but I don't have a HOI.exe file, just the bak file. Tried putting it in the HOI file, which it said it had patched successfully, but no change, and was unable to set ther start and finish years anyway - it just wouldn't change from the 1000 to 2010 it has as standard in the patch thing.

Also, does this thing work in CORE - I normally play in CORE. ?

Any suggestions for the technologically inept? :)

King_Emperor said:
I tried installing as suggested, but I don't have a HOI.exe file, just the bak file. Tried putting it in the HOI file, which it said it had patched successfully, but no change, and was unable to set ther start and finish years anyway - it just wouldn't change from the 1000 to 2010 it has as standard in the patch thing.

Also, does this thing work in CORE - I normally play in CORE. ?

Any suggestions for the technologically inept? :)

Ok,NTL works with core as the vanillia game and CORE both run off the same Hoi.exe.
The bak file if you rename it hoi.exe it should work to patch.(all it is is a back up copy of the exe)i dont know why you dont have the original one still??
The game dates do not so much change unless you change the start end dates of scenario but the NTL patch just works after 1947,so all you might notice is the game continuing after 1948.1000 to 2010 is just the range of the NTL.

Also i read in one of your other posts you are using a older version of CORE 0.84? the last version was CORE 0.90+CORE 0.91 to be up to date .I think the links to it are in this thread.

doc.gif

Tom Saywer said:
The NTL patch is apparently downloaded. Where do I go to set the end date?

You have to applie the patch to your hoi exe,then you should see prompts to tell you what to do,you can set the end date to what you want up to 2199 i think??

Original instructions....
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91395
Paradox Interactive Forums - No Time Limit mod question

doc.gif