• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fustang: ...BTW Can you make a trade guide? It's not like I don't know how to trade and such but you took it to a whole new level, spending 0 IC on supplies and still earning I've never seen it before.

i second this request. however, i am a complete newbie when it comes to trading. all i do is accept/reject whatever the AIs offer me. :rolleyes:

Actually if we could request a recap/self critique of the past eight and a half months it would be very entertaining and informative for all. Not only your trading but your research and production were phenomenal to make Brazil a world power.

I have read many excellent AARs but this one is the best for one reason - There were times (Sealion, Italy) when I really didn't think you could win. Congratulations on a masterpiece, and thank you for bringing it to us!

Best AAR ever, I loved every update of it. You made huge costly mistakes in Italy, and that was very entertaining. Yo kept me laughing occasionally with your Army/Navy/Airforce Battle, and even as you trailed off due to time constraints at the end, you gave a fit ending. I'm sad to see it end. It truly brought a tear to my eyes when I saw it was ending. Great Mod also.

My final notes on the AAR, From the Argentine War, to the Battle of the Atlantic you inspired many people to join the forums. I hope you make another AAR some day. Of course that is a while off, but someday. I only hope I do half as good aas you with my Aussie AAR.

You are a true inspiration -Formosa

I'm absolutly lost for words, it's been a mamoth of AAR and and a hell of a ride following it. From the fortresses stockpiled with garrisons in southern Brazil where I first started to fear you might struggle. You have not always taken the easy choice and the one that might seem logical at first. But you have been succesful non the less. You have played your role as a defender of the freeworld superb and the gabbering within the goverment and the armed forces has been entertaining to follow. Now I raise my glas and drink to you. My all your future projects be as good as this AAR whatever they may be.

or perhaps even the save file? next thing you know rich-love will be making an aar out of that playing as germany :p

Post war stuff
- The Soviet Union and Russia will fight it out without interferance (no repeat of the post WW1 business).
- Poland is pretty much in the same boat, ethnically, as it was before WW2. I don't have a feel for how cohesive the nation was then.
- Finland has surrendered. A surrender on terms (quite reasonable terms), but still a surrender. The treaty provides for non-interferance in Russia, including Karelia but does give Finland back her pre-war territory, largely due to their self-control during WW2.
- The colonial empires of Britain and France are doomed. The only question is timeline.
- Britain is a victor in this war. A half-shattered victor, but a victor none the less. Northern Ireland won't be changing hands.

Responses to various requests
- I will get around to writing up a small trade FAQ at some point.
- I hear a request for a recap/self-critique, but I'm not really sure where to begin. I do confess to being very shocked that I managed to get 588,000 of my boys killed. Honestly thought I was being more careful than that. *looks sheepish*

A request of my own
- If any of you have the ability to create Adobe PDF files I would be very grateful if this AAR could be turned into a document.

-----

Thank you to you all, the many, many wonderful readers who have shared the story of the Smoking Cobras with me! It's been so inspiring and energizing to introduce HOI2 to new players, share the word about HSR and the Naval Beta, and get Brazil (and indeed Argentina) some long-awaited recognition.

It will be quite a while before I write another AAR, due largely to my new HOI2 modding project. Some of you have already discovered it at http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280943 . When I do start another AAR, I will certainly adopt the wise counsel of posting a link in this thread.

Last edited:
Regarding your PDF request LM+. How do you want it? I mean one long document with your updates chaptered, do you want the the readAARs replies and the discussions together, or not at all or as a separate document och as an appendix? Basically specify your request and I'll see if I can find the time in the coming week.

How did I miss the last update? Great situation, I especially like how the is a Russian civil war still going on. I wish you good luck on The Epsilon Project and I hope that goes well.

Mooses said:
Regarding your PDF request LM+. How do you want it? I mean one long document with your updates chaptered, do you want the the readAARs replies and the discussions together, or not at all or as a separate document och as an appendix? Basically specify your request and I'll see if I can find the time in the coming week.
I have no idea of whether it's practical, but the ideal situation would be to have one file with game updates only, and another file with both game and comments. Game post(s) at top of chapter, all commentary (ending with my replies just before the next update) following.

If that doesn't fly, then a second-best would be to have the second of these files. A third-best would be to have game and comments just like in the thread. A fourth-best would be just the game.

Thanks for the offer! :D

you could have pdfs for each chapter, then a master pdf with links to all of those. :confused: I don't really get how pdfs work so I may just be talking crap.

Mooses: I'll look into it this week and see what I find practical, stylish and I have the time to do. I'll keep you informed of the progress.

oh, and don't forget to give the Cobras some victory cigars ! ! :cool: