• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are sliders in eu3 converted based on anything?

I poked around in the converter files and couldn't find anything. If they are converted it would be nice to have some "fiddlable" options.

Are sliders in eu3 converted based on anything?

I poked around in the converter files and couldn't find anything. If they are converted it would be nice to have some "fiddlable" options.

They are, but I forget the details. There are some links to discussions on the second post that might have some details.

But I am no longer doing any development on this converter. So I won't be exposing those settings at all. Sorry.

Cool, I mainly wanted to know if there was any sort of rhyme and reason behind sliders.

You've done a superhuman share for this converter anyway and, for me at least, it works perfectly. My hat goes off to you.

Try rolling the game back to the pre-Raj version and then convert. I did that with an Ireland>Albion save and it worked grand.

Out of curiosity- how do you go about doing this? My attempts have all lead my game to crash upon trying to access the "Save Game" folder.

Doesn't look like this converter actually works with any saves that have been played with the latest CK2 version (2.2 I believe at the time of writing). The version format crash is just beyond me.
It's actually a real pain trying to get this to work despite the save incompatibility, as it seems the file structure of CK2 has been switched up since the converter was released (had to find the "missing files" which were hidden in sub-folders in the main folder that the converter was looking for them in).
Any attempts at using a save from 2.2 result in either a grayed out map in EU3, or a grayed out map with an unsupported save when attempting to port it back into a previous version of CK2.
I suppose until someone feels like picking this back up, this remains a pipe dream for me and anyone else.

If there's an alternative to this utility that actually works with the latest CK2, or a utility which makes saves from 2.2 compatible with 2.0.4, someone let us know. I've looked around but hit brick walls each time.

Until then, a warning to anyone interested in this, DON'T play with the latest CK2 patch if you plan on converting to EU3. I know this isn't most peoples concerns at this point what with EU4, but for those paupers like me who want to rely on the old stuff, take heed.
If the OP could notify which version of CK2 his converter is designed to operate with in the readme or op, I think that would save a lot of people some unnecessary headaches and wasted time.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like this converter actually works with any saves that have been played with the latest CK2 version (2.2 I believe at the time of writing). The version format crash is just beyond me.
It's actually a real pain trying to get this to work despite the save incompatibility, as it seems the file structure of CK2 has been switched up since the converter was released (had to find the "missing files" which were hidden in sub-folders in the main folder that the converter was looking for them in).
Any attempts at using a save from 2.2 result in either a grayed out map in EU3, or a grayed out map with an unsupported save when attempting to port it back into a previous version of CK2.
I suppose until someone feels like picking this back up, this remains a pipe dream for me and anyone else.

If there's an alternative to this utility that actually works with the latest CK2, or a utility which makes saves from 2.2 compatible with 2.0.4, someone let us know. I've looked around but hit brick walls each time.

Until then, a warning to anyone interested in this, DON'T play with the latest CK2 patch if you plan on converting to EU3. I know this isn't most peoples concerns at this point what with EU4, but for those paupers like me who want to rely on the old stuff, take heed.
If the OP could notify which version of CK2 his converter is designed to operate with in the readme or op, I think that would save a lot of people some unnecessary headaches and wasted time.

I added the following blurb to the OP:
This project is now abandoned, though if any ambitious people want to try to update it, I can direct them appropriately. It was last known to work with saves before RoI.

Reactions:
I got the following error 16-03-10 14:09:02: Error: Could not open E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Crusader Kings II\/common/buildings.txt

Any suggestions? I am using the latest version of CKII. Thanks.

This hasn't worked since RoI came out, sorry.

Reactions:
Final Release
Sorry to necro the thread all, but I wanted to mention that a team member recently got the converter to run on on modern systems. It only supports CK2 2.2, but if you're still upset about mana and would prefer your megacampaigns to go to EU3, then roll back CK2 and follow this link to get CK2 to EU3 1.01a - Final.